sniper

Public forum for all board visitors. Discuss MAA Business, Membership, Rules, Saftey Concerns, Q&A, FAQ's, etc.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

trogdor796
A Regular

sniper

Post by trogdor796 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:09 pm

i just started airsoft about a year ago and i live near Anoka, MN. I own a UTG L96 in stock form. ive been looking around for some places that i can play in MN and came across this site. but in your rules it says that i have to be 18 to use a sniper rifle and im almost 16. so am i out of luck if i want to play with u guys or did i miss something??

siuss

Re: sniper

Post by siuss » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:28 pm

As far as I know the only thing that makes you ineligable for a sniping position is wether or not your' gun fires over the FPS limit. So as long as you're under 400 FPS you can still play open sessions.

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:56 pm

suis is correct and you would have been able to find this question multiple time as it has been asked quite a bit lately. Overall yes you can user your sniper rifle as long as it shoots under our 400 FPS rule while using .2g bbs. If it shoots any hotter then then and only then would you be required to be an MAA member and over the age of 18. This does include if it shoots just 1 or 2 fps over. However it would be up to a senior officers opinion if they would let you use it or not if that is the case.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."
-Rifleman's Creed

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:16 pm

And the main reason for this rule is Safety!

"Any" AEG that shoots over 400fps can cause some serious injury. That is why the limit is set at 400fps with .20g bb's.

And remember Airsoft is about looks...but in function they are all the same.

You may have a Sniper looking gun, the bb's are round, the barrel is smooth and the fps is 400. Your action is a bolt...and it has ballistic properties of a musket.

And your facing an AEG, the bb's are round, the barrel is smooth and the FPS is 400. The action is "Automatic" and thus its an automatic Musket!

A 400fps AEG will cream a user with a 400fps sniper in a head to head battle due to volume of bb's in the air over a Sniper...so, the Sniper limits were bumped up to give the Sniper a slight range advantage. But, this greatly increase damage from a BB shot, so to prevent bad shooting decisions, assault charges and negligent handling of a firearm (Minnesota law) by a minor...you are not allowed to "use" a true sniper class powered airsoft gun in a "MAA Event".

Non-MAA events are not governed by this rule and this the liability falls back on the user and potential game organizer. And in our sue happy society....is that a risk you want to take?

But, in open games you can still use a 'Stock" sniper type gun.
Last edited by Guges Mk3 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 pm

well i thought that everyone knew this but i quess not. stock UTG L96 guns shoot over 500fps with a .2. i use .28 bbs but that doesnt matter i quess. and i also must ask what is the deal with the 50ft engagement rule? ive been shot with my l96 from 30 ft wearing an extremely thin shirt and it left a little welt and it wasnt that bad. i dont mean to sound mad about your rules but i am just asking sorry if i sound mean lol.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Again that is an issue of safety...you had someone take an aimed shot at your torso.

Now, instead...be more realistic. Pretend your playing a real game, and peek from around a tree. Have someone shoot you at 30 feet in the lip or the teeth...or worse the soft tissue in your throat.

Are you willing to do that?
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:18 pm

yes i suppose i get your point but i still dont understand why i have to be 18 to use a sniper when 14 year olds can use automatics. once again not trying to be a jerk just wondering lol

MajWinters636
MAA Member

Post by MajWinters636 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:20 pm

you can use a sniper if you want as long as it chronos under 400 fps...

When a gun shoots over 400 fps it gets a little more dangerous. That is why there is an age and membership limit to using a sniper.
BATC Graduate #103
Class 1007
MAA Member
T.O.C. Member

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:23 pm

let me get this straight- the gun cant chrono at over 400fps with .2s right? i thought i read in your rules that the chrono was done with the bb weight the person was going to use in the game.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Again...issue is Safety

Many minors don't demonstrate the responsibility to handle a High Power Airgun, they play illegally in parks and shoot them in public areas. Many of which are illegal in the metro area and could be a Felony when used in "one" instance where someone felt "fear".

