Revision Desert Locus Fan

Tactical Gear Discussion, Advice, & Questions.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

thentantt
MAA Member

Revision Desert Locus Fan

Post by thentantt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:43 am

I swear i thought i saw something like this before.
Any who i sweat alot....like alot....i don't know how to express how much i sweat, but i tried everything from bandanas to open vents and nothing seems to work.
Right now im using Save Phace and they're holding up pretty well with the thermo lens but the issue with the SP is that its a mask and i can't aim. So im looking into investing on a pair of revisions after my taxes, my biggest question is that are they worth the 149.99? will they last? are they reliable? im just worried that ill buy a pair of 149.99 goggles and ill still have the same issue.

So if anyone here has one please let me know how the are! Thanks!!
Bah-Bah-Boom!

Bunny
MAA Member

Re: Revision Desert Locus Fan

Post by Bunny » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:09 pm

Are you set on getting Revisions? The ESS Turbofans are very popular and very well regarded, and they come with an integrated fan. Pair them with a mesh facemask when you want full face and you should solve all your problems.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:27 pm

Bunny wrote:Are you set on getting Revisions? The ESS Turbofans are very popular and very well regarded, and they come with an integrated fan. Pair them with a mesh facemask when you want full face and you should solve all your problems.

Clark
I was just looking online didn't see those but I'll check them out thanks!
Bah-Bah-Boom!

deathmatch782

Post by deathmatch782 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:53 pm

I have the Revision Desert Locust fan and like them. I haven't tried the ESS ever.
Purchased it because it was on sale with the RX insert.

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:14 pm

deathmatch782 wrote:I have the Revision Desert Locust fan and like them. I haven't tried the ESS ever.
Purchased it because it was on sale with the RX insert.
From my understanding there isn't foam around the rim on the face. Does that affect comfort for yoy?
Bah-Bah-Boom!

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:49 pm

I've handled pretty much all of the goggles with factory fans made by the larger goggle/eye-wear companies (ESS, Revision, Oakley, etc.), though I've only ever used the ESS Turbofans, and to me they're all about the same. I say just go with whichever one is on sale and you'll probably be fine.

That said, If you wanted to double up with both a fan and thermal lenses, ESS is no longer producing their thermal lenses and they are very difficult to track down.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:08 pm

Touchette wrote:I've handled pretty much all of the goggles with factory fans made by the larger goggle/eye-wear companies (ESS, Revision, Oakley, etc.), though I've only ever used the ESS Turbofans, and to me they're all about the same. I say just go with whichever one is on sale and you'll probably be fine.

That said, If you wanted to double up with both a fan and thermal lenses, ESS is no longer producing their thermal lenses and they are very difficult to track down.
I do like the ESS and from my understanding the fan can be quite loud, do you have an option on that? Also I do like the ESS because of the price being almost 50 buck cheaper but with what you said about the thermo would it really matter if I were to get both? I mean would the fan be enough for the fogging?
Bah-Bah-Boom!

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:33 pm

depends on how bad you're fogging if the fan itself will work.

I never really noticed the ESS fan. I ran them for a while before I stopped playing regularly.

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:35 am

bikemancs wrote:depends on how bad you're fogging if the fan itself will work.

I never really noticed the ESS fan. I ran them for a while before I stopped playing regularly.
My only issue is that I have a big head so comfort is a big concern. I like the ESS because of the foam and feel like it'll be better against my hugecranium lol
Bah-Bah-Boom!

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:42 am

I highly doubt you are larger than mine, and I never had any issues. Most ESS are also designed to go around helmets too.

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:58 am

bikemancs wrote:I highly doubt you are larger than mine, and I never had any issues. Most ESS are also designed to go around helmets too.
Haha alright well that being said I'll see if i can find some locally, other wise whatever i find for the best price online ill pick those up.
Bah-Bah-Boom!

QC Discus

Post by QC Discus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:06 pm

I to sweat like a PIG ! I have gone thru literally 6 different type and manufactures goggles.
I am currently running the Revision Desert Locus fan goggles and while they work perfectly when moving I still get fogging ( bad ) when sitting on ambush .
I have tried every players anti-fog I can get. Even tried coating eye brows and eye lids with Vaseline. Nothing works .
I have received my new Thermal lenses and in 15 days will be trying them out. But with the weather to only be around 55F it will not be a true test as we generally play in summer temps of 85F+.

As to them NOT having foam. True but the rubber rim is very comfortable. One of the most comfortable goggles I have tried.
Was going to mesh but our team has banned them , I can not try out my new mash goggles !
And yes I wear prescription glasses , and have the inserts . Love that !
Meister Glock17 - Echo1 AK47 - A&K M16A1 - A&K MK43 - A&K Dragunov - Swis Arms SIG Sauer 552 - KJW 1911A1 - A&K MK42 - A&K 1892 - APS 110

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:05 pm

QC - Is it the insert lens or the goggle lens that fogs? I know I have issues everyone once and a while with my insert lens fogging a little, though that usually only when I'm using my non-fan goggles.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Return to “Gear Discussion”