WWII scenario game

Forum for those interested in accurate WWII impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Chadwick
MAA Member

WWII scenario game

Post by Chadwick » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:01 am

In response to the vietnam :Jungle Fever Op, Ive decided to probe for interest in having a WWII game.
The
restrictions would be a bit more lax, If I were to plan it. It would require vintage looking gear.

guns oked would be any of the guns seen in wwii(M1A1, Garand, carbine, K98, Mp40,) etct.etc , along with the AK47, to simulate the stg44.

scenarios could include D-Day, Op-overlord, or any river crossing if we were to play @ SFP in buffalo and be allowed use of the boats.

Raids (africa, france, etc)

battle of the bulge
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

MajWinters636
MAA Member

Post by MajWinters636 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:22 am

i would be interested but its the fact of having to dish out the cash for a new gun and a new setup just turns me off...
BATC Graduate #103
Class 1007
MAA Member
T.O.C. Member

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:09 pm

I do have a M43 field jacket that could be rented or bought if this were to be done. it is small though, too small for me and I am 5'7
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:10 pm

i have been working lastrely on a game plan. i will post scans of the map and list the rules. i will even supply the props. this would be interesting and even a test of new game play options. it is on a artillary raid in the forest. first the allies must protect 4 engineers to a minefield to be defused so allied vehicals can move forward. next would be taking a cross-roads with a mg nest at it. then the 3 peices of artillary must be destroyed. the axis aren't stuck with a loosing battle. the get to ask for artillary barrages 3 times which kill half the allied team up to a max of 10 men. i'm thinking that this first one would not be limited to gear and guns (although they would be prefered). just so as that we can get out and play together as to sitting and getting stuff together and showing each other how we look dressed up. i am going to pm recon doc about using his field for it.... so what do u think.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:17 pm

good. I say instead of the "half your team is dead, we go with a coin flip. half of the team is even, half is odd. that way it is easy to say who gets killed in the barrage.
may I suggest we limit guns to

WWII era(thopson, MP40, greaser, M1&M2 carbines, M1 Garand etc.)

AK47 series (preferably with stocks, to mimic the mp44)
UMPs(close enough to the mp40)
M14s (mimic the bars, and g43's)
all bolt action rifles.

M249, m60, any belt fed MGS ok.

I think it might ruin the mood to have p90s, g36s, drum mags, lazer sights, and scopes (except on BOLT ACTION sniper rifles)

let me know what you think redleader. If we dont get enough interest with these laws, we can just make it open to anyone.

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:21 pm

i would rather stick with open for the moment. let people have a opertunity to see what we aree trying to do. that and this is more about getting out and playing than getting the right gear together.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:11 pm

heres what i got:

ok. first off, this is a terrible map i drew, it was just to get thoughts on paper. purely conceptual. anyway..

the map is of the ffa field. all the major paths have been marked, any way, i thought the allies would start either at the diablo or blanco spawn point. the germans would start spread out on the field except for some field requirements.

Allies rules:

Must achieve victory by doing the 3 tasks in order:
1. clear minefield for allied armor
2. take the mg nest to take controle of cross roads
3. destroy the enemy artillary to gain controll of the area

the allies get between 2 and 4 engineers (depending on team size).
-the engineers will be armed with pistols or semi-auto on aegs.

at least 1 engineer must stay in minefield zone for 1 minute (can change if to hard) w/out being hit for minefield to be clear.

if there are no engineers in minefield, timer is reset.

all allies except engineers have unlimited respawns.

engineers have 4 respawns.

after minefield is cleared, engineers turn into standard infantry, and can be armed with whatever they choose.

the mg nest has been taken when no germans are in it. once taken, it cannot be taken back. the nest becomes a respawn point for attack on artillery.

to destroy a gun, a smoke must be put down its barrel.

mission time: 45 minutes

Axis Rules:

unlimited respawns

3 respawn points (mg nest, artillery, and a 3rd point to be decided behind the artilery positions)

1 person is designated artillery spotter. he is armed with a semi-auto weapon. he gets to call up to 3 artillery barrages which instantly kills either half the allies team up to 10 people max (round up).

the germans start on the field spread out. (depending on team size ) there must be at least 3 people at artillary or no artillary barrage, and there must be 2 men in mg nest unless the mine field has been cleared, then they are free to leave.

if minefield is cleared, the mg nest respawn no longer works.

if mg nest is taken, artillery respawn point no longer works.

axis wins if they are able to hold the allies advance for 45 minutes.

now the place ment of objectives:

the atillary would be set up over where dp made his forts on the ridge. the artillary props i am going to make from plywood, 2x4's and some pcv pipe.

the mg nest (unlike marked) i was thinking would be at the y cross to the right of where it is marked on the map. it will be of a bunker, or fort that at least 2 men cna be in and laydown fire.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:15 pm

where are you getitng these "guns"

