Bad Sellers and Bad Selling Experience

Dealers, FS: For Sale, WTT: Want To Trade, WTB: Want To Buy, FST: For Sale or Trade.

READ SALES RULES BEFORE POSTING!!!

Posts that violate Sales Rules will be deleted with no notice.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Bad Sellers and Bad Selling Experience

Post by Wolfwood » Mon May 19, 2008 2:17 pm

With Airsoft being such a niche sport, a lot of people turn to the forums for sales. While we encourage people to take advantage of the community, everyone has to realize that they will sometimes deal with people who are unable or unwilling to complete their side of the deal. In these cases, sometimes refunds are offered, sometimes other deals are made instead, and sometimes one party gets left out to dry. We feel it would be a service to the community to allow users to bring their complaints to the community in general, so as to warn others and get help in finding solutions. This thread is informational only. The MAA does not and will not moderate between parties nor take any responsibility for anything offered for sale on these forums.

If you have a complaint or an issue, please PM one of the sales moderators, or an MAA Admin, with details of your complaint, including steps you have taken to rectify this. We will decide what is a valid complaint and what is not. We will also give the accused a chance to PM the moderator if they wish to add information or request something be taken down. However, MAA will not involve themselves beyond that. Again, I will repeat: This thread is informational only. The MAA does not and will not moderate between parties nor take any responsibility for anything offered for sale on these forums.

Examples of what you can send:

I sent personA $200 for an AEG 3 months ago, and they will not return any emails. I have PM'd and emailed them several times on these dates: ....... and they have not responded. I will file a police report on the 15th, and I want to post it here before I do.

I bought a AEG from PersonB, but the brand and make was not what they said it was. Also, the mechbox was missing pieces that were not disclosed. I contacted the person to return the gun or get some of my money back, but they said they wouldn't.

Examples of what we DO NOT want to see.

At an open game, PersonA totally said he'd buy my AEG, but now he won't. Please make him buy it or ban him.

I bought an AEG from PersonB but 3 months later it broke after I used it in only 5 games! I want my money back!

PersonC and I traded guns, but his doesn't have the FPS he claimed. I don't want to trade back, but I think he should give me money.

PersonD sent me an AEG, but it came broken. He gave me a refund and I sent the gun back, but tell people not to buy from him!

See the difference? If someone is ripping you off, thats a complaint. If problems outside the sellers control occur, or if a refund was given and reasonable steps were taken, it is not a complaint. Please be respectful, and any hateful or inappropriate comments will be dealt with. Just because you were ripped off doesn't mean you have the right to threaten violence or break board rules.

This Thread is locked and will only be posted on by Moderators and Admins. Contact an Admin or a Sales Moderator if you wish to add a post here.

Feel free to contact myself or any sales moderator if you have any questions
Doc Holliday: My hypocrisy goes only so far.
Somewhere out there is 6mm of plastic with your name on it.
A strong arguement attacks the merits of a point. A weak arguement attacks the person who established the point.

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Re: Bad Sellers and Bad Selling Experience

Post by Wolfwood » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22588
trneavin wrote: I would advise you all to not buy from Fatal Miztake. I wouldn't have posted this but he wont respond to any PM's about the gun. First, The gun (a CA AUG) was advertised at shooting 320 FPS. It shoots 100 at best, or the bb's just dribble out the barrel. Prior to purchase he assured me it was internally sound. Finally the gun is glued together so I can't even repair it. All I want is to have it repaired. Until I have further response from Fatal Miztake,
Fatal Miztake HAS TRIED TO CONTACT TRNEAVIN TO GET MORE INFORMATION AND TRY AND RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. TRNEAVIN HAS NOT RESPONDED IN MONTHS
A strong arguement attacks the merits of a point. A weak arguement attacks the person who established the point.

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Issue Resolved, Dave cleared it up to the satisfaction of Marsden

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:47 pm

trogdor796 wrote:the best thing to do would be to buy a new one and say it doesn't work and send this one back in it's place but no one seems to have it in stock.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23365

Trogdor feels it is ethical to lie about a broken item to a seller or reseller in order to get a new one. Deal at your own risk.

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:38 pm

Chadwick wrote:I want to inform of bad selling experiences with fatal Miztake.

he refuses to pay for the second half of the gun he bought from me a while back. He does not respond to the pms, but I can tell that they have been opened beacuse they are in my sent box, not my outbox. He promised to send most of the money one day, and the other part a few days later when his pay check arived. He used several excuses to worm his way out a few times.
SINCE THIS COMPLAINT CAME IN FATAL MIZTAKE HAS RESOLVED THIS ISSUE TO THE SATISFACTION OF ALL PARTIES

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:26 am

tacticalninja32 made one post, got a stock sent to him, then disappeared.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25103

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:37 pm

swat wrote:I bought some gear and crap from LTC Lipinksi (also possibly known as minisquatch) back in September and still have not received it. After cashing my $110 check, I got nothing but claims of "post office and UPS problems." He kept trying to convince me my address doesn't exist. He repeatedly failed deadlines to drive it to a number of locations and refused to offer a refund. This morning I had to drive an hour and half up to Stillwater after instructing him to have the stuff ready only to find an empty house and no box.

If you feel like tracking down a 16 year old punk's parents (or older sister, in this case, who told me Michael is just "one of those kids") over a course of several months just to complete a transaction, then by all means deal with this clown.

His sister told me he never made any attempt to ship anything, ever, which apart from being no surprise at this point, makes this dude a complete liar. Not to mention a thief.

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:57 pm

Erik
MAA Member

Post by Erik » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:48 am

Kwahk Man:

A complaint was levied by a board member that Kwahk Man claimed to ship a gun which never arrived. A refund was made after several efforts and then the gun that he claimed was lost in shipment turned up for sale on this board.

Investigation showed similar complaints against Kwahk Man on the Midwest Airsoft Group and Illinios Airsoft boards. These complaints are consistent with the complaint received here. Based on the preponderance of evidence, Kwahk Man has been banned for questionable sales practices.

http://www.illinoisairsoft.com/index.ph ... #msg144137

http://www.illinoisairsoft.com/index.php?topic=9812.15
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

genorion
Web Admin

Post by genorion » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 am