BATC Class 10-11 ROSTER

Forum dedicated to the MAA Sanctioned Basic Airsoft Training Course (BATC). An Airsoft Bootcamp weekend teaching basic Airsoft safety as well as individual and squad tactics.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Erik

Erik
MAA Member

BATC Class 10-11 ROSTER

Post by Erik » Wed May 18, 2011 12:21 pm

ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!!

BATC Class 10-11
Dates: Oct. 7 - Oct 9, 2011
Cost: $45/person

BATC is a three-day training event designed to develop the skills players need to operate in large-scale scenario games, as well as small skirmishes. As a member of the recruit squad, you will learn individual, team, and squad tactics in a dynamic training environment.

BATC Class 10-11 ROSTER:
Recruit Squad Leader - Dark_zero_X

101 - Gill
102 - Stealth_Recon
103 - McLovin
104 - Gotchya
105 - RampRat
106 - Ground_Robin

201 - Daishido
202 - Dew Key
203 - RangerMike
204 - Emorisch
205 - Master TCAA
206 - BamBam

DOR:
Perkins

The roster is now full. To get on the waiting list, send me a PM. If a student DORs before the start date, I will call the waiting list in the order that people sign up. If I cannot get ahold of you, I will move on to the next person.

Every cycle at least one person on the waiting list has gotten in, so don't give up. I might call you on Friday night.
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

Erik
MAA Member

Re: BATC Class 10-11 SIGN UP HERE

Post by Erik » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Still plenty of space in this class. Looking for more good recruits!
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner

nate4228
Regular

Post by nate4228 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:47 pm

I am justn getting into field airsoft and I turn 14 in October. I was looking for my answer but can't find it.(maybe just looked to hard.)
Do you need to go through BATC before you can step on to the field and join a team?
You bring down one enemy and they bring in a tougher one
Yesterdays enemies are Today's recruits.
History is written by the victor.

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:18 pm

nate4228 wrote:I am justn getting into field airsoft and I turn 14 in October. I was looking for my answer but can't find it.(maybe just looked to hard.)
Do you need to go through BATC before you can step on to the field and join a team?
There is no requirement for anything to have to go through BATC

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

Erik
MAA Member

Post by Erik » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 pm

nate4228 wrote:I am justn getting into field airsoft and I turn 14 in October. I was looking for my answer but can't find it.(maybe just looked to hard.)
You are going to need to get some experience under your belt before attendng BATC. Check out the stickies and get to some Open Sessions.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=19056
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner

C-BASS
Fairly Regular

BATC Class 10-11 SIGN UP HERE

Post by C-BASS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 pm

I really want to attend and am putting together more gear, ammo, and such in anticipation. I just have to clear it with my parents first... Also, minors have to have full face protection correct?
Follow me!

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Correct
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

C-BASS
Fairly Regular

BATC Class 10-11 SIGN UP HERE

Post by C-BASS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:51 pm

At least it won't be as hot out...
Follow me!

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 pm

I live up in pine city while im going to college and i am totally down with coming to this. i might even get one of my buddies to come down with me. but for sure i will be signing up as soon as i get the $45 rounded up. i should have all the gear put together now since i just bought a hydration pack two weeks ago.

my uniform is MARPAT and my vest is coyote tan with a tan helmet and other coverings.

i have some other stuff now as well since that pic is old. another gun and the aforementioned hydro pack as well as a soft mask and shemagh-type cover for use with my goggles. im pretty sure i have most of the stuff on the requirement list and those i don't i can get in time.

Edited by Tank- Photo removed. This is not the place to post photos.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Erik
MAA Member

Post by Erik » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:06 pm

We're looking for a few more good players. Check out the requirements and PM me before signing up.
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:11 pm

You CANNOT wear Desert MARPAT or any other desert pattern for that matter.
Erik wrote:...Tactical/BDU Clothing - any style or camo pattern, as long as it is military or military style. No hunting camo or civilian clothes may be worn during training. No desert, black, or khaki uniforms (reserved for Cadre). Multicam, MARPAT, ACU, ABU are all okay. Clothing may be from any manufacturer so long as it presents a military appearance. Ghilie suits are not allowed. Plan for cold, wet and muddy weather.
Team PALADIN

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:46 am

Tank wrote:You CANNOT wear Desert MARPAT or any other desert pattern for that matter.
Erik wrote:...Tactical/BDU Clothing - any style or camo pattern, as long as it is military or military style. No hunting camo or civilian clothes may be worn during training. No desert, black, or khaki uniforms (reserved for Cadre). Multicam, Woodland MARPAT, ACU, ABU are all okay. Clothing may be from any manufacturer so long as it presents a military appearance. Ghilie suits are not allowed. Plan for cold, wet and muddy weather.
alright well then ill have to figure something out then... i dont really want to have to buy a whole new set of camo, money gets tight as it is :|
still, all the rest of my stuff is tan in color, and i cant really justify buying all new gear for something like this.

