Puxing Radios

Dealers, FS: For Sale, WTT: Want To Trade, WTB: Want To Buy, FST: For Sale or Trade.

READ SALES RULES BEFORE POSTING!!!

Posts that violate Sales Rules will be deleted with no notice.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Faust
MAA Member

Puxing Radios

Post by Faust » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:01 pm

What?
Many airsofters have bought and been using these radios. They are 4W UHF programmable commercial radios. Accessories are easy to find and readily available; the radio uses a Kenwood 2-pin style connector. They are a much cheaper alternative to the upper end commercial radios, such a Kenwoods, Motorolas, and Icoms.

Why?
Communication Range
Output power of standard consumer radios is .5W. Commercial radios radios transmit at 4W, which is 8 times the power of a consumer radio.

Private Channels
These radios are programmable; this means that private bands can be programmed in order to eliminate outside traffic on your team/units channel.

Programming
I will be programming all radios before distribution. You can program it yourself, off of any windows computer (other computers may work as well, all I know is that windows works).

If you would like the file in which I use to program my radios, and specific instructions for settings that must be programmed by hand, PM me.

Programming is why you buy from me. It really isn't that hard, but if you don't want to bother with getting a cable and installing the software and everything, that is what I am for.

Accessories
I am no longer stocking accessories. They don't need programmed; all it takes is knowing where to buy them and a paypal account or credit card.

Headset: http://www.ixcessory.com/Merchant/merch ... ode=XAM25R or search ebay for cheaper options
Headset earpiece: Google 'surefire earpro ep1', they are sold all over.
Speaker Microphone: Google or ebay search 'puxing speaker mic'.
Extra Batteries: Google or ebay search 'puxing px 777 battery 1600'. Make sure you check; they make both 1200mAh and 1600mAh, you will probably want larger capacity.

Pricing
$75 for radio
$85 for radio w/ shipping

Paypal to luke.faust@comcast.net as a personal gift.

Puxing PX-777 PLUS 400-470mHz UHF radio
-Includes: Radio, antenna, battery, charger, car charger, belt clip, manual, and 1 year warranty
Last edited by Faust on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dababyouncher

Re: Puxing Radios and Accessories

Post by dababyouncher » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Top link doesn't work in Firefox FYI
Si vis pacem para bellum

egus
MAA Member

Post by egus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:52 pm

It's not browser specific, those links are defunct. Corrected links are available in another post.

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 am

I have this jt headset/mic:
http://www.amazon.com/JT-Sportz-Comm-Kit/dp/B002L7EO0M

Can I use this with the radio? the plug matches, but when plugged in, the radio is unresponsive and all buttons just emit tones like a telephone. This headset has no button, and I won't use vox- is there a setting I need to adjust on the radio so this will work, and it will only transmit when I press the button on the radio itself?
FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

Dew Key (Dewk)
MAA Member

Post by Dew Key (Dewk) » Wed May 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Blackcat wrote:I have this jt headset/mic:
http://www.amazon.com/JT-Sportz-Comm-Kit/dp/B002L7EO0M

Can I use this with the radio? the plug matches, but when plugged in, the radio is unresponsive and all buttons just emit tones like a telephone. This headset has no button, and I won't use vox- is there a setting I need to adjust on the radio so this will work, and it will only transmit when I press the button on the radio itself?
I believe you need to buy a PTT button that plugs into the radio, then plug the headset into the PTT
MAA #95
Member of Team Vendetta
BA BA BLACK SHEEP
Delta Milsim Group Probationary Member
Warrior Level 1
BATC 10/11 Grad

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Wed May 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Blackcat,
1) Are you using a Puxing PX777 Plus you got from me?
2) Headsets that are wired to default to VOX will not work, period. You would think that you would be able to control the VOX function from the radio, and just use the PTT on the radio, but in my experience that is not the case.

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Wed May 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Faust Re #1 -> Yes

Would adding a PTT button to this circuit work? Where can I get a simple, cheap PTT? ...and prior to Saturday maybe?

Otherwise, can I plug in just 1 cable to the radio to receive communications through the headphones? I can just use the radio itself like a speaker mic. Will the radio respond this way if i only plug in the 3.5mm jack? Maybe I can test this myself tonight.

I sure hoped there was just some setting on the radio to disable VOX.

Anybody know why the radio responds with telephone-tones when my headset is plugged in? If there was a switch in the chain of the mic 2.5mm jack, are we thinking it would act differently? Is this something as simple as installing any type of electrical switch in the 2.5mm line?

Thanks
FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Thu May 03, 2012 9:55 am

I tested 1 plug in the puxing, and the radio would function but would NOT send any audio to the headset.

However, when I plugged in 1 plug (the small one) into a crappy standard FRS radio, the audio worked. I had to speak into the radio as opposed to the mic, though.

