garand

Forum for those interested in accurate WWII impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

siuss

garand

Post by siuss » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:50 pm

I've recently seen a tanaka GBB garand and was shocked at the price but I really want one so i was wondering if theres any others and if there are do any come as AEGs?

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:48 am

marushin?? Im almost positive there is no tanaka
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:10 am

you can get kits for the M14 but they suck. I've been looking at how possible it is to take an m14 and take real garand parts from ebay and put them together to make a gun, it's do-able and will cost alout though. also the bb feeding will be odd..... anyways. Marushin is the only one I knoe of other than Smokeys but that's even more. talk to red leader. he has one!!
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim."

"Stand Still! How can I shoot you if you keep moving!"

"My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 am

Actualy, I have heard nothing But good from the WW2airsoft.com people about the conversion for the m14
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

siuss

Post by siuss » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:58 am

Okay so its marushin and other than that the only option is to go M-14 conversion kit?

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:58 pm

yes, the smokey M1 isnt very good. and its like 1 grand

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:55 pm

yeah, the marushin is a acceptible garand. its realistic, its gbb, its 8mm.
the smokes is just a overpriced hunk of crap. and if ur into a full auto, bb flingin garand, buy a tm m14, then contact a person on the ww2aa forum for a custom conversion kit.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

siuss

Post by siuss » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:51 am

Does it have to be a marui because that and a conversion kit woul really break the bank.

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:23 am

No it doesn't with the chinese knockoffs. The guy that Red Leader's talking about does a pretty good job.

http://ww2aa.proboards45.com/index.cgi? ... 1136319170

" I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Elliot
"What does not kill me REALLY HURTS!"

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:12 am

... I don't mean to necro-post.... but first of all, those garands are awesome. I wonder what the botton of the reciever looks like though. That's why I don't like the conversion kits, because they still have a removable box mag hanging down from the bottom... or some sort of shortened magazine.

2nd of all, though I bet chadwick is the only one who cares, I am excited, Red's old Garand now has not yet jammed on me(on the rechambering cycle or at all with 134a), nothing is loose and I have turned the sling into a bandolier, ha ha ha. So now clipped onto the sling I have 8 clips... though it would not work with the real steel and loaded clips. .anywho. I have discovered that I can tie fishing line to the clips and then attach the other end to the trigger gaurd withought effecting the performance of the gun. Also, If the clips are attached to the sling(in almost it's tightest position) should I teather them? so then they don't go flying? would you guys think this a good idea or bad one? I'd try it but I ran out of 134a in 2.3days. The garand shoots.... shot every bit of that with no problems but I did notice it is a gas hog. :( though that leads my into my next question, how much stronger is C02 than greengas. I have a 9oz. tank and can buy palmers reg, But I do wonder how well it would work with straight up C02. I don't want o buy a reg but if I have to I will... and I am prety sure I'll have to. Green gas is at 70psi? or what was it at... and what is 134a at? I've shot about 60 shots with green.... but only about 40 of those have recoiled. ha ha. I think with green gas there's so much pressure on the valves that it won't hit the seccond one hard enough to recoil and it just dumps all the gas into one shot.... though it does shoot trough 3 cans in a row, clean if their's weight on top holding them down... I have yet to try 4 cans. But anyways, would you guys suggest going the way of the 9oz and reg if I want to use c02? maybe not just because of the risk of breaking the bolt but just because it will be too high of a pressure and the bolt won't even get a chance to recoil because no air would fill the recoiling piston?

Do you think it'd get too crowded down there if all 8 of the clips were teathered and I was using a remote line? ... though if I get it working I'd still want to try it in a game.... a semiauto only game or something though. ha ha because with only 64shots I'd better have my 226 or something.
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim."

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:23 am

Faded-
At room temp. green gas is about 110 psi, 134a is about 80 psi, and CO2 is about 850 psi.
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:17 pm

ha ha. thanks.... I knew to not go past 120psi tops if you want to not break anytihng classic and if it's stock. ... so you're saying that if I used an external line with regulated c02 at about 90psi it should work like cutting butter with a hot knife? excelent.... now I just need to get the air into that somehow.... does anyone know of what I could use? There's that KWC mag adapter and I've also seen a ... brasslooking fitting that screws into a gas fill valve threadding and on the other end you attach a hose... does anyone know what that's called or where I can get them? There is another way I have noticed but ir requires dremmeling the stock, near the front of the gun... if any of you know the Marushin M1 very well... anyways there's a cylinder with a plug screwed in and it connects dirrectly to the main gas chamber and the threadding for the plug is the same as... I don't know what it's called either ... hmm.. but It's the same threadding as the connector you pop macro line into. and it would fit but I'd need to dremmel out the stock because there's no space for it since the plug is flush witht eh tube, and then I'd have to put a hole near the front of the gun and the hose would be comming out there rather than from the reciever's flooorplate. any advice? I just want a seccond opinion before I start demolishiny such a beautiful thing. ha ha

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:01 am

IMHO...Leave it alone.
Unless you have access to a machine shop (and the knowledge to use the equipment) what you are proposing will be difficult to do correctly.
You could easily end up with a very expensive paperweight.
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:44 am

hmmm..... . yeah I could quit while I'm ahead... when I first got it.... no offence Redleader, but it practically was a paperweight. If it was loaded it'd jam every cycle..... so yeah. it works reliably as is.... hmmm. I guess ... though I'd like the get a few flashbangs(gas cans) to fill on the field. ... it's just I love projects and chalenges....

... anyways. thanks for the advice..... I guess I'll just have to tinker with something else.... maybe putting a gnp m3 stock an a ktw sawed off.

thanks. you have swayed me... for now.

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:35 am

Hey guys. I don't mean to keep necro posting but anyways. I don't think it's worth a new thread, but do you guys think a S&K Mount would work on the Marushin Garand.... I also know it's not really WWII ... but it places the scope in the same place as the M1D. ha ha. The only downside I can see is that if everything on the Marushin M1 is the same as the real Steel M1(in terms of the rear sight) the metal of the reciever is the weakest link I can see and it might break there.... and if it breaks then I may need to buy a whole new M1 garand.... or i could buy a B-mount and leave it on there permanently. ha ha

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:56 am

Id just leave it the way it is.

LTC Lipinski
Extremely Regular

Post by LTC Lipinski » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:21 pm

May I date your gun. A dance at least.
BATC Graduate #103
Class 0407
------------------------
BATC Graduate #102
Class 1007

"MiniSquatch"

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:40 pm

if you do it, you had damn better use the correct scope that was used on the original.

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:58 pm

well it's on a tight leash, and I am not buying an m84.... I don't want to spend 600 on a scope.

Return to “WWII Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”