Gear loadouts: Pics, Details, and Discussion

Tactical Gear Discussion, Advice, & Questions.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Miker
MAA Member

Re: Gear loadouts: Pics, Details, and Discussion

Post by Miker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:35 pm

It isn't safe to carry a lethal weapon onto the field... There is no need for a knife on the field.

friend 0f god93
Somewhat Regular

Post by friend 0f god93 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 am

Miker wrote:It isn't safe to carry a lethal weapon onto the field... There is no need for a knife on the field.

read the post.... i said that, however... knives do come in handy in the staging area.... and in all honesty, how dangerous is a sheathed, clipped in knife on the field.... it only depends on the player.... if they can leave it alone during the game...

And ibleedbullets its to be expected, Archangels player evolution post is dead on.... there in the have no patience for the newer generation stage... lol :P....
but honestly, i find the constructive criticism useful... i have learned alot from such posts in the past year.... found i was wrong on so many things... i think it only helps me to improve/evolve in the sport...
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. -- 1Corinthians 13:11
Pray for peace,Train for war.

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:29 am

friend 0f god93 wrote: i find the constructive criticism useful... i have learned alot from such posts in the past year.... found i was wrong on so many things... i think it only helps me to improve/evolve in the sport...
Stop ending every little thing with "..." that is not how you end every sentence or fragment. It's also very, very annoying to read... :oops:
BTDT got the T shirt, sweatpants and disability check.

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:31 am

I feel like I'm reading like the William Shatner Kirk spoke.
MAA Membership Officer
I was born to be a pessimist... my blood type is "B-Negative"
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:59 am

The knife thing is dependent on what your carrying. If you are using it as a utility tool to help with things like field repairs or other things then thats fine, but you don't need a 6+ inch fixed blade knife for that. My recommendation, get a "decent" multitool. Most of them come with a little pouch you can keep it in on your vest or belt and on top of the knife also has other tools inside that are inherently useful. I carry my leatherman on my vest all the time and it has come in very handy.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:50 am

ibleedbullets wrote:I find it interesting that whenever someone under the age of 30 posts something, they are immediately targeted by older members as being "young, foolish, and stupid." Just my perception
You do realize that Dewk is only 21, right? Age is less to do with why some posts are targeted than the intelligible manner in which it was posted does, it also correlates that those posts are many times "young, foolish, and stupid".
friend 0f god93 wrote:read the post.... i said that, however... knives do come in handy in the staging area.... and in all honesty, how dangerous is a sheathed, clipped in knife on the field.... it only depends on the player.... if they can leave it alone during the game...
I think Miker was actually responding more to bullets' comment than yours FoG. It sounds like you probably leave it in staging anyway, but gear malfunctions happen all the time and it's just seen as an unnecessary risk to carry such a large fixed-blade weapon on the field when a smaller folder or multi-tool will most likely suffice. Don't forget to look into picking up some mid-cap mags if you will be attending any larger more mil-sim/specialized games/ops, and I'd also invest in a set of woodland and DCU uniforms for those same game.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Dew Key (Dewk)
MAA Member

Post by Dew Key (Dewk) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Miker wrote:It isn't safe to carry a lethal weapon onto the field... There is no need for a knife on the field.
This is what I was getting at with my post. I completely agree with Miker on this. Though I wan't sure what he was going to do with the knife so I asked before I assumed. In the end, it sounds like he doesn't carry it onto the play field and just uses it in staging. Which, to me at least is acceptable.

To carry on what Touchette said, it is true that I am 21, and I don't believe a persons age has anything to do with whom I question, only the persons maturity. Now I am NOT saying that FoG is immature or anything of the sort. All I can say is that I do not know him well enough to know his maturity level, thus the questions begin. It also sounds like Ibleedbullets is jumping the gun before getting the full picture. If something you post has been questioned, there is a damn good reason for it. Your best bet is consider why your post is coming into question, and fix the problem your self before asking why, or blowing up in anger.
MAA #95
Member of Team Vendetta
BA BA BLACK SHEEP
Delta Milsim Group Probationary Member
Warrior Level 1
BATC 10/11 Grad

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:07 pm

The MAA strongly discourages the carrying of fixed blade knifes on the field. Folding knifes and multitools are acceptable.