Understanding, many don't understand the danger that a HP sniper can do.
...i have to be 18 to use a sniper when 14 year olds can use automatics...
The Auto's are not high powered and are restricted at 400fps at the muzzel. 30 feet down range a bb drops to about 330fps.

You can play with a HP Sniper...you just use it at a MAA sanctioned event. This is a safety concern.

And this is just not a local MAA rule. Other organizations have similar rules. If you don't like the rules...play elsewhere.

It's like any other sport, there are rules. And in reality....even if you did play in an MAA gun with a 500fps .20 sniper.

You will still be at a disadvantage... .20 are far to inaccurate and as you say you use .28, which reduces your fps to AEG fps. And they can throw 12 shots to your one, you will have no cover advantages for most open fields are played out and open. Most scenario games at special sites offer very little sniper duties unless they are designed around a sniper teams. Plus a guy with a 300fps AEG can still get to you by taking 5 strides to close the range.

Sniper guns require open ranges and stationary targets...all of which is not easily found at playing fields. But, they do exist and are used in very large scenarios.

I'll tell you about a real game I was in. Three guys in a bunker, had the most open range around them. The had firing ports to shoot out of. There was two AEG users and one sniper in the bunker. They held everyone down that tried to attack them directly.

But, the guy that took them out...he used cover and bunker blind spots to sneak up to the open topped bunker and surrender two of the guys in the bunker after shooting one of them in the should first with a Revolver.

The sniper had its place, but the thing was...the sniper is easily circumvented in field play. A player with a AEG is far more flexible.

And I am not saying a Sniper gun is bad...its just heavily limited in its functionality.

And in the hands of young minors who 95% of the time buy them as their first Airsoft gun its not safe and its not practical as your primary weapon.

Many people on this board started with a sniper and HP ones too.

Sound off if you had one and switched to an AEG and why.

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:57 pm

so i cant play with u guys then? do u know anywhere where there are events near Anoka that i can play in? i am very responsible and i know that i could be of some use. me friends that have airsoft guns decided to get crap ones that break all of the time(JG mp5s, bar10, guns under $100 etc.) so i am stuck with no one to play with =(

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:01 pm

You can play with us at Non-Sanctioned MAA events as long as they allow it.

As for organized games...there is nothing in MN that is not a "Renegade" Game with more then 15 people.

Or just do a spring swap...bolty's are easy to mod with a lower power spring...for MAA games.

Or just compress yours down by leaving it cocked for 2 weeks.

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:04 pm

k srry about seeming like im mad at your rules just looking for someone to play with. let me know with a pm when theres an event you think i could play at coming up ill try to make it

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Why not come out to one of our session to check it out. Do you know for certain that you gun is shooting that hot? If it is we have retail guns you could use until you can get your hands on another spring to bring your FPS down.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."
-Rifleman's Creed

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:27 pm

trogdor796 wrote:k srry about seeming like im mad at your rules just looking for someone to play with. let me know with a pm when theres an event you think i could play at coming up ill try to make it
Look, were not trying to discourage you here. If anything we are always happy to have new people join us at games, as long as they are willing to abide by the rules. Believe me, if you can get that Fps down so it meats the requirements, you will NOT be disappointed. This is probably the greatest group of people to airsoft with there is. Just go to one of their games, get the gun chronoed, and if yours shoots too hot, use a rental for that game, and just work on lowering the fps for the next one

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:08 pm

well im pretty sure it shoots that hot because thats what it says on sites(airsoftgi, evike, etc.) and let me make sure i got this correct lol. it doesnt matter what bb weight i use because it still shoots over 500fps with a .2? maybe i will get a lower spring but i hope i can still even be of some use then. oh and if i come to an event that you guys go to does it cost any money to just watch? what if i brought my gun to get it chronoed and then just watch?

Viper
MAA Member

Post by Viper » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:17 pm

It doesn't matter what BB weight you use, because what we're actually measuring is the force you shoot at, not the velocity. A .20g BB at 300 fps is a specific amount of force (as dictated by the spring, cylinder, etc.). A .28g BB fired from the same gun will have the exact same amount of force/energy, but because the BB is more massive (heavier) it will have a lower velocity.

