Plate carriers

Tactical Gear Discussion, Advice, & Questions.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Monarch416

Plate carriers

Post by Monarch416 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:17 pm

I was wondering what are decent plate carriers. I'm looking for more of a milsim setup i was thinking of multicam. But if anyone has any other camouflage advice that'd be highly appreciated and im open to all price ranges but not anything outrageous

Archer
MAA Member

Re: Plate carriers

Post by Archer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:33 pm

I highly recommend either Ranger Green or Coyote Brown for a gear color. those two tend to work with a wide range of camo patterns, of which you'll need if you start getting into more serious mil-sim gaming as most events require specific patterns.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Archer wrote:I highly recommend either Ranger Green or Coyote Brown for a gear color. those two tend to work with a wide range of camo patterns, of which you'll need if you start getting into more serious mil-sim gaming as most events require specific patterns.
^Agreed.

In addition, there are so many options out there for PC's that we'd need more information before any good recommendations can be made. For example, what is your body type? I'm tall & skinny, so some gear doesn't fit properly on me. How much stuff do you want to carry on your PC? I like to keep mine farily light, so I opted for a lower profile PC (the Crye JPC). Do you want to emulate a particular branch, unit, or squad? And there are more questions, but those can at least get us in the right direction.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Monarch416

Post by Monarch416 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Im tall and slim and i know this sounds cliche but either Russian or isreal special forces the only reason is because i know they use the tar 21 and id want the capability to carry alot of gear

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:16 am

russians don't use the TAR series of rifles. The israelis use the TAR as it is made there and the ukraine is in the process of adopting/sourcing a rifle that is licensed from IWI that is based on the TAR.

The IDF uses a few different options:

The Standard Combat Harness: http://www.israelmilitary.com/combat-ha ... -2086.aspx

The "Tactical" Hi-Vest or VEST-1212: http://www.israelmilitary.com/idf-tacti ... -2354.aspx

The "commando" harness: http://www.israelmilitary.com/idf-comma ... p-757.aspx

The first two options are designed to carry plated on their own, while the third option is designed to be worn over the top of a separate ballistic vest like most other chest rigs are. keep in mind that the first two will probably be very loose without some sort of mock plate or other material to add rigidity and the third option likely won't fit very well without at least a mock ballistic vest underneath it.

Also, these are military surplus items and are quite spendy. the commando harness you could probably replicate with generic pouches and an empty rig, but the other two I don't believe have a "knock off" equivalent. That being said, because these items are designed for real combat duty, they would be quite durable and you would have little worry of ruining them whilst playing. You get what you pay for.
Last edited by Archer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Monarch416

Post by Monarch416 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:58 am

Ok thank you for the advice

gottabea1911
Almost A Regular

Post by gottabea1911 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:42 pm

I just go with black that way it goes with everything. Then again I'm lazy and cheap when it comes to how I look.
your gun is as unique as you make it

JCL
Almost A Regular

Post by JCL » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:01 pm

I've found that od green works pretty will in northern minnesota. It also goes pretty well with green based camos. I just got a condor gunner pc and I think it's comfortable and has good real estate. I also have the lancer tactical jpc that is a bit smaller, but still comfortable.
JG 614 Full stock
S&T TAR 21 metal gearbox
VFC UMP GBB

KWA USP
WE 1911

My youtube channel is ArbiterAirsoft

Return to “Gear Discussion”