Introducing HANN Banger Clips!

Tactical Gear Discussion, Advice, & Questions.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

K9Troop
MS40 Rangers

Introducing HANN Banger Clips!

Post by K9Troop » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 pm

I wanted a multipurpose and functional system that could be easily manipulated with gloved hands for rapid deployment and stowage with a price point that appealed to our hobby. I believe we’ve created just that and I’m proud to introduce the HANN Banger Clip!

Genesis: Every pouch I’ve used never fit cylindrical airsoft implements quite right due to the different dimensions and shapes from their real steel counterparts. Either too big or too small, I wanted a purpose built platform for this aspect of our hobby. I approached a friend of mine with this idea after I had seen a different variation online. After a few different prototypes we settled on the below design.

Construction: The Clip is MOLLE/PALS and belt friendly with the use of the included Tactical Tailor MALICE clip made of injection molded plastic. The “L” bracket is formed from .8 thick Kydex while the clip portion is formed in .93 thick Kydex. The additional thickness in the clip portion allows for that tell tale Kydex “Click”. Additionally, forming from the added thickness compensates for stretching that will occur, even from heat molded plastic.

Functionality: The HANN Banger Clip is capable of receiving anything from AI Tornado Grenades to any variation of the Thunder B shells.

Testing: I’ve had the Tornado and Thunder B in these pictures clipped in for well over 3 weeks and there hasn’t been any loss of retention. The clip holding the tornado has stretched to the circumference and held, same with the Thunder B. In addition, I’ve logged over 8 miles hiking and running outdoors and in with these attached to my PC. I also navigated a military grade obstacle course in 4 separate evolutions without incident. I’m happy to report that no amount of bumping, rolling, jostling or slapping resulted in unintentional release.

Price and Availability: The first batch is hot off the line and will be available at the MAA member sales table for $15 ea. during the Minnesota Airsoft Convention!

Last edited by K9Troop on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MS40 Rangers
MAA Member #57
BATC Honor Grad 04-06
American Made Soul-jah

Rabid-Weasel
MAA Member

Re: Introducing HANN Banger Clips!

Post by Rabid-Weasel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Nice job, I will be picking one or two up.
Jim
~BATC Grad 05-10
~MAA Member #91

Elvis
MAA Member

Post by Elvis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Nicely done. I'm never surprised by the ingenuity of fellow MAA members.
Elvis
FORT Team
MAA Member #41
BATC Graduate - 03/05

Larzon
A Regular

Post by Larzon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:38 pm

If it fits a tornado would it possibly for a 20oz Mtn Dew? I love the concept and it would blend good with the interior of my blazer
Kid at CP- Dude you should totaly call your hits!
Me- Dude I was totaly totaly taking pictures.
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." -C.S. Lewis-

K9Troop
MS40 Rangers

Post by K9Troop » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Larzon wrote:If it fits a tornado would it possibly for a 20oz Mtn Dew? I love the concept and it would blend good with the interior of my blazer
Unfortunately, due to the lack of rigidity (squishiness) of a pop bottle once the pressure is released it wont hold. It was a great thought so I ran to the fridge and tried it! If you're looking for something custom like this, shoot me a PM and let me know, tacticoozy?
MS40 Rangers
MAA Member #57
BATC Honor Grad 04-06
American Made Soul-jah

CLEDUS
Extremely Regular

Post by CLEDUS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:00 pm

I want... no, NEED... one of these. Airsoft convention?

K9Troop
MS40 Rangers

Post by K9Troop » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 am

CLEDUS wrote:I want... no, NEED... one of these. Airsoft convention?
You betcha, they'll be at the MAA member sales table at the AirCon!
MS40 Rangers
MAA Member #57
BATC Honor Grad 04-06
American Made Soul-jah

Ellusion
Somewhat Regular

Post by Ellusion » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:41 am

These look great! Awesome job!

Larzon
A Regular

Post by Larzon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:28 pm

K9Troop wrote:
Larzon wrote:If it fits a tornado would it possibly for a 20oz Mtn Dew? I love the concept and it would blend good with the interior of my blazer
Unfortunately, due to the lack of rigidity (squishiness) of a pop bottle once the pressure is released it wont hold. It was a great thought so I ran to the fridge and tried it! If you're looking for something custom like this, shoot me a PM and let me know, tacticoozy?
I would have to figure out where to mount it to. Plus I would have to make sure it holds the pop good because I like to do a little off roading
Kid at CP- Dude you should totaly call your hits!
Me- Dude I was totaly totaly taking pictures.
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." -C.S. Lewis-

K9Troop
MS40 Rangers

Post by K9Troop » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Larzon wrote:I would have to figure out where to mount it to. Plus I would have to make sure it holds the pop good because I like to do a little off roading
No worries
MS40 Rangers
MAA Member #57
BATC Honor Grad 04-06
American Made Soul-jah

CLEDUS
Extremely Regular

Post by CLEDUS » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Picked one up at the aircon. Awesome fit! Can't wait to try it on the field.

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:06 am

Personally I don't own any grenades, but I took a look at these at the con and I am quite impressed by the design and the quality.
MAA Membership Officer
I was born to be a pessimist... my blood type is "B-Negative"
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

K9Troop
MS40 Rangers

Post by K9Troop » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm

CLEDUS wrote:Picked one up at the aircon. Awesome fit! Can't wait to try it on the field.
And we're interested in your feedback as well! The initial launch of the HANN Banger Clips was awesome, I sold out of my first batch in a little under 2 hours and the response at the CON was great! I met with my partner this morning and he's already started on the second round having punched out another 20 over the weekend. Stay tuned on how to order outside of F2F and we look forward to hearing from all those that purchased one on Saturday.
MS40 Rangers
MAA Member #57
BATC Honor Grad 04-06
American Made Soul-jah

K9Troop
MS40 Rangers

Post by K9Troop » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:39 pm

With feedback and field testing from players, HANN has introduced the Gen 3 Banger Clip. It adds improved shock cord, shock cord retention notch and a slimmer back plate design. Be sure to pick one up from either OpFor Airsoft or Airsoft Station, your local MN retailers!

Thanks to MNairsoft1 for the great review, hook up your local youtuber and throw him some views, see below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xGXWIPqd2Q
MS40 Rangers
MAA Member #57
BATC Honor Grad 04-06
American Made Soul-jah

Return to “Gear Discussion”