Surplus Stores in the metro area?

Forum for those interested in accurate WWII impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

mlinpwns

Surplus Stores in the metro area?

Post by mlinpwns » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Hello, I have recently started reenacting WW2 and was wondering if anyone knew of any good surplus stores in the metro area?
i'm talking about places like CC and the Battlefield Store. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

P.S. please do not recommend any online vendors (shipping prices are ridiculous!)

AMR
Fairly Regular

Re: Surplus Stores in the metro area?

Post by AMR » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:18 am

WWII equipment in surplus stores is rare it is all mainly post Vietnam equipment. Your best bet may be eBay. But Element Arms in Becker has a surplus section again mostly post Vietnam and some foreign. may have some WWII only been there once. every once in awhile I come across Thomson mag pouches at CC's in Brooklyn Park but these are 20 round pouches. Don't even know if they are actual WWII may be cheap repose. I know there is one in Minneapolis think it was American Army & Navy Surplus but it isn't worth the trip they had a use PASGT helmet for around $400 and not much else in terms of surplus equipment.
A.L.I.C.E. may not be the prom queen any more, but she is still one hot milf

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

Post by Shady-Cadence » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Sorry to break this to you, but WWII items are no longer considered "surplus", you're talking about a conflict that ended 67 years ago. Those items are now "collectible memorabilia", and will carry a price tag that will reflect this. You really don't want to know how much I have invested in my German kit, and most of it is reproduction. Original items come at a price, and they're NEVER anywhere close to you, so shipping is inevitable.

Welcome to an expensive hobby. Take your time, don't buy hastily. :D
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:25 pm

what are you looking for? Need a helmet, look @ my sales thread. If we had a better idea what you need I could better help you out
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

Moose
A Regular

Post by Moose » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:55 am

Sportsman's Guide on Hadley Ave in South St. Paul, has both an on-line and brick and mortar sales. They carry surplus from many nations and time periods. It is wise to periodically check their offerings as the good stuff sells out quickly.
Depending on your unit's authenticity requirements sometimes post war or alternate nationality equipment might be closely modeled after WWll issue.
Depending on your luck estate sales might offer a few bargains for actual WWll equipment as the last of the vets who were there are passing on or moving into care centers and the kids may not see the value in Dads old uniform or footlocker full of brought back war souveniers.
Midwest 0stfront offers an opportunity for those still collecting their impression to fight on either side as partisans until their uniform or gear are squared away
There is also several WWll discussion forums, including MOA's where equipment may be purchased in their sales thread from individuals either up grading or changing their impressions.
As mentioned earlier actual WWll equipment is a collectable and unless you are lucky costly. Howver virtually every piece of kit is being reproduced in either museum or discount quality and available on-line or Ebay.
As much fun as airsofting is fighting recreating living history has both the realism of the actual armies who fought and a tribute to the sacrifices of the men and their "band of brothers" on either side.
With respect,
moose
There is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes.

Return to “WWII Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”