Let's all get back on topic and talk about gear please. :D

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

Erik
MAA Member

Post by Erik » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Bunny wrote:The MAA strongly discourages the carrying of fixed blade knifes on the field. Folding knifes and multitools are acceptable.
Actually, fixed blade edged weapons are PROHIBITED on MAA fields. Folders and multitools, used for utility purposes, are okay.

It's in the Safety Manual.

MAA Safety Manual, 2nd Edition
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

friend 0f god93
Somewhat Regular

Post by friend 0f god93 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 am

well, i do plan on getting a bunch of midcaps. I just had only 1 mag and figures that for the same price i might as well get more bang for my buck.
Because carrying 1,000 rounds onto the field is quite useful, but i do want midcaps. I brought that up with my friends the last time we played, it just sounds like it would be alot of fun if the ammunition count was realistic instead of a 400rd mag, which is totally unrealistic even for a belt fed weapon.
It would chainge the whole game i think, it would really drop the amount of spray n pray players because they would be out of ammo in no time.

and on the gear thing, id like to get a set of Multicam gear, it seems like it would preform well in every enviornment
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. -- 1Corinthians 13:11

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:54 am

Personally I think the first mag every new player should get is a high cap. When you are just starting out, as FoG93 just said, it's more bang for your buck. I hate the Milsim queens who harp on high caps. If I get a chance to use them you bet your ass I will.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am

friend 0f god93 wrote:well, i do plan on getting a bunch of midcaps. I just had only 1 mag and figures that for the same price i might as well get more bang for my buck.
Because carrying 1,000 rounds onto the field is quite useful, but i do want midcaps. I brought that up with my friends the last time we played, it just sounds like it would be alot of fun if the ammunition count was realistic instead of a 400rd mag, which is totally unrealistic even for a belt fed weapon.
It would chainge the whole game i think, it would really drop the amount of spray n pray players because they would be out of ammo in no time.

and on the gear thing, id like to get a set of Multicam gear, it seems like it would preform well in every enviornment
The gear you get relies heavily on the type of games you're going to play at what venues, and the look you're going for. If you'll never do mil-sim games, then midcaps, woodland/DCU may not necessarily be as good of an investment.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Dew Key (Dewk)
MAA Member

Post by Dew Key (Dewk) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:45 am

The reason Touchette suggested either woodland or DCU's is because most large OP's and milsim events require players to where one or the other to set teams.
MAA #95
Member of Team Vendetta
BA BA BLACK SHEEP
Delta Milsim Group Probationary Member
Warrior Level 1
BATC 10/11 Grad

friend 0f god93
Somewhat Regular

Post by friend 0f god93 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Dew Key (Dewk) wrote:The reason Touchette suggested either woodland or DCU's is because most large OP's and milsim events require players to where one or the other to set teams.
well thats an interesting piece of knowledge that until now i didnt posses. Weird, but i suppose it makes sense

Daytonairsofter

Post by Daytonairsofter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm

friend 0f god93 wrote:Because carrying 1,000 rounds onto the field is quite useful, but i do want midcaps. I brought that up with my friends the last time we played, it just sounds like it would be alot of fun if the ammunition count was realistic instead of a 400rd mag, which is totally unrealistic even for a belt fed weapon.
Just wait until the day you consider a support weapon, 3500 + rounds doesnt sound too bad when you need to put heads down! Id never consider getting a midcap or real cap for my MK43, or any support weapon, just because you fly through ammo when you start seeing your weapon making people duck, and reloading a MK43 takes a good minute usually! Am I right support gunners?

friend 0f god93
Somewhat Regular

Post by friend 0f god93 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:23 am

