MG42

Forum for those interested in accurate WWII impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

collin
Somewhat Regular

MG42

Post by collin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:43 pm

So me and my friend have been discussing this of late. We are deciding whether or not to build an MG42. I was wondering if any of you had MG's and if you like using them. I have read many WW2 forums, and have seen that many would prefer to see more bolt actions than fully automatic weapons. So would you guys be ok with having another MG out there, or should I start on my Kar98k project?
Its not bragging if you can do it.
Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They were wrong.
If you see me, thats because I want you to. If you hear me, thats because you got lucky. If I shoot you, well thats just normal.

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

Re: MG42

Post by Shady-Cadence » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:15 am

Any period weapon, or decent representation thereof, would be happily welcomed onto the field. We have begun to field support MG's with a two-man crew, both men must be present for the MG to move, but either man can shoot it. At our last event in Big Lake, this combined with high FPS bolt-actions created an incredibly formidable force. You and your buddy should get your impressions and personal weapons first(k98,MP40,Stg44,luger or walther pistol-I'm presuming German here), then build the MG and field it as a crew. You'll be an instant hit! :wink:
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

collin
Somewhat Regular

Post by collin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Ok, cool. I already have an MP40 and I will have an STG44 very soon (probably in 3-4 weeks). I will not be getting my German uniform for a while, so excpect to see me in a partisan outfit. I have another question. How many people are on the German side during these games? Because I dont want to create an imbalance of people (especially if there already is an imbalance). I was also wondering if there were any Russian soldiers out there. Because if there are then I will be forming a uniform and playing on there side as well.
Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They were wrong.
If you see me, thats because I want you to. If you hear me, thats because you got lucky. If I shoot you, well thats just normal.

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

Post by Shady-Cadence » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:40 am

German numbers vary from event to event, we typically use partisans to balance out sides. Russians are our primary opponents. Check out the ostfront link in my signature.
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

collin
Somewhat Regular

Post by collin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Sweet, because German is going to be my primary and Russian is going to be my secondary. My friend, however wants to be an American. Are there enough Americans to form an opposing force? From what I have read it appears there are some Americans, but a lot of Germans and Russians. Do you guys still play games that involve the Western Front. Also have you guys ever thought about having a game that takes place in the Pacific Theater?

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm with your friend somewhat. I would have american as first choice then german. But like you I heard there isn't many americans so I will probably switch that around.

GU3pzg

Post by GU3pzg » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:03 pm

A little late to the party here... Sorry

I'm the Commanding NCO for the 3rd Panzergrenadiers, right now the Soviets are growing faster than the Germans. While our events are Eastern Front themed, some of them are open to all WWII Military Impressions. It is important to note that the events at Big Lake in 2010 will be exclusively eastern front (if you show up with an American uniform, you will not be fighting). We will consider holding a western front event when there is an organized US or British unit to fight against. That said, we heartily welcome partisans to the fight.

Please PM myself or Shady Cadence if you have any questions about upcoming WWII events in the upper midwest.
Garrick Udet
Unteroffizier - Gruppe West
3rd Panzergrenadier Division
Last seen standing over the smoking wreck of a BA-64

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Kinda off topic, but wasn't there a detachment of US Army Infantry near the White Sea at the end of WWII. And they were stuck there until 1946?
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Return to “WWII Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”