Electric Garand

Forum for those interested in accurate WWII impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Electric Garand

Post by fadedcorona » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:19 pm

Ok so basically i am sad because I can't think of a way to fit a wood Garand stock on an AEG M14. The biggest problem is the fact that the wood for surplus stocks is brittle though tough but can split allong the grain easily when trying to hollow out. The wood is hard and difficult to drill trough with a 1" drill or any of that stiff too. Any ideas? Though i am glad because i have the front gas tube stuff done so far though!

long story short, when I am finished though there won't be any brass barrel sticking out the front, ha ha. but i'd say it doesn't look too bad, I just need the barrel and gas tube to match allong with finishing the front hand guard. Anyways, I am open to ideas though might have to just use a plastic "wood" M14 stock. That leads me to my other question, is a GnG M14 compatible with a Tm or TM clone stock? Thanks!
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim."

"Stand Still! How can I shoot you if you keep moving!"

"My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"

MajWinters636
MAA Member

Re: Electric Garand

Post by MajWinters636 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:44 pm

without modification g&g are not compatible with tm
BATC Graduate #103
Class 1007
MAA Member
T.O.C. Member

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:05 pm

.... how much modification?
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim."

"Stand Still! How can I shoot you if you keep moving!"

"My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"

MajWinters636
MAA Member

Post by MajWinters636 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:02 pm

honestly i dont know i think i saw somewhere where someone madded a g&g wood body to fit a TM...
BATC Graduate #103
Class 1007
MAA Member
T.O.C. Member

Return to “WWII Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”