2008 MAA T-SHIRT CONTEST!!!

Public forum for all board visitors. Discuss MAA Business, Membership, Rules, Saftey Concerns, Q&A, FAQ's, etc.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

2008 MAA T-SHIRT CONTEST!!!

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 am

2008 MAA T-SHIRT CONTEST

We’re starting this a month later than last year….but it’s time for another MAA T-Shirt Contest. The MAA is once again looking to promote the club. Many people, both Airsoft players and fans of the MAA have been sporting MAA T-Shirts for the last year and it’s increased our visibility to the public and the Airsoft world.

Show off your creativity and design skill and make us a kick-ass T-shirt that the MAA and Minnesota Airsoft Community can be proud of. The winning design will be made into the Official 2008 MAA T-shirt. The winner will get all the bragging rights and a free T-shirt for his/her design.

The Rules:
  • • All T-shirt designs must be submitted to the Minnesota Airsoft Associationâ„¢ via E-Mail at info@mnairsoft.org.
    • All designs must be received by May 5th, 2008.
    • All designs must be submitted in a digital format (.jpg, .ai, .psd, etc). No sketches, scanned drawings, or links to other design sites.
    • Use of the MAA Logo is prohibited UNLESS express permission is granted. Basically, just ask us before using it.
    • T-shirt designs may be used on any style of T-shirt including short sleeve T-shirts, long-sleeve T-shirts, tank tops, etc.
    • Designs are NOT limited to one side and may include front, back and sleeve elements.
    • Designs must be original artwork. We will not accept any designs that feature :
    - Existing registered trademarks (i.e. John Deere, FORD, Superman logo, etc.)
    - Obvious plagiary or blatant redesign of existing non-trademarked design.
    - Vulgar or profane designs or content. This design will be representing the MAA and we will not allow something that is flat out offensive.

• Anyone can submit a design for the contest and multiple submissions are allowed.
    • Voting for the T-shirt design will be limited to Members of the Minnesota Airsoft Association™.
    • Voting will be run in the MAA Member’s Only Forum from May 5th to May 9th, 2008.
    • The winning T-shirt design selected for 2008 will become the property of the Minnesota Airsoft Association™. By submitting a design you agree to release your rights for that submission.
    • The creator of the winning design will receive a free T-shirt and bragging rights for the year. If more than one run of the design is made (IE: T-shirt and Tank Top), the creator will get one of each production.
    • In the event of a first place tie, voting will be extended for another 3 days with only the two choices available to be voted on. This process will continue until one shirt has been picked.
    • The MAA reserves the right to "clean up", alter, and otherwise modify the design should issues arise. This is a general disclaimer protecting the MAA from liability. Should an issue arise that would require the MAA to modify the winning design, a re-vote will occur.
    • All proceeds from T-shirt sales will go to the Minnesota Airsoft Association™.
We're hoping this year will be another success.

If you have any questions, comments, or need clarifications....please post them here.

Last year’s winning design!!!
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Blackcat
MAA Member

Re: 2008 MAA T-SHIRT CONTEST!!!

Post by Blackcat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:32 pm

I havent forgotten! I've just been busy. Are there any submissions?
FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:24 pm

I amaze myself with my own creativity.

Thats arial font, thank-you-very-much.
Last edited by Faust on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MajWinters636
MAA Member

Post by MajWinters636 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:34 pm

haha nice entry thats the winner!
BATC Graduate #103
Class 1007
MAA Member
T.O.C. Member

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:40 pm

I am going to try and through together something nice a lil bit later; I am swamped in HW right now.

I need to find a computer with photoshop... Paint just ain't doing it for me...

However, I do like the style of my first one; just like the ARMY or NAVY or AIR FORCE apparrel, just MAA instead. Nice and simple, and will prolly be really cheap as well.

MajWinters636
MAA Member

Post by MajWinters636 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:31 pm

ya i wouldnt mind something like that. Something simple...
BATC Graduate #103
Class 1007
MAA Member
T.O.C. Member

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:38 pm

My first wave of submissions. I have more ideas floating around, so we'll see if I have time for more. Suggestions/tips for improvement are welcomed.
I didnt put them on tshirt backgrounds, as I figured it would be up for debate regarding putting it on front or back, using multiple designs, so on.

FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

theonlyone
A Regular

Post by theonlyone » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:27 pm

Wow, I was gonna design something just to see if I could win... but after seeing yours Blackcat, I'm not going to lol. Props, I like em all.
Edit: as for a suggestion, on the last one, I would use two of the same guns i.e. double ak's or double M4's, but that's just my opinion
:mrgreen: proud KWA whore

DFSM
MAA Member

Post by DFSM » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Julian, I dig that third one.
TEAM LFN™: Hot stuff, coming through...

Keyser
MAA Member

Post by Keyser » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:14 am

I also really like the third one.
Morris Team (The sexy one.)

MAA Member 71

How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:55 am

I have extended the submission date to Monday the 5th as I will not be in town to collect them and figured another 2 days may bring in more designs.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:27 pm

This is really more of a patch design than a tshirt. I removed fancy effects and used a plain font.

Some of the effects of the previous images like the glow/shadow and alpha transparency probably won't show up well on a tshirt. So, although I like the designs, I may have to rework them for a tshirt design.

I have more ideas, if I have time I will play with some more stuff. I personally like the first and fourth in my first post.

As you can see, I am addicted to that font. Can you blame me? The font name is "Armalite Rifle". Kickass.

blackmay45
A Regular

Post by blackmay45 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Blackcat wrote:
I personally like the first and fourth in my first post.

As you can see, I am addicted to that font. Can you blame me? The font name is "Armalite Rifle". Kickass.
Even though I can't vote on it, I really do like that first one too. The guy in the writing is very subtle, yet very striking after you look at it for awhile.

I would say though, maybe focuse more on his upper body/head/shoulders/etc. because then he would be even more prominent and just seems like it would look better to me.

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Thu May 01, 2008 6:23 pm

How about this one. (Some of you will be confused & others will know the origin.)

MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

DFSM
MAA Member

Post by DFSM » Thu May 01, 2008 8:05 pm

That is awesome.
TEAM LFN™: Hot stuff, coming through...

trikx
Extremely Regular

Post by trikx » Thu May 01, 2008 8:47 pm

I am starting off with these two designs. I have about three more currently on the "drawing board" that I do not have time to complete tonight. When they are done I'll just edit this post to reflect it. Here are the first two:

MAA Patriot with slogan

MAA Patriot without slogan

MAA Shield with slogan

MAA Crest/Patch
The night is always darkest right before dawn.

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Tue May 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Well, I left this open an extra day....on top of my original extension....but the time has come to close it.

Trikx:
• All T-shirt designs must be submitted to the Minnesota Airsoft Association™ via E-Mail at info@mnairsoft.org.
I never received anything at that account so your designs are not being considered at this time.

Members, check the Member's Only section to vote.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Return to “MAA Official Business”