What's your Vietnam Persona?

Forum for those interested in accurate Vietnam impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Erik
MAA Member

What's your Vietnam Persona?

Post by Erik » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:51 am

An important part of re-enacting is creating your Persona, that is, the character you are re-enacting as. With a well-developed persona, you can build your uniform and kit based on a specific history.

Depending upon your reenactment scenario, this may be a real individual, or a fictional one who could have lived during your time period of interest. Think about who you are in real-life -- or the person you secretly want to be -- and translate that to an individual who lived during your time period of interest. Once you've chosen a time period and character, you need to learn everything you can - from the way they dressed and ate, to their manner of speech, cultural beliefs, and social interactions. Immerse yourself in the time period by reading books and primary source documents related to the area, and the type of person you've chosen to portray.

What's your persona?
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

acekill123
Almost A Regular

Re: What's your Vietnam Persona?

Post by acekill123 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:01 am

Im making a m60 loadout, they guy im thinking of didnt have a loadout im trying to incorporate his attitude into a loadout. Its the guy from full metal jacket on the m60 in the helicopter saying "get some". But trying to relate an attitude into a loadout is slightly difficult.
Member of Team Anarchy Airsoft
Mk.12

AMR
Fairly Regular

Post by AMR » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:33 am

Never really though much about one. I just went for basic and for what I could find at good prices and it has turned out good IMO. but it is definitely something I will have to put some thought into now :?
A.L.I.C.E. may not be the prom queen any more, but she is still one hot milf

Daytonairsofter

Post by Daytonairsofter » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:30 pm

If I had to have a persona, I'd probably be the funny guy, someone who could make the other guys laugh, seeing as thats already my roll in airsoft! but I figure I'd use an M60 since i currently use a MK43, and making the slight step up to the 60 wouldnt be too hard weight wise.

-chubbs

Return to “Vietnam Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”