So, no matter what you fire when playing, your gun will be chrono-ed with a .20g BB, and that's how the limits are measured.

P.S. Don't ever trust what a retailer says for the FPS on their website. If they include a slip that says the gun chronoed at xyz speed, ok, but in general, take it with a grain of salt.
Viper - Morris Team
MAA Member #73
BATC 05/10 #104

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:32 pm

Remember Airsoft is an unregulated industry, no truth is advertising is required.

Fatal MiZtakE
A Regular

Post by Fatal MiZtakE » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:48 pm

I started with a hp springer and let me say that every one of these guys are right , eventually I switched to a DMR style AEG and have not really seen much of a difference in accuracy ( upgraded bar-10,493-502 fps, to a upgraded echo-1 soc 16 , 371-378 fps ) Both of witch were putting roughly the same groups at about 115 ' (done with .20's). so what I learned the hard way (same as most of these guys...lol...of whom are trying to to save you the same headache) is that more Fps does not mean better accuracy,and the ability to put more rounds down range @ your target ( weather with a scope on single fire , or open sights on full auto ) the better . Nothing worse to ruin the day of fun play than to be out gunned all day. just my 2 pennies.... :D
"All those that want to live forever stay here , the rest of you follow me." Master Sergeant William Gregory, 7th cav , France 1940
Captain Of the 181st Ns.W.G

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:08 am

well i see that you guys are encouraging me to switch to an auotomatic but thats not an option for me. automatics will never be as quiet as a sniper which is a key to winning(depending where you play i play in wooded/thick vegetation areas mostly). do u guys play in wooded/vegetation areas or more arena/paintball type places? and buying ammo for autos is way more expensive since they are ammo eaters. one of the main reasons that i bought a sniper was to save on ammo and i like sniping(yes i realize i cant get a headshot 500yds away like in a videogame). but soon i am getting a backup AEP to go with my sniper so maybe i could play with something like that until im 18? i know that wont be good compared to your guns but im sure i could still get some kills.

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:54 am

A few questions and comments come to mind while reading your posts.

1. Where do you currently play?

2. Although we play at paintball facilities we do not play in speed ball arenas. We do play at Special Forces Paintball which is a wooded paintball location.

3. In the long run the amount of BBs will actually come out to be the same. You can purchase 5000 rounds of .20s for $12. I realize that you can purchase about as many BBs of .28 grams for the same price but over time you will about match up.

4. Its cheaper to maintain AEG rifles then it is to maintain a sniper rifle.

We are not so much trying to tell you to not have a sniper rifle but to show you that its some times best to have an AEG. Not all events allow snipers or allow snipers that are shooting over 450 fps. This is why its some times best to have an AEG as even just a secondary weapon you and use when needed.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
-Rifleman's Creed

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:29 pm

1- i usually play in my yard(7 acres with weeds/woods) with my friends but they choose to get cheap guns like JG mp5's etc. so thier guns constantly have problems and usaully im not able to play with them because of it.
2- k well then i can see how a sniper + camo/ghillie suit would have a great advantage over a loud AEG
3- they may cost around the same but i takes a long time to go through 5000 .28s while you could go through 5000 .2s with an AEG very quikly
4- you have a point but snipers are actually easier to fix if something goes wrong with them because they dont have alot moving parts like AEG(gearbox etc.)
i would have an AEG as a secondary weapon but i dont wanna have to spend $200 up on a gun that wouldnt even be as good as the guns you guys use. i will have an AEP soon so maybe i could just use that or would i get owned lol? and can someone answer my question: would i have to pay anything if i came and got my sniper chronoed and then just watched a game?

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:37 pm

There are quite a few players that have JG, ECHO1, and other clones and don't always have problems. Your friends might have gotten a bad bunch.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
-Rifleman's Creed

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:46 pm

trogdor796,

I would suggest you come to a game and at least chrono your gun. I have no doubt that it shoots higher than our rates as many of the new chinese guns coming off the production line are hotter than we allow....but at least you'll know. You are welcome to watch from the sidelines but if you wish to watch from the field, which you can do, you will need a waiver signed.