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:39 pm

what guns, u mean the artillary, like i said, i wil make it from stuff i can get at home depot
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:04 pm

we should get/ make mines and actualy require them to be "defused"

toss in somemad bull mines and claymores as well.

to diffuse you have o
a-pick it up and take it back to a certain place
b-tape it.
c-mark it w a stick in the ground with red tape/

plan on having perhaps 40-50 mines of all sorts

working madbull landmines
claymores

artificial plywood or PVC types.

also incorporate some "barbed wire" (string or rope) that must be cut to get into the field with a pair of scissors

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:41 pm

Chadwick wrote:we should get/ make mines and actualy require them to be "defused"

toss in somemad bull mines and claymores as well.

to diffuse you have o
a-pick it up and take it back to a certain place
b-tape it.
c-mark it w a stick in the ground with red tape/

plan on having perhaps 40-50 mines of all sorts

working madbull landmines
claymores

artificial plywood or PVC types.

also incorporate some "barbed wire" (string or rope) that must be cut to get into the field with a pair of scissors
1. i am not going to buy landmines to put out there, they are expensive, u can loose em, and it make it more complicated, i'd rather just keep the original idea, which i didnt mention, was using yellow caution tape to mark the are.

2. barbwire, might be a ok idea. adds to the game play. but i dont think everyone carries a knife or scissors, and i dont want any accidents of people dieing cuz they ran with scissors. so at this point, i will keep it in mind, but proboly wont use it but love the idea of just flipping a coin. makes things easier.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:11 pm

Red Leader wrote:
Chadwick wrote: 1. i am not going to buy landmines to put out there, they are expensive, u can loose em, and it make it more complicated, i'd rather just keep the original idea, which i didnt mention, was using yellow caution tape to mark the are.

2. barbwire, might be a ok idea. adds to the game play. but i dont think everyone carries a knife or scissors, and i dont want any accidents of people dieing cuz they ran with scissors. so at this point, i will keep it in mind, but proboly wont use it but love the idea of just flipping a coin. makes things easier.
\

1st. dont buy them. if people have them and want to bring them, let them. but I think that plywood circles, or even better, those little low to the groun cones the soccer coaches use. (they look like a bowl kind of) would work great for land mines. spray paint them black or green.

2nd-most soldier didnt carry wire cutters, only a select few. just give some scisors or shears to 2 allies.

I realy like the idea of having to mark the individual landmines. adds lots of realism. every one can do that then. just have good mg nests covering with 249/saws etc.(any one got an mg42?)

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:32 pm

i would rather stick with open for the moment. let people have a opertunity to see what we aree trying to do. that and this is more about getting out and playing than getting the right gear together.
I agree 100% with this. If you wanted to encourage more people to wear period gear or at least make an effort you could say something like "X amount of money off the entry fee with a period correct uniform" like how they do it at some Reenactor Shows and even some RenFaires.
" I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Elliot
"What does not kill me REALLY HURTS!"

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:02 pm

i will talk to recon doc about this stuff, see how he feels about some of this stuff. i still dont like the mine idea, make the objective too easy and to fast. anyway, we'll see what what happons, i still have to explain the game plan to him.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

siuss

Post by siuss » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:15 pm

Wouldnt it make more sence if only engineers can destroy artilery as well as disarm mines?

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:57 pm

well hey, if you guys want a noob with a mauser on hfc13a and can wait until late may I can join you. I've decided that that will be the first thing I get this summer. Just becasue i've wanted one forever and am tired of waiting.
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim."

"Stand Still! How can I shoot you if you keep moving!"

"My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:53 am

siuss wrote:Wouldnt it make more sence if only engineers can destroy artilery as well as disarm mines?
that would.... i will consult on it.
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:22 pm

I still like the idea of actual "mines" that need to all be marked. simple to make with cardboard, plywood or pvc. it would be cool to toss in a few claymores with the "minefield"

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:17 pm

mines would be fun. chadwic, after assessing how little monies I have, i think the thompson might be in order, rather than the Mauser. :( I'll have to see your thompson some time to get a feel for it. lol
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim."

"Stand Still! How can I shoot you if you keep moving!"

"My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:21 pm

The thompson is beautiful.
" I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Elliot
"What does not kill me REALLY HURTS!"

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:29 pm

fadedcorona wrote:mines would be fun. chadwic, after assessing how little monies I have, i think the thompson might be in order, rather than the Mauser. :( I'll have to see your thompson some time to get a feel for it. lol
the thompson is my pride and juy.

heavy(about 10 lbs) stick mags with 3 styles availiable. (moddel of the 30 rounders in 68 round capacity and the high cap which holds about 480. The is also the 190 round mag that is modded after the 20 round stick)

It accurate, much more so than my AK47.

basicly the best gun out there IMHO.

Im not sure if people understand what kind of cones I am talking about.

THESE

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

Return to “WWII Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”