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:14 am

Emorisch, your gear isn't as much the issue. Go pick yourself up a surplus set of woodland BDUs from the local Army/Navy surplus store for $20-$50 and you're set.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:08 pm

im making some calls to some buddies and might have a line on some multicam

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah, your gear color doesn't matter. The UNIFORM color does.
Team PALADIN

Erik
MAA Member

Re: BATC Class 10-11 SIGN UP HERE - THREE SLOTS LEFT!

Post by Erik » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Last three slots up!
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner

Archer
MAA Member

Re: BATC Class 10-11 SIGN UP HERE - THREE SLOTS LEFT!

Post by Archer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Reserved my slot!

Erik
MAA Member

Re: BATC Class 10-11 SIGN UP HERE - TWO SLOTS LEFT!

Post by Erik » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Roster updated. Two slots left!
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner

Mailman
Extremely Regular

Post by Mailman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:26 pm

I highly recommend this course to any one who wants become an all around better player...I cant even tell you how great an experiences this is.
If I were any one I would get on one of those 2 spots left ASAP. If time permitted I would do the course over again, just to show you how wonderful and challenging this truly is!
BATC 5-10 Honor Grad
The most dangerous weapon in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass.

EMO
Extremely Regular

Post by EMO » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:21 am

Debating on going as this is my Birthday weekend...
Would it be worth giving up my birthday for this or should I just go to the next one?
MINAS Rangers
Add me on Hangouts for PC help!
Radthekid@gmail.com

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 am

Although they try to run one once a year you never know when the next one might be and if you are free or not. I would suggest going if you have the time, money, and energy for it.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."
-Rifleman's Creed

Trippy
MAA Member

Post by Trippy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:48 am

It took me three years to find a time that I was free AND I had money AND there was a slot open. If you can do it, do it now.
Morris Team
BATC 0509 Honor Grad
The Fastest Airsofter in Minnesota

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Re: BATC Class 10-11: ROSTER FULL; WAIT LIST AVAILABLE

Post by Dark_zero_x » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Its great to see the roster full, some of you I know and some of you I will get to know. I'm very exited for this. That being said we are about a month away from the class, go though and read the treads around here, they are full of great information.
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Post by Dark_zero_x » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:18 pm

One week till BATC, I hope you guys are pumped and ready for the most intense weekend of airsoft yet.

here is some posts I have made in the past in preperation for BATC
Dark zero_x wrote: it will be good to be back. One thing I noticed from the last BATC was the insane amount of shooting done, Hi caps are recommended for this, bring a lot of them. I plan on having a full Hi cap load out by then.

We have a month to prepare, now is the time to square away all your gear and buy what you need. With plenty of games coming up in the next few weeks, all of your rigs should be squared away. DO NOT make a brand new rig for BATC, use something you are used to. I brought a semi new rig to BATC and was wearing my ALICE gear by the end because I had not ironed out the bugs.

don't forget the tape, bring at least one roll of 90mph tape or electrical tape and find a place to put it on your gear, I needed alot of tape last time.

the last BATC took place at the same time of the year and caught a few of us off guard, it was VERY windy and cold with insane amounts of rain on the first day. Pack wet weather gear and at least a warm fleece, gloves and headgear are a good idea too.

you will be paired up with a battle buddy, you do everything with your battle buddy, you should almost never leave his side. know were your battle buddy is at all times and communicate, if you feel ill, or otherwise not well, tell him. you see some bad guys tell them, your dead, tell them (within the rules of course) you and your battle buddy should be a single unit, and most likely by the end of BATC you will have made a new Friend.

never become complacent during BATC at any moment, erik or any other OC can call the OpFor and crush us in seconds, this will be painfully obvious at a certain part of the day.

Most importantly BE SAFE, last cycle we had a blind man called (it was a dirt biker who was illegally riding on the property) you never know who you might see.

Mark your gear, mags, guns, batteries, and other stuff. I hand out a bunch of my stuff to who ever needs it, be ready to throw mags around!
By now, all your gear should be squared away, save the little bits you may need over the weekend. I would recomend buying your food soon, well balanced and filling, yet quick and easy are recomended. I would STRONGLY advise you not to live off ramen noodles for the weekend. It's a great time to make a packing list right around now, so as you are not scrambleing last second hopeing that you don't make that gamebreaking mistake of forgeting some gear.

