Board Upgrade: Image sizes

Public forum for all board visitors. Discuss MAA Business, Membership, Rules, Saftey Concerns, Q&A, FAQ's, etc.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Erik
MAA Member

Board Upgrade: Image sizes

Post by Erik » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:12 pm

Is there any way we could make more efficient use of the posting space, say move the avatar over a little bit (or better yet, put the avatar back on the left side)?

On the old board I could post 800 pixel wide images with no problems, but now the new board cuts them off.

If we can't fit the pictures into the frame, an auto-resize feature would be nice. Other forums I am on, if the pic won't fit it is resized and becomes a link to the full-size image.
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

Cotton
FoRt Team

Re: Board Upgrade: Image sizes

Post by Cotton » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Erik wrote:Is there any way we could make more efficient use of the posting space, say move the avatar over a little bit (or better yet, put the avatar back on the left side)?
Cotton
FORT Team
Oh, I think it (the "language") conveys my anger/disgust quite effectively. ~Tank

MCXL
Beyond Regular

Post by MCXL » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:30 am

Erik wrote:Other forums I am on, if the pic won't fit it is resized and becomes a link to the full-size image.

Yea, thats one feature I was hoping for.
THE SPHINX HAS SPOKEN...

siuss

Post by siuss » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:51 am

Wow am I really the only one who doesnt want the avatars to be thrown back to the left?

Gingerbreadman
MAA Member

Post by Gingerbreadman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:13 pm

Yes :P .
Gotta get back in the game.

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:39 pm

siuss wrote:Wow am I really the only one who doesnt want the avatars to be thrown back to the left?
I am neutral on the issue, but I do have a perspective of an advantage of having them on the right.

We read from left to right. With avatars on the right, in the current configuration, one is inclined to read what has been said before reading who said it. This creates a more open environment for ideas in my opinion, as the opinions of lesser known airsofters have a better chance at getting heard (that is of course, if they use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation).

I don't advocate right or left; either way in fine with me. I just noticed the above from my personal experience, and figured I'd share it.

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:28 am

I'm actually rather liking the avatars on the right look. I would certainly like an image auto-resize option though as Erik suggested.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

Erik
MAA Member

Post by Erik » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:31 pm

I can live with the right-side avatar if it were positioned a little more efficiently so it didn't cut off images when I post them.

On the old board you could post images that were 800 pixels wide.
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

Jonesy
MAA Member

Post by Jonesy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:40 pm

faust18069 wrote: We read from left to right. With avatars on the right, in the current configuration, one is inclined to read what has been said before reading who said it. This creates a more open environment for ideas in my opinion, as the opinions of lesser known airsofters have a better chance at getting heard......

I just threw up in my mouth.

Put them back on the left. Knowing who was saying what sometimes kept me from wasting precious seconds reading lame posts. (Such as the one quoted. Had the avatar been on the left I could have scanned over, skipped it, and avoided losing my lunch. :-D )
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears and suffering. Fuel me.

Delta Milsim Group
Tippmann Arms™ Sponsored ( but, like, totally not biased and stuff. )
Damage Control Airsoft & Paintball LLC.

Red Cell
MAA Member

Post by Red Cell » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:51 am

I am also of the thought that they are nice on the right. I am more inclined to look thru the posts and it also presents the post first in most people's minds. I would like to see the poster avi and info moved further to the right and given less space as to provide more of a text box.
Fatwater Group - Southern Chapter
Got fried okra?

性交は何をそれだったか。- Mayor of Hiroshima August 6, 1945

Return to “MAA Official Business”