You want to attend BATC? Really?

Forum dedicated to the MAA Sanctioned Basic Airsoft Training Course (BATC). An Airsoft Bootcamp weekend teaching basic Airsoft safety as well as individual and squad tactics.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Erik

Elvis
MAA Member

You want to attend BATC? Really?

Post by Elvis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:30 am

Hi All,

I've been watching this BATC forum for a bit and I've seen a huge amount of enthusiasm surrounding BATC. That's great! However, it's important to stress the commitment that BATC involves.

First off, this isn't an open session. This isn't a game at the Warehouse, or at SFP. This is (I'll just say it), the BEST Milsim event you will ever attend. I stress MILSIM there as well; Erik, Gabe, and the rest of the Cadre put a LOT of effort and personal time into making sure this event is top notch. In addition, when I attended BATC back in 2006 (I think), we had attendees who traveled hundreds of miles to attend. Those people were obviously committed to learning the skills presented. Now only did they show up with all the right gear, they traveled far to do so. The least we could do was be a professional looking and acting group of individuals. Which my class was. It's difficult to be immersed in the weekend if one of your squad mates is sporting a pair of tennis shoes, or is constantly needing to borrow something because they weren't prepared. Showing up at BATC anything less than 100% prepared is downright disrespectful to the other attendees and the Cadre.

That being said, I've seen a number of people who arent sure if they have all the the appropriate gear, equipment, etc. Let's face it, if you're not sure that you have everything, you probably don't; and that's OK! Granted, I haven't been to too many games lately, but there are a number of names posting in this thread that I don't know, so I could be wrong. But, if you fit the above description, do your fellow airsoft players a favor and bow out. Those who attend BATC owe it to themselves and more importantly their teammates to be fully prepared.
Elvis
FORT Team
MAA Member #41
BATC Graduate - 03/05

mojocatt
MAA Member

Re: You want to attend BATC? Really?

Post by mojocatt » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:28 pm

Word to everything above.

Make the commitment, double check your gear (make a check list) be rested, alert and on time. The most impressive thing to me was being part of a team where everyone is pulling their share of the load, everyone is looking out for everyone, everyone is communicating and are actively involved in problem solving. Not something you see during your day to day life, it was refreshing and motivating to be part of a REAL team.

That said above the physical strain is significant, but I would also advise the mental preparation to be part of a team like you rarely get a chance to be a part of.
MAA Member 82
BATC 0708
Voted most likely to start his own game of traitor 2009

Return to “BATC: Basic Airsoft Training Course”