decent battle belt?

Tactical Gear Discussion, Advice, & Questions.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

thentantt
MAA Member

decent battle belt?

Post by thentantt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:41 am

so I've been shopping around for a subload battlebelt but all that I've seen dont seem to be fat guy friendly. Well I'm not saying their not but they just dont look so much like it. Any who does anyone know a decent battle belt that'll fit a 38 waist? I got a bit of a fat guy muffin top going on so yeah.....but back on topic I'm trying to find a decent battle belt that also won't break my bank, but something that has fair quality. Any suggestions?
Bah-Bah-Boom!

Sdubs

Re: decent battle belt?

Post by Sdubs » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:22 am

Check out the ATS warbelt
http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/comm ... y=ST-13040
Simple, padded enough, and reasonably low profile.
How much were you planning to carry? For heavier loads the HSGI suregrip is a fantastic option because of its construction and included removable stiffener.

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 am

HSGI fits me perfectly fine. You just have to order the right size.

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:05 pm

thentantt wrote:...snip...
I'm not one to talk, but a 38" waist isn't usually considered fat guy territory, at least I wouldn't put it there.

As to your question, all the major players in the (real) gear world make battle belts in multiple sizes. The ATS and HSGI belts are two of the more popular ones, but there are a crapton of options out there from super simple traditional molle belts to stuff with a bunch of fancy options running in a multitude of price ranges.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:42 pm

Sdubs wrote:Check out the ATS warbelt
http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/comm ... y=ST-13040
Simple, padded enough, and reasonably low profile.
How much were you planning to carry? For heavier loads the HSGI suregrip is a fantastic option because of its construction and included removable stiffener.
Well the weight isn't a big issue being that ill be using a harness as well, but i plan on carrying 4 magazines, 2-3 pistol magazines and my pistol.
Bah-Bah-Boom!

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:47 pm

bikemancs wrote:HSGI fits me perfectly fine. You just have to order the right size.
I really like the design and fitting of the HSGI but i just don't know if im willing to spend that much for a battle belt
Bah-Bah-Boom!

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Touchette wrote:
thentantt wrote:...snip...
I'm not one to talk, but a 38" waist isn't usually considered fat guy territory, at least I wouldn't put it there.

As to your question, all the major players in the (real) gear world make battle belts in multiple sizes. The ATS and HSGI belts are two of the more popular ones, but there are a crapton of options out there from super simple traditional molle belts to stuff with a bunch of fancy options running in a multitude of price ranges.
I don't believe it is so big either, but most belts ive seen people tend to wear them a bit above the waist and well, of course thats where my muffin top kicks in haha.
i also looked up the 2 listed and i like them but the HSGI has some stuff that i don't really care for like the cut outs for the thigh holster and the price kills me, and i do like the ATS from what i've seen and read. i did also have a Pantac battle belt and i did like that but the rubber inside kept riding up my shirt and i would have to keep retucking in my clothing.
Bah-Bah-Boom!

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Sizing is rough. I'm a proper 44 waist and I have the VTAC Brokos in the largest size and it's a bit small for my fat ass....but you make it work. It really depends on how much belt you want showing outside the webbing. The cutaway feature is really nice and you don't value it until you need it. Like most things, things that cost more usually have features you don't see elsewhere.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Downtown
DOWNTOWN TACTICAL OWNER

Post by Downtown » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:24 pm

I wear a condor battle belt and I love it. I have a coyote tan one here waiting for a new home.

I wear a medium as I have a 34/36 waist. The large will easily work for your 38 waist.
TEAM LEADER - Blacksheep Airsoft(MN)
MAA Member Number: 5
OPERATION LION CLAWS SUPPORTER
OP: Northern Light CO
OP: The Ohio Project CO

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:08 am

thentantt wrote:
bikemancs wrote:HSGI fits me perfectly fine. You just have to order the right size.
I really like the design and fitting of the HSGI but i just don't know if im willing to spend that much for a battle belt
check their website and keep an eye on their facebook. they sell "less than perfect" every once in a while.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 am

I love my HSGI battle belt. I wear one of their riggers belts everyday as my work belt.

My only issue is that I was a bit between sizes and probably should go up a size because mine is a bit short. It still fits and I can wear it, it just doesnt wrap all the way. Also, spring for the cobra buckles. Worth every penny.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Return to “Gear Discussion”