The many makers of multicam bdus

Tactical Gear Discussion, Advice, & Questions.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Magkill
A Regular

The many makers of multicam bdus

Post by Magkill » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Is this set of multicam clothes any good? Of course in terms of quality and durability.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-USGI-Mu ... 3a860bbac8
Code name: magkill

Team: Task Force Pallaton

Weapon of choice g&g gr-25

Touchette
MAA Member

Re: The many makers of multicam bdus

Post by Touchette » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:01 pm

If they are actually the issued ones, you're good to go.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Magkill,

An FYI: "BDU" is a style of uniform, as is "ACU". The patterns are woodland, 3-Color Desert, ACUPAT (Army digitial), OCP (aka Multi-Cam).

BDUs are the older cut of uniform with no velcro and 4 pockets on the front of the jacket, ACU has the velcro, zipper, shoulder pockets, etc... Only reason I bring this up is if you go to some sites, like Propper.com, and look up BDUs, you can get multi-Cam BDU cut uniforms vs ACU cut uniforms.

That being said, the NSN tags and clothing labels look correct on the ebay auction, I would say they are probably genuine issue. I would need to see the other tags (the big ones that should have a PEO Soldier logo on them now) and the IR tabs on the shoulder pocket flaps to confirm.

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:44 am

PM MasterTCAA he has multicam in his shop locally.
BTDT got the T shirt, sweatpants and disability check.

b_rik
MAA Member

Post by b_rik » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:20 pm

bikemancs wrote:Magkill,

An FYI: "BDU" is a style of uniform, as is "ACU". The patterns are woodland, 3-Color Desert, ACUPAT (Army digitial), OCP (aka Multi-Cam).

BDUs are the older cut of uniform with no velcro and 4 pockets on the front of the jacket, ACU has the velcro, zipper, shoulder pockets, etc... Only reason I bring this up is if you go to some sites, like Propper.com, and look up BDUs, you can get multi-Cam BDU cut uniforms vs ACU cut uniforms.

That being said, the NSN tags and clothing labels look correct on the ebay auction, I would say they are probably genuine issue. I would need to see the other tags (the big ones that should have a PEO Soldier logo on them now) and the IR tabs on the shoulder pocket flaps to confirm.
The current uniform pattern is UCP- Universal Camouflage Pattern, (maybe in supply it's ACUPAT??)

The pattern the army is talking of switching to, barring a single pattern for all service branches is; OCP- Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern
MAA Member 61, BATC 04-07.

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:13 pm

b-rik,

I've seen it referred to as both UCP and ACUPAT, I saw UCP in reference with the "UCP-D" testing, but I don't often see it referred to as UCP now.

And while we're about 95% sure that we're going to OCP, the comment by the SMA was "something similar to OCP", and yes, I saw the contract for a few million more dollars worth of Multi-Cam from Crye, but the source I saw didn't value it as high enough for everybody to adapt. And I doubt that all services are going to one uniform (it was one senator one time). The Marines will keep theirs. Navy's (blue/blackgrey) actually makes sense for the boats, hides oil and grease; field wise I think they will either stick with the Marines or go with the Army's choice. I don't think their green one is going to last long outside of SOCOM/SeaBees. USAF just does whatever, even though I can see them falling in line with whatever the Army decides. USCG just wears whatever they are given. They were wearing DCUs during my time in Iraq, while the Navy was mainly wearing ACUs.

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 pm

I see "UCP" more frequently than any other label these days, at least when interacting with someone who knows more than to call it just "ACU." For a while "ARPAT" was used a few places too, not sure what the origins of that is. I certainly don't have the authority or knowledge of bike or b_rik though.

It seems that calling the pattern ACU was fine and dandy for a while until people started making ACU cut uniforms in other camo patterns, and then everything went to hell.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:32 am

Bunny wrote:
It seems that calling the pattern ACU was fine and dandy for a while until people started making ACU cut uniforms in other camo patterns, and then everything went to hell.

Clark
Way too true. Lol I was looking for ucp or the stuff the army uses and I could never find it because well multicam was more used, but of course I didn't know that at the time because I was only 12 and had no experience with camos before and I had no Idea who wore what.

What company's call the stuff right? I know a lot to all camo makers for the military call it what it really is but does true spec, proper and other company's call it by what it really is? Yes I know true spec and proper make camos for military personnel as well.
Code name: magkill

Team: Task Force Pallaton

Weapon of choice g&g gr-25

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:36 pm

Multi-cam (a.k.a. OCP) is the cammo pattern. The CUT of the uniform will vary BDU, ACU, etc.

There are nearly as many cuts of uniform as there are cammo patterns.
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Return to “Gear Discussion”