BATC 10-07 AAR's/feedback

Forum dedicated to the MAA Sanctioned Basic Airsoft Training Course (BATC). An Airsoft Bootcamp weekend teaching basic Airsoft safety as well as individual and squad tactics.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Erik

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

BATC 10-07 AAR's/feedback

Post by Shady-Cadence » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:25 pm

I just feel the need to express some gratitude here.

First of all I want to thank Erik, Arch, Tank, and Alex and the rest of the MAA for doing this. This was, without a doubt, the most intense airsoft experience i've ever had. I am still amazed at the amount of things you guys can teach in two days, and do it in a way that never gets stale or boring. We as a(n airsoft) community are incredibly fortunate to have an organization and individuals willing to give so much effort for the sake of helping others, most of whom you've never met. You are a special breed.

Next I want to thank OPFOR, you guys gave us hell out there and added a realism that really stressed us out, which was exactly what we needed; Work together and succeed, or die as individuals. I will admit it was a little unnerving to walk into the woods where you know people are looking to shoot you specifically, no matter how many people we had with. I enjoyed every death.

Last, but most certainly not least, I want to thank my fellow recruits. You guys were great, and everyone of you gave it your all and it showed. I doubt I could have recieved Honor Grad. if you guys hadn't made me look so good. Your efforts out there were huge, and for that I want to extend my deepest gratitude. I will be proud to "run" (not that run) with any one of you, any game, anywhere! Remember; Two is one, one is none.
And MC; I know how tough of a call you had to make and I felt for you, but would have felt worse if we had to carry you off the field to go "chairsofting" for 2 1/2 months. Feel better, and I will see you on the field soon.

I am humbly overwhelmed by the quality charachter of everyone involved in this event, and I salute you all! :D

EDIT: I'm paying for my efforts today, (ouuch!) but worth it all! :wink:
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

axraupp
MAA Member

Post by axraupp » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:43 pm

I was pretty sore yesterday, but am fine now. The trick is to keep moving and last night I ran a lot of stairs.

I've done a lot of things in my life, but this program ranks right up there with the most hard work and most fun I've ever had.

We have an excellent program here; one which I think could be marketed nationally, or at least regionally, and can be a tremendous benefit to anyone save those with many years in both the military and airsoft.

Thanks to Eric & Gabe, you really have a jewel here. Thanks also to Tank & Alex as well as our Opfor participants. Thanks also to the men of BATC Recruit Class 1007!

-Alex
TK490

Faust
MAA Member

Post by Faust » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Thanks Cadre and OPFOR. It is truly amazing how little downtime there is in the BATC program, it is rare to see a organization or program work so efficiently with time.

Great job to all my fellow recruits.

Sorry again about your hand Wolfwood, I hope it is healing up alright.

Southern Bulldog
A Regular

Post by Southern Bulldog » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:14 pm

lets see to spraned ancles shin splints and 2 skreewd up feet and i paid 45 bux for them all i have to say is money well spent thanks to opfor and cadre cant what for another chance to do it all over again:)
Stars and bars forever confederate by choice union by force
"all you need is my name rank and favorite cereal"
BATC GRAD 10-07
BATC GRAD 07-08

sig68
MAA Member

Post by sig68 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:29 pm

I had a great time at BATC, and I learned a lot. I am amazed by how much stuff the cadre can teach in 2 days. BATC was worth every penny and i am very grateful for being able to go and learn from the best!

my thanks go out to the Cadre; Erik, Archangel, Tank, Alex, you guys are the best. Also thanks OPFOR, your really gave us hell out there. And i can't for get my fellow recruits, hope to see you guys on the battlefield soon. 8)

Overall Thanks to everyone that made this possible!
-MARK-
MAA Member Number: 87
Graduate of BATC Class 10-07: Recruit #202
T.O.C. Member

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:13 am

Hand is healing fine.
Doc Holliday: My hypocrisy goes only so far.
Somewhere out there is 6mm of plastic with your name on it.
A strong arguement attacks the merits of a point. A weak arguement attacks the person who established the point.

Return to “BATC: Basic Airsoft Training Course”