Units

Forum for those interested in accurate WWII impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Units

Post by Red Leader » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:42 pm

Hey guys, been thinking about it and to better estabolish our selves, i think we need to pick a pair of units to base our selves on. 1 german, 1 american. I believe we should stray away from the popular ones like the 101 airborn, the 2nd ranger, the 82nd airborn, and 2nd panzer division seeing as theyt are common units. if u are having a hard time thinking of a suggestion, look at at the front US forces division patches for ideas. i will take the best of what i like and put them up to vote on a poll, best vote gets to be our units.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Is Das Reich really that popular? I would've thought that the LAH, Wiking or Hohenstaufen were more popular. That sucks since I was planning on getting my buddies to do a Deutschland Regiment impression.
" I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Elliot
"What does not kill me REALLY HURTS!"

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:07 am

well, 2nd panzer is a pritty big airsoft group. but i looked and there is alot of other units to pick from.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:13 pm

Where are they based at? Do they have website?

Erik
MAA Member

Post by Erik » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:14 pm

I'd suggest trying to find a well-established WW2 airsoft group elsewhere in the region and affiliating with them. That way if there is a large regional WW2 game you can all hook up.
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:40 pm

The only group that I'm aware of is ww2airsoft.com yet they're based mostly in Illinois. Maybe we'll just have to start the upper midwest branch.

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:52 pm

i dont think there is enough support to do that. but this could be a good place for reenactors form around here to get together.anyway, it is just a suggestion. i didnt think it would take well, but worth trying, see u guys on the field.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:02 pm

91st infantry unit. there is way to many people impressioning the 101, raners, etc.
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:58 pm

that would work. i was also considering the 4th infantry (d-day landers), 10th mountain division (eliete unit served in northern italy), the 29th division, and the 69th infantry division, and for the airbone guys, the 13th airborn division. as far as germans, still looking....
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:55 pm

I've always liked the 5th infantry (red diamonds) myself. As for German units I always see a lot of 1st SS Division LAH and fallschirmjagers. I'm gearing up to do a 2nd SS Division, 3rd Regiment Deutschland. I haven't really seen any Grossdeutschland, Reichsgrenadier-Division or Fuhrer-Grenadier Brigade impressions for those who want to stay away from Waffen SS impressions.

Return to “WWII Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”