I guess I am stuck using a crappy FRS instead of the puxing until I find a proper cable or adapter. I really want to use this particular headset as it integrates into a JT mask that I just purchased.

With that said - I'm still curious if there is an adapter or if adding a switch will solve my issue. Does anyone have a PTT switch I could test?

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Above post updated. I am no longer stocking accessories after I sell out of my current stock.

Also, for a limited time, I have custom made Puxing Radio Pouches available. They are made out of kydex, and attach to MOLLE or any other gear using included shock cord. $20 each, paypal to luke.faust@comcast.net as a personal gift.

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Sat May 19, 2012 10:21 pm

These radio pouches are really nice, suggested for anyone using a puxing. Low profile, protects the screen and other parts from BB hits, and holds the radio very snug.
MAA Membership Officer
I was born to be a pessimist... my blood type is "B-Negative"
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm

J-Muss wrote:These radio pouches are really nice, suggested for anyone using a puxing. Low profile, protects the screen and other parts from BB hits, and holds the radio very snug.
And even more importantly, protects any buttons from being pressed accidentally.

Thanks for the props bro.

Master TCAA
MAA Member

Post by Master TCAA » Sun May 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Bring one of those molle pouches to Breedland.
I'll pay u cash.
Thanks,
TCAA!
When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
BATC grad 10-11
MAA Member #94
Team: Wolverines

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Roger.

CLEDUS
Extremely Regular

Post by CLEDUS » Tue May 22, 2012 11:22 pm

I'm strongly considering this radio and headset setup. Just don't know that much about them. Do you have any links to the literature on them? I would like to make sure that I could use it for my Fire Dept too.

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Wed May 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Google it. There isn't much great stuff out there. What frequencies does your dept use? Thats all that you need to know really.

CLEDUS
Extremely Regular

Post by CLEDUS » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Faust wrote:Google it. There isn't much great stuff out there. What frequencies does your dept use? Thats all that you need to know really.
Alright, I found them on google and this particular model wouldn't work for me. Do you get special pricing on all Puxing radios or just this model?

I would like a: Puxing PX-888K Dual Band Radio 136-174 400-480Mhz.

Any Idea on a price or availability?

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:19 am

I don't deal with any other models. Sorry. I can't tell you anything about them.

CLEDUS
Extremely Regular

Post by CLEDUS » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:47 pm

No problem. Thanks anyway!

Faust
MAA Member

Re: Puxing Radios

Post by Faust » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 pm

After a short break, I am back.

I have another shipment on the way, and from here on out will have radios on hand again.

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:35 am

Back in stock.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:01 am

I am currently experimenting with a couple different setups for the puxing's.

My main focus is on trying to find a suitable way to remote the antenna, so that the radio can be mounted on the front of the body so it is accessible to have channels changed or volume adjusted, while having the antenna mounted higher up on the back so that it 1. is out of the way and 2. is able to get clearer reception because it is not covered by your body, especially when hunkered down.

I'm also working with trying a couple different actual antenna's
I currently have the original, a slightly shorter, thicker and tougher one that is puxing branded, and plan on getting a longer whip antenna which should help improve the Tx/Rx reception even more with the high power output of these radios.

Will let you guys know how it turns out
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

CLEDUS
Extremely Regular

Post by CLEDUS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:21 pm

It shocks me that you have range issues with this radio. I use a puxing PX-888k (dual band) as my primary radio for my fire gear. I use an acoustic ear piece and ptt lapel mic. Signal is great a mile or more away at times. I don't know why you would need to remote the antenna.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:28 pm

CLEDUS wrote:It shocks me that you have range issues with this radio. I use a puxing PX-888k (dual band) as my primary radio for my fire gear. I use an acoustic ear piece and ptt lapel mic. Signal is great a mile or more away at times. I don't know why you would need to remote the antenna.
98% of the time I don't. I won't take up tons of space explaining the very rare circumstances surrounding the loss of reception, but its more so the fact that I want the darned antenna out of my way on the front of my vest. that's the bigger half of this equation.

Miker
MAA Member

Post by Miker » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Archer wrote:
CLEDUS wrote:It shocks me that you have range issues with this radio. I use a puxing PX-888k (dual band) as my primary radio for my fire gear. I use an acoustic ear piece and ptt lapel mic. Signal is great a mile or more away at times. I don't know why you would need to remote the antenna.
98% of the time I don't. I won't take up tons of space explaining the very rare circumstances surrounding the loss of reception, but its more so the fact that I want the darned antenna out of my way on the front of my vest. that's the bigger half of this equation.

Yeah, it is a pain in the ass. I am very interested in any progress you make with this.