Do not let what anyone says dissuade you from being a sniper. If you want to perform that roll by all means do so. That said, be mindful of the advice given. There is a lot of experience here and you should make use of it.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:51 pm

And no, spectatorship does not cost any money it would be a silly thing to charge for.

The true sniper role is just unrealistic in skirmishing airsoft games. You main draw back is that you cannot go and set up before you do and they will notice a mound shambling around getting caught on real bushes trying to get to a position with a ghilli suit on.

I have known people that have used only one to tow bags of bb's a year and they use an automatic. Just because the own an auto doesn't mean they fire in auto all the time. These airsoft marksmen use SA for 90% of their game and then FA when the situation gets desperate.

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 pm

trogdor796 wrote:1- i usually play in my yard(7 acres with weeds/woods) with my friends but they choose to get cheap guns like JG mp5's etc. so thier guns constantly have problems and usaully im not able to play with them because of it.
2- k well then i can see how a sniper + camo/ghillie suit would have a great advantage over a loud AEG
3- they may cost around the same but i takes a long time to go through 5000 .28s while you could go through 5000 .2s with an AEG very quikly
4- you have a point but snipers are actually easier to fix if something goes wrong with them because they dont have alot moving parts like AEG(gearbox etc.)
i would have an AEG as a secondary weapon but i dont wanna have to spend $200 up on a gun that wouldnt even be as good as the guns you guys use. i will have an AEP soon so maybe i could just use that or would i get owned lol? and can someone answer my question: would i have to pay anything if i came and got my sniper chronoed and then just watched a game?
2. Yes, against 1 person, but in real games you could be playing with over 30 PEOPLE against you. The fact is, the one person who you shot might not see you, but you can bet one of the other 29 will. The fact is, yes a sniper is quieter than an AEG. Here is the problem though: You have one shot to get that person, and if you miss the person will know what is going on and will leave, and even if you do get the hit, you now have blown your cover, and likely everybody near you will try to find you. Now I don't care how good of a sniper you are, you will not be able to win against a few guys running at you with AEG's firing. Now in the same situation with an AEG, you can have multiple shots in succession, having a greater chance of hitting the target, and you can now quickly turn your attention to anyone else in the area without reloading
3. I think you misunderstand what an AEG is. All AEG's have a semi auto setting, basically making it a sniper rifle that you don't have to reload each shot. Using an AEG doesn't mean you have to be a bb hose, it just means you will be able to fire quicker.
5.(bottom) You can find good quality AEG's for around $150, sometimes less.
Last edited by Sharpshot on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:55 pm

so if i come and get my sniper chronoed and then watch form the sidelines i dont have to pay? let me know when an upcomming event is so i can do this. if my gun chronoes in and im allowed to play with it then ill pay and play but if not then ill just watch.

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:59 pm

trogdor796 wrote:so if i come and get my sniper chronoed and then watch form the sidelines i dont have to pay? let me know when an upcomming event is so i can do this. if my gun chronoes in and im allowed to play with it then ill pay and play but if not then ill just watch.
Yep :D There is an Open session this weekend on the 11th. Just make sure you have a waiver signed

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:00 pm

This Saturday....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22343

And yes....if you come to the game and chrono your gun....and it's too hot....you do not have to pay....and you may sit and watch the games. If you plan on being on the field to watch then you MUST have a signed waiver (as you are under 18 your parents will need to sign it and they are welcome to come too). Watching from the sidelines on some fields means you will see nothing....so I suggest you come with a waiver and watch from ON the field.

If your gun shoots under MAA FPS rates you can play with it.

Clear?
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:10 pm

k but i dont have to pay even if i end up watching on the field right? my mom will drive me their so would i stiil need a signed sheet of paper then? id even let my brother go with and bring his gun but he has no ammo lol. sorry for all the questions im probly driving you guys crazy.