It's time to dust off your guns, test all your guns and batteries, and lube your mags. (you should have long before this) to make shure you are good to go.
Last cycle Rocked hard, by word of the Cadre one of the best classes to date. My goal for this cycle, is not only the 100% grad rate, but to do better then any class before us. We have a lot to live up to, we will have to work hard to earn this title. This is your time to shine Class 10-11, bring an open mind, and your 110% A game.
I look forward to leading you, and learning with you.
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 pm

To those who are in this cycle, I would like to say, Congratulations for taking the initiative to sign up for what is probably one of the bet experiences that Minnesota Airsoft has to offer. I would also like to say that you recruits will be in very good hands under Dark Zero. Here is my advice for you:

1. Come in with an open Mind: The point of BATC is not only to learn how to be a better airsofter, but also how to be a role model for other players around you. You will be asked to do things that you may have never done while playing airsoft before. You may also learn a few things you disagree with. What I will say is this: Erik And the rest of the Cadre have more airsofting and combat experience than any other group really out there in MN. While you may not agree with what they say, they DO know what they are talking about. The class will go by a lot better if you acknowledge this, and take their orders and recommendations with an open mind.

2. Come Prepared: One of the worst things you can do when showing up to BATC is coming there unprepared. The Cadre WILL notice this, and you WILL be called out. Bring all of the gear they recommend that you do, and then bring extra in case. It is a lot easier to deal with having too much than not enough. Being over-prepared is always better than under prepared. This is not just a matter of gear though. Make sure you are familiar with your gear, your reloads, and etc.

3. My most important recommendation to everyone would have to be this: HAVE FUN!!!!! This will be exhausting, it will be strenuousness, and you will be sore afterward, but, once this weekend is over, it will all have been worth it. BATC still ranks as one of if not my most fun and rewarding airsoft experience I have been through, and I went through twice.

Good luck Recruits, and have a great time!!!

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Re: BATC Class 10-11 ROSTER

Post by Dark_zero_x » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:53 pm

One day left guys, you should be packed and ready to rock. If you need any last minute gear items ask here I will provide what I can. load mags now if you have the time also check those batteries, and test those guns.

one final note about gear, the last 2 cycles i have been through I have killed at least 2 guns, I would bring as many guns as you can. We will have some down time (not much), and we do have someone that has some great knowlage of Gearboxes, but its faster to grab a new gun and go.
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:49 pm

im bringing all 3 of my AEG's and some basic tools like hex keys and the such. I've always done my own work since i used to race RC cars and also work on real steel guns. I've been checking and double checking gear all day. Im excited to get down there and get back into playin in the field, as its been about 2 years since ive been in anything other then a CQB game.

Erik
MAA Member

Post by Erik » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Don't forget to print out the directions and waiver.

Everyone signs a waiver. If you are under 18, and show up without a signed waiver, you're going to have a hard time taking BATC.

Show up squared away and get ready to rock.
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:08 pm

hey erik, what is the earliest you want people showing up down there. i may have to make a quick run into the cities to get something, unless i can come up with one of my patented creative solutions. i know it says no later then 8pm, but no earlier then ?

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Post by Dark_zero_x » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Looks like rain guys pack accordingly
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:13 am

You can arrive on site I'd say by 1700 but you will have to wait until 1800 until a CADRE Member shows up to let you in. Just wait in the parking lot.

* Remember ear plugs! People snore.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Ground Robin
MAA Member

Post by Ground Robin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:32 am

Bringing some extra things for people to use if they need them. Like 2 8.4v large type batteries, an extra 9.6v stick type, a couple 8.4v small types, etc. so let me know, teammates, if you need a temporary battery :)
MAA Member #100
BATC Honor Grad 10/11 and Fire Team Alpha Leader
Sponsored by THE FACILITY airsoft headquarters
Team BANGARANG!

Stealth_Recon
MAA Member

Post by Stealth_Recon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Bringing all 4 of my AEGs and Daishido is bringing his 2 guns. We are also bring extra batteries, etc. See you all there.
MAA Member #99
BATC 10-11 Graduate
Aka = TAMARACK

G&G M4 (Combat Machine)
DBoy MK16 (SCAR-L)
JG MK5A4
JG SIG 552
DE M56A Tri-shot Shotgun
CA G36k

Master TCAA
MAA Member

Post by Master TCAA » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:20 pm

I have been packing for 2 weeks. :lol:. Time to load up and head out.
When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
BATC grad 10-11
MAA Member #94
Team: Wolverines

McLovin
Extremely Regular

Post by McLovin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Yes cant wait. See you guys there! :)

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Ha, my clock was off by an hour and I got here at 4:30 instead of 5:30. Guess I get to take a nap

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Post by Dark_zero_x » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Congrats to class 10-11 on sucsessfuly compleating BATC! Thank you cadre for alowing me to particapte in this class, thank you opfor for teaching us, and thank you recruits for bringing your A game!
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

Return to “BATC: Basic Airsoft Training Course”