CLEDUS
Extremely Regular

Post by CLEDUS » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Archer wrote:98% of the time I don't. I won't take up tons of space explaining the very rare circumstances surrounding the loss of reception, but its more so the fact that I want the darned antenna out of my way on the front of my vest. that's the bigger half of this equation.
That makes some sense. They do make extension antenna cables for these radios too. I'll try to find the part # and post a link. I know I have seen them.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 pm

The TCI MAST kit came in and is all set up. Very very easy to set up (other then threading those darned MALICE clips, which are a major PITA), just run the cable through your vest from your radio to where you have the antenna mount placed and then connect the antenna to one end and the cable to the antenna plug on the radio. I haven't yet tested the system for any issues in Tx/Rx other then sending "paging" sounds, which seemed to work just fine, so for right now, I'm willing to say that this piece of kit is totally fine for the Puxing radios that Faust has been selling.

If you would like to order one from TCI, make sure that you select the "VERSION 4 - KENWOOD NX200, etc.." cable version as this is the one that is compatible with the puxing SMA style connectors. For cable length you are given a choice between a 24 inch or a 42 inch cable. easiest way to select a cable length is to cut a 24" piece of string and attempt to run it through your rig from your radio to where you want to mount the antenna. if it is too short, then get the 42 inch cable.

you can also choose from coyote tan, foliage green or black for the MAST mount piece. Comes with a MALICE clip so that you don't have to buy one separately to mount it.

I will edit this post with any additional information that I come up with on it.

CLEDUS
Extremely Regular

Post by CLEDUS » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm very interested in seeing final pics when you can. I have been looking around too since reading this post and haven't been able to find the right gendered extension cable for my Puxing PX888k. Please.....

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 pm

This is still active.

Red Cell
MAA Member

Post by Red Cell » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:46 am

One thing I would like to add to this is that if you are programming your own radio with any of these (dual band included) there are frequency areas that you need to avoid.

Specifically:

144.000 - 148.000 MHz
and
420.000 - 450.000 MHz

These are allotted for amateur radio licensed operators.
Fatwater Group - Southern Chapter
Got fried okra?

性交は何をそれだったか。- Mayor of Hiroshima August 6, 1945

Animal
Somewhat Regular

Post by Animal » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:22 pm

I was wondering if I would need a license for this? Also, would I be able to communicate with the majority of radios that people use on the airsoft field?

Thanks.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Technically, to broadcast on anything other than FRS frequencies (which these can be programmed to do) at anything more than 1 watt, yes you need a license. Do most people? no. why? because unless you're doing something really really really really stupid with these (like interfering with a business or government service's radio communications or some other hijinks) then there really isn't anyone looking into/monitoring them all that closely.

The ones that faust sells comes pre-programmed with all the FRS/GMRS channels (1-22) and then other common UHF "business band" channels. These will work with anyone that has another radio programmed by faust or anyone that has those standard channels programmed into or can program them into their radios. The FRS/GMRS channels will also work with "almost" all standard walkie-talkies that you can get from most stores.

The Puxing's also have a program mode so that they can be programmed without a computer, but I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS, unless you are very experienced with radio communication devices because it has the ability to really screw up your radio. Once faust programs them, they should be good to go for 99.9999% of people's uses.

I have one, and it works great. would totally recommend getting one if you're looking for a good radio for the price.

Animal
Somewhat Regular

Post by Animal » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Good info Faust. Thank you. I think about getting one.

Animal
Somewhat Regular

Post by Animal » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:34 pm

First, not faust.

second, No and No

the first one is not nearly the radio that these are, less power, less channels, no screen, smaller battery, etc.

the second one is VHF, so it won't work with hardly anything anyone else has.

Seriously, just get in touch with Faust, he can get you as good a price as you'll find on Ebay for anything that's stateside and pre-programmed. from what I can tell you're not that familiar with the details of comms so that would be the safest route. Take my advice on this, I know what I'm talking about.

Animal
Somewhat Regular

Post by Animal » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 am

Oh sorry Archer :oops:

Thanks for the info.

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:56 am

Need a Puxing Radio? I have 4 of them for sale.
-They are fully programmed with FRS/GMRS/Private Channels
-They are used and outside their warranty period. I will however, guarantee their proper function for 90 days from the sale date.
-The buttons have been shaved down to avoid accidental pressing.
-They include an extended 1600mah battery instead of the standard 1200mah.
-They will include a belt clip and charger.
-There are also kydex radio holders available for them, which easily attach to molle using shock cord or paracord. +$15 for each.

R1 - No issues.
R2 - Missing menu button.
R3 - No issues.
R4 - Belt clip no longer fits on battery.

$40 Pickup (Minnesota) / $50 shipped

Paypal: Faust9057@gmail.com
VenMo: Faust9057

Contact me through email at Faust9057@gmail.com for quickest response.

Return to “Sales - Airsoft Items ONLY”