MAA IRC?

Public forum for all board visitors. Discuss MAA Business, Membership, Rules, Saftey Concerns, Q&A, FAQ's, etc.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Mitu
MAA Member

MAA IRC?

Post by Mitu » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:02 pm

So, this was just an idea that was bouncing around in my head that seems to work well on several other forums that I regularly read. Seems like it would be a fun thing just for general chatting purposes. So, my question to those in the know is: How hard would something like an IRC channel be to set up, and, would it be worthwhile to implement?

For those of you who dont know what IRC is, you can head over to Arnie's and click on their Chatroom feature, a good example of an IRC channel.
"Tyro and I are agreeing on something. This must mean it is conclusive."-Wolfwood
BATC Graduate 03-05

bikemancs
MAA Member

Re: MAA IRC?

Post by bikemancs » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:59 pm

People still use IRC? I thought that died out years ago...

Ballistic09
Extremely Regular

Post by Ballistic09 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 pm

There is a Minnesota Airsoft chat room on meebo that some people still use. It's pretty rare to join when there are other people in the room though. :(

I think it's possible to embed the chat room on the forums, but for some reason it never happened. I think it's a great idea, but hardly anyone knows about it. If it were embedded, it would certainly increase number of people who use it.

Red Cell
MAA Member

Post by Red Cell » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 am

I have run/owned an airsoft chat on Undernet for the last 13 years. If someone wants to get the code it could easily be set up on the main page as a live chat.

Forgive the Necropost.
Fatwater Group - Southern Chapter
Got fried okra?

性交は何をそれだったか。- Mayor of Hiroshima August 6, 1945

Return to “MAA Official Business”