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:15 pm

k but i dont have to pay even if i end up watching on the field right?
Correct. If you do not play....you do not pay (and vice versa).
my mom will drive me their so would i stiil need a signed sheet of paper then?
If you take one step on the field you have to have a signed waiver. If you just want to sit around in the staging area you do not....but you won't see much. ALSO, you will need a full face paintball mask if you go on the field as you are under 18. If you do not go on the field, you do not need one. SFP has masks you can borrow....so it will not cost you anything.
I'd even let my brother go with and bring his gun but he has no ammo lol.
It is likely someone will be on site with BB's for sale but remember only 14 years old an up can play at MAA games. How old is your brother? How old are you?
Sorry for all the questions im probly driving you guys crazy.
We are here to help....
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Irish
MAA Member

Post by Irish » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:21 pm

First of all... You don't seem to understand that playing a sniper in airsoft, basically turns you into an observer that the other team will shoot at. You will NEVER hit anything, moving, at 50+ft away. Airsoft combat is nothing like real combat. You need to come and play at an open session so you can see for yourself.
The first game or two, things will be moving so fast that you won't even realize what's going on. It's at that time you'll understand that airsoft "sniping" puts you at a severe disadvantage. My AEG that shoots 360-370ish, will light you up at 100+ft, with 25 to 40 rounds before you even realize that your first shot missed. See what I mean.

Your comment about JG's and echo 1's ....
These guns will get you into the game( as opposed to sniping, which is basically like playing in the woods by yourself).
I have had two guns (AEGs) that I paid over $600 for. I love them both. They have full trades, heavy upgrades, and are just beautiful to look at.
I have 6 guns that I paid less than $200 for. I love them all. None of them have real trades, no upgrades, and they are still pretty frickin cool to look at.

The difference is, I don't play with the $600 guns in the rain.

If you stick to JG and Echo1(same thing more or less), you get an AEG that will compete with any gun available today. Yeah sure, it may not have real trademarks, but it will have a good FPS, ROF and distance. Pick any model of your choosing (M4, G3, AUG, whatever YOU like) and NOW, you're in the game. However, to keep yourself in the game, you'll need extra mags, a system to carry extra mags, an extra battery, a good pair of boots, and a good pair of NO FOG goggles.

Once you have all the gear mentioned above, you can compete with the average player's gun. That being said, the rest is up to you and your tactics.
You could have the best airsoft sniper gun ever built, and you'll get owned by someone with a HFC GBB.

And BTW,
Winning or losing never matters in airsoft. No one keeps track. If you REALLY want to win, join the military.

Come to the game on Oct. 11th. You can rent an AEG from the MAA for as little as $25.

I love this game.
AKA "The Predicament"
T.O.C.
I love this game.
LIKE us on facebook
Hustle Loyalty Respect

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:37 pm

k ill have my mom sign a sheet of paper saying that i can play (if i do). ill probly need to borrow a mask because i usually just wear gun safety glasses unless my friend lets me borrow his PB mask. i am 15 and will be 16 in january and my brother turned 14 in august so that shouldnt be a problem. i dont think my bro could buy ammo since he has no money lol and i dunno if my mom would pay for it seeing as she is already driving me their and paying my admission (if i play). and thanks so much for all of the answers guys im really looking forward to this whether i end up playing or not.

siuss

Post by siuss » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Word of advice GET A JOB! Airsoft is super hard without plenty of cash to support it. Trust me everything was good while I had a job now my airsofting is on hold.

