Who here has a COMPLETE WWII uniform and set up

Forum for those interested in accurate WWII impressions and re-enactment using Airsoft. This is not a political or historical section, discussions will be limited to the gear and guns appropriate for the era and theme based games.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Chadwick
MAA Member

Who here has a COMPLETE WWII uniform and set up

Post by Chadwick » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:38 pm

well, how many we got? I know theres at least 3
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

Erixon

Post by Erixon » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:49 pm

I'm almost there. Both my American and German impressions are almost complete. I'll post some pics when I get everything together.

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:51 pm

slowly and steadily for me. I have a side arm for both sides, officer boots for the SS, and a pistol belt and holster for the US. :?
" I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Elliot
"What does not kill me REALLY HURTS!"

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:29 pm

What type of German impression are you doing Erixon?

Chadwick
MAA Member

Post by Chadwick » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:30 pm

Lord Ashtaroth wrote:slowly and steadily for me. I have a side arm for both sides, officer boots for the SS, and a pistol belt and holster for the US. :?
you gotta get a main weapon, and a uniform, those are the most important
So, as Woodstock rocked on and the boomers got all wild on their weed, the M16 continued to be, and continues to be, the military's weapon of choice - for some weird, unexplainable reason

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:40 am

well I'm buying a Thompson from a guy on the boards and considering that it's cold right now and that I just recently decided to get into historical airsofting, a full uniform isn't too high right now on my list of priorities.

Erixon

Post by Erixon » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:53 pm

Lord Ashtaroth wrote:What type of German impression are you doing Erixon?
It's pretty generic right now. Grey German tunic with no specific insignia and some boots. I'm might go for the 5th Wiking Division, though.

Erixon

Post by Erixon » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:54 pm

...same with my American setup. A field Jacket and a helmet with no specific unit.

LT Tahoe

Post by LT Tahoe » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:58 am

I'd recommend you decide first what units to do, then buy uniforms and equipment. The chioce of unit could mean very different uniforms; like a paratrooper/fallshirmjager vs line infantry. WW2 is expensive stuff, and buying stuff without a plan could mean a lot of wasted money.

Red Leader
Extremely Regular

Post by Red Leader » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:11 pm

LT Tahoe wrote:I'd recommend you decide first what units to do, then buy uniforms and equipment. The chioce of unit could mean very different uniforms; like a paratrooper/fallshirmjager vs line infantry. WW2 is expensive stuff, and buying stuff without a plan could mean a lot of wasted money.
and a very weird look....
Reaper squad. member
2nd Rangers

Erixon

Post by Erixon » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:52 pm

When it comes to German gear (especially units of the SS), tunic shade, button number, etc was rarley "uniform." Especially toward the end of the war.

Obviously, mixing and matching Heer and Waffen ss gear (especially helmet decals and camoflauge) would look wrong. Rank and specific unit insignia is another aspect that can't be improvised. But as mentioned earlier, clothing shade (un-matching shades of grey when it comes to trousers, caps and tunics) is acceptable. Historical accuracy would depend on it.

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:58 pm

Osprey books work wonders. Best books for uniform accuracy IMO.

Return to “WWII Airsoft Re-Enactment Forum”