What's a good website.

Forum for those interested in accurate WWII impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

master7000
Almost A Regular

What's a good website.

Post by master7000 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:59 am

What's a good website to buy both american and german. But mostly american. And what's the best thompson?

Erik
MAA Member

Re: What's a good website.

Post by Erik » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:10 pm

I am sure in terms of overall quality the Marui Thompson is the best. However, if you want a Thompson you can pick up the CYMA for around $100, and it's a great gun too. I bought mine used from MarineFan (check his post in Sales) and I'm very happy with it.
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Any websites to buy gear? And also my friend has a really nice one he got from ebay for 86 bucks. Works perfectly.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Working perfectly is a very "relative" term.

There is no one site for everything airsoft...you have to shop around.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Like where? Cause I've been to many surplus store's and found nothing. Really other than a real WW2 helmet but it's 500 $ so I'm not gonna buy that!!

Mr.MG42
Extremely Regular

Post by Mr.MG42 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:22 pm

master7000 wrote:Like where? Cause I've been to many surplus store's and found nothing. Really other than a real WW2 helmet but it's 500 $ so I'm not gonna buy that!!
Hessen Antique has the gear, I got my field blouse(M43) on ebay, and the helmet by searching the web(google)

IMA-USA
ect...
"During WW2, the French resistance fighters, in their finest hour, bravely threw sticks of dynamite at the advancing German troops. The Germans then lit them and threw them back.

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

Post by Shady-Cadence » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:38 pm

Here's a couple of vendors of gear, both German and American;
http://www.atthefront.com/
http://www.lostbattalions.com/
There are also several vendors on e-bay, such as Spearhead and Ant-Z. Use their search function.

Here's a forum specifically for WW2 Airsoft; (registration is required) Much more specific information is available there.
http://ww2aa.proboards.com/index.cgi?
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks shady! I just need the money. I may be getting and mp40 in Jan. though so that would start my german side.

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:29 am

Sp. you are getting into WWII re-enacting/airsoft
Here is what you will want to do...

1) Pick a unit. Be specific. say you liked Band of brothers? why not pick the 101st? Weigh 200lbs and are 5'11, then Don't do 101st. perhaps then infantry should be your thing. Put in your time doing research. Are you doing a late, mid or early war impression? look at the pictures of the unit in the time frame you want to impressionate. Are they wearing M41 field jackets and trousers or are they wearing M43 gear? what type of web gear and suspenders are they wearing? what types of E-tools are they carrying? Are they wearing typeII service shoes with leggings or double buckles?
2) Buy the gear. check places like e-bay and atthefront.com for re-pop stuff. Don't forget to check out my favorite site, http://www.alliedworkshops.com Its run by a cool local guy who goes through every effort to make sure everything is period correct. You don't have to buy all at once. Pick up pieces here and there when you see it at a good price. don't ckimp out and buy something that looks "similar" as you will just end up replacing it down the line for a re-pop or original.
3) check out www.ww2airsoft.com, register for their forums and start reading. Its loaded with reviews and more.
4) DONT be a FARB
this is where number 1 comes into play. do your research before buying ANYTHING. things are more complicated than they may seem... Is that a korean or WWII liner? is the seam on the front of that M1 helmet or on the back. ( front seams are WWII) Don't be an american carrying an MP40 or a sturmgewher, get a thompson, garand or other allied weapon, unless you are portraying red army or a unit in a last ditch scenario such as the Bulge.
5) once you have compleeted your first impression, begin your second. WWII impressions are expensive. would you rather end up with a half an american and a quarter or a german impression or one well done american or german one.

I hope this help you and does not discourage you from getting into WWII airsoft.
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:30 am

Where can I buy a airsoft garand? And I probably will go with the 101st.

Ballistic09
Extremely Regular

Post by Ballistic09 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:50 pm

master7000 wrote:Where can I buy a airsoft garand? And I probably will go with the 101st.
Seriously, google is your friend: Click :roll:

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:26 am

master7000 wrote:Where can I buy a airsoft garand? And I probably will go with the 101st.
figures... Every one wants to go 101st... a word of the wise- paratrooper gear is far more expensive than a line infantry mans gear. If you are on a budget skip the airborne and go infantry. The 101st is way over done anyways.
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:08 am

Aight I'll go infantry.

unionman
Almost A Regular

Post by unionman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Also keep in mind that the core of midwestern airsofters are currently pursuing German Heer (army) and Soviet Rifle impressions. To date no organized/viable American airsoft force has taken shape. In the MOA we're also considering locking down one or two events a year to be east front only...whereas to date we've allowed any ww2 impression at events.

I'd like to see a viable American unit form, but would hope it would be a leg infantry outfit and not another "Band of Brothers" group.
http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

Unteroffizier Udo Schaaf, Gruppe West, 3 Panzergrenadier Division
Mpls, MN

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

Post by Shady-Cadence » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:50 pm

As far as a Garand AEG goes...the only ones available are custom built from M-14's. To date, the only manufacturer of a Garand is the Marushin. Gas blowback, finnicky, prone to breaking. Beyond that, they're great replicas.
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

Rekkon
MAA Member

Post by Rekkon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:38 pm

As much as I would prefer to see more rifles on the field, one really cannot beat the CYMA Thompson for a US starter weapon. Although we use plenty of BAR-10s for stand in weapons.
MAA Member #92

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:43 pm

After looking around I'm probably gonna go with CYMA thompson. Unless they switch it to no american's then i'll either get a Kar 98k or a MP40

Mr.MG42
Extremely Regular

Post by Mr.MG42 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:29 pm

master7000 wrote:After looking around I'm probably gonna go with CYMA thompson. Unless they switch it to no american's then i'll either get a Kar 98k or a MP40
The Kar98K DBOY?
I've heard that's not the best skirmish gun..better for wall hanging.
Or the tanaka kar98 which is 500 dollars i believe.
The AGM MP40/44 is awesome!
"During WW2, the French resistance fighters, in their finest hour, bravely threw sticks of dynamite at the advancing German troops. The Germans then lit them and threw them back.

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:40 pm

what about that other MP40 I was talking about before. Schmessier or something.

Mr.MG42
Extremely Regular

Post by Mr.MG42 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 am

master7000 wrote:what about that other MP40 I was talking about before. Schmessier or something.
AGM MP40
Google it.
I think thats what your asking for. :shock:
I have it, its a very good gun, just get more mags for it.

master7000
Almost A Regular

Post by master7000 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:03 am

Okay.

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:08 pm

I can't stress enough to do your homework BEFORE buying your gear, unless you like to spend more money than you have to in the long run.

Return to “WWII Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”