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:43 pm

trogdor796 wrote:k ill have my mom sign a sheet of paper saying that i can play (if i do). ill probly need to borrow a mask because i usually just wear gun safety glasses unless my friend lets me borrow his PB mask. i am 15 and will be 16 in january and my brother turned 14 in august so that shouldnt be a problem. i dont think my bro could buy ammo since he has no money lol and i dunno if my mom would pay for it seeing as she is already driving me their and paying my admission (if i play). and thanks so much for all of the answers guys im really looking forward to this whether i end up playing or not.
There is a specific waiver you need, you can find it in the Post about the game: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22343
Also, about your questions, we are GLAD that you are asking them. That means you are willing to listen and learn, to become better educated and safer in the game. It is when people do not listen, and want to play the game dangerously, that drives us crazy. This is a good example of what not to be like:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22210

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:50 pm

lol i know airsoft is expensive and im getting a job when i turn 16 at best buy but for now i gotta rely on my parents kind of. ill be sure to use that waiver. i also read that post about the guy wanting to play in a park. why would he even consider that!?!? that guy just seems like he isnt 18 obvioulsy because of hi idea lol. oh and do i need to bring a full camo suit? i have one so its no problem if i need to. what weight ammo is available to buy incase my brother does come and buy ammo(he would probly buy.25s but he could use .2s if he had to.) and how much is the ammo?

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Glad to see you are thinking of coming out to check out the game. Bags of bbs usually run around $12 for a bag of 5000 .20s. Not sure if anyone has any .25s though. Sorry.

Just out of my own curiosity what city do you live in?
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
-Rifleman's Creed

trogdor796
A Regular

Post by trogdor796 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:42 pm

i live in Ramsey. its right by Anoka in case your wondering. oh and is it one game for the whole 4 hours or multiple games? like if i get hit will i ever get to go back in?

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:49 pm

We use respond rules. The change per game. This is a 4 hour session and we usually manage to run somewhere around 5-6 games through out the day. So don't worry about getting not getting enough pay time we try to keep things moving.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
-Rifleman's Creed

Fatal MiZtakE
A Regular

Post by Fatal MiZtakE » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Also Ill be bringing my back-up AEG and Ill most likely try to stage next to check in ,I'd be happy to loan it to you as long as you have your own ammo...PM me before fri. so I can make sure to have a spare mag or 2 for you . that way if your sniper is aloud to be used you can compare and if not you can still play.
"All those that want to live forever stay here , the rest of you follow me." Master Sergeant William Gregory, 7th cav , France 1940
Captain Of the 181st Ns.W.G

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:45 pm

trogdor796 wrote:lol i know airsoft is expensive and im getting a job when i turn 16 at best buy but for now i gotta rely on my parents kind of. ill be sure to use that waiver. i also read that post about the guy wanting to play in a park. why would he even consider that!?!? that guy just seems like he isnt 18 obvioulsy because of hi idea lol. oh and do i need to bring a full camo suit? i have one so its no problem if i need to. what weight ammo is available to buy incase my brother does come and buy ammo(he would probly buy.25s but he could use .2s if he had to.) and how much is the ammo?
The reason he did it is the same reason why we see more and more people nowadays getting arrested for airsoft related crimes. People start to think that what is easy, or what is fun, is right. The also think that it being fun or them getting away with it before are good enough reason to justify their actions and keep doing it. When in truth what their doing is more than likely wrong, and probably illegal

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101

JohnCunningham

Post by JohnCunningham » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:44 pm

From my experience playing with friends at our place, Snipers are good when everyone you play with have spring guns, but once more people started getting electrics, it became more and more useless. Now whenever I try to use my sniper, I end up just getting dominated. That's why I switched, because unless your sniper is upgraded, most AEGs will have the same range and velocity as the sniper anyway, so what would you rather use- a sniper, or a fully automatic sniper?

Also, just in case any of you admins were wondering, the place we play at is in a woods behind my cousin's house by a river, below a hill in a forest valley, so there is virtually no way our guns could reach civilization, sound doesn't travel out of the forest, and we stay well below the hill, not to mention we got the permission of the property owners, and the police, to play there.

ChaskaReconUnit

Post by ChaskaReconUnit » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:26 pm

I used to have a HP sniper. It shot 570 fps with .20

It was bolt action so for every time i shot the enemy could shoot around 12 times. When there is a hail of bb's in the air like that there is absolutely no advantage to a HP sniper.

I switched to AEG and I am more than happy with it.

Return to “MAA Official Business”