BATC: Don't lie to yourself

Forum dedicated to the MAA Sanctioned Basic Airsoft Training Course (BATC). An Airsoft Bootcamp weekend teaching basic Airsoft safety as well as individual and squad tactics.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Erik

Erik
MAA Member

BATC: Don't lie to yourself

Post by Erik » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:26 pm

There are a lot of reasons why an Airsoft player might think they can't come to BATC. Don't lie to yourself - these are simple problems that can be easily overcome. ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!

I I can't get my parents permission. The BATC is going to be a very safe and controlled operation, where older players will be mentoring less experienced players. The primary focus of the BATC will be the development of good sportsmanship, safety habits, and team building. Have your parents call me (my phone # is listed in my profile) and I would be happy to talk to them about their concerns.

I can't get transportation. Use these boards to find a ride! Someone probably has room in their car. But you won't find out unless you ask.

Do not have an AEG Well, if you are serious about Airsoft, you need to get yourself an AEG...but the gun does not an Airsofter make.

I can't get the other required gear I am afraid I can't help you here - this is gear every Airsoft player should own. But if you need to borrow something, post asking for help. Someone will probably be willing to help you out, but you won't know unless you ask.

Would go, if I didn't have to stay on site Can't help you with this. We've got a lot of training to do over the weekend, and we can't expect the class to wait around for people to arrive. By staying on site, we can ensure that everyone who needs to be there is - and it's fun! The Cadre will be staying on-site as well.

Afraid I might wash out Do you not play Airsoft games because you are afraid you might lose? Yes, the BATC will be a challenge...but it will also be a lot of fun. The Cadre's job is not to make you fail, but to help you pass. When you get your badge on Sunday, you will know you've earned it, and you will leave with a good base of skills that will help make you a better Airsoft player.

Not interested in the BATC To each his own, if you don't want to do training (or don't think you need training) that's your right. See you on the field ;)

The BATC is more than just training. It's a weekend long event of fieldcraft and teamwork. Saturday is spent training, including a range session and tactical walk-thrus, and almost all of Sunday you will be participating in a combat op against a talented OPFOR team. The BATC isn't just about training - it's about building your skills, teamwork, sportsmanship, and playing Airsoft. All of which add up to be a really good time.
Blackcat wrote:Guys, if you have even thought about going, you should.

If you have NOT thought about going, you still should.

This is a ton of fun, there is nothing you will regret. If anyone has any questions about anything at all relating to the course, or the site/how sleeping and cooking arrangments work, please do not hesitate to ask. Cadre or members from a previous class will be able to answer almost any question.

If for some reason you have a question you would like to ask, but do not want everyone on the boards to see it, you can always use PM to contact someone for a private question. I'm sure Erik would answer any question you have.

Another thing, if you are thinking about going but your buddy doesn't want to come with, don't let that hold you back. I know it may be more comfortable to go with a friend that you know, but I assure you all of the cadre are nice guys, and a hell of a lot of fun to hang out with. All of the recruits will get to know each other, and you WILL make some friends during the weekend. Trust me, I had planned on going with 3 other friends, and all 3 dropped out on me. I went without them and still had a great time.

You won't regret this course!
Don't talk yourself out of it. ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!
Last edited by Erik on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

Return to “BATC: Basic Airsoft Training Course”