Daytonairsofter wrote:
friend 0f god93 wrote:Because carrying 1,000 rounds onto the field is quite useful, but i do want midcaps. I brought that up with my friends the last time we played, it just sounds like it would be alot of fun if the ammunition count was realistic instead of a 400rd mag, which is totally unrealistic even for a belt fed weapon.
Just wait until the day you consider a support weapon, 3500 + rounds doesnt sound too bad when you need to put heads down! Id never consider getting a midcap or real cap for my MK43, or any support weapon, just because you fly through ammo when you start seeing your weapon making people duck, and reloading a MK43 takes a good minute usually! Am I right support gunners?
^ i know, thats why i run high caps. Im just saying the ocasional mid cap only game would be sweet. Because then it would be more realistic in the aspect that you cant run n gun for a whole our and still have plenty of ammo. I dont know about you, but im not sure if i could carry a 1,000+ rds of 5.56 ammo. not to mention you couldnt fit that many loaded mags on your person, i suppose you could fill a backpack and all. Its just the thought of realism, but yes i do prefer highcaps

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:57 am

There are games out there that will do midcaps, or even standards only. IIRC, the game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned was mids and lows only. Oh, and you couldnt bring any bags onto the field, and no reloads during the 2-4 hour scenarios (ie no going to your car to reload). The premise was great, but there was a failure in execution on the planners part.

However, it also lead to some ridiculous load outs. I think I ended up with something like 32 mags. 8 of which were on my leg alone. (2 BHI panels, 4 each)

ibleedbullets
Still A Newbie

Post by ibleedbullets » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:03 am

Midcaps are great; you do run into the problem of not only capacity, but also jamming. If you the spring is not fully worked in and you have a jam, that mag becomes useless. I highly doubt anyone carries an unjamming rod with them onto the field, otherwise that problem would be easily remedied

andre
MAA Member

Post by andre » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:07 am

ibleedbullets wrote:Midcaps are great; you do run into the problem of not only capacity, but also jamming. If you the spring is not fully worked in and you have a jam, that mag becomes useless.
The number of times I've had mids jam is considerably less then the number of times where I've had a high-cap come unwound, jam, or just fail.
MAA member # 93,BATC Grad 05-10, Gun fighter level 1
http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com : Russian 198th Rifle Div.
Hero of The Soviet Union
Lion Claws veteran
Looking forward to the next MNSOC game.

Miker
MAA Member

Post by Miker » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:32 am

andre wrote:
ibleedbullets wrote:Midcaps are great; you do run into the problem of not only capacity, but also jamming. If you the spring is not fully worked in and you have a jam, that mag becomes useless.
The number of times I've had mids jam is considerably less then the number of times where I've had a high-cap come unwound, jam, or just fail.
Same here.. I have never had a midcap issue, while even nice hi-caps can be finicky.

friend 0f god93
Somewhat Regular

Post by friend 0f god93 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:04 am

I have not had 1 highcap malfunction with my m15, however my G36c's highcap was CRAP.... it jammed every game leaving me stuck untill i could get it to feed again

ibleedbullets
Still A Newbie

Post by ibleedbullets » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:09 am

I guess I can understand where you guys come from when it comes to mags. I suppose it really boils down to how tight your magwell is. Highcaps like to act up in tight magwells (found that out today)

thetaco
Exceptionally Regular

Post by thetaco » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:47 am

ibleedbullets wrote:I guess I can understand where you guys come from when it comes to mags. I suppose it really boils down to how tight your magwell is. Highcaps like to act up in tight magwells (found that out today)

I dont think magwell fit has anything to do with it. The quality of the mag is what decides the functionality. JG and AEG brand high caps are generally not that great, though you may once in awhile get ones that last. Higher quality ones, like what are included with G&Ps and other high quality brands will perform better.

With the high cap part aside, I would highly recommend midcaps. Not just cause im a mid cap kind of guy, but because not only are they cost effective (30 bucks for a highcap, compared to a $40 box of midcaps, which hold generally 4-8, depending on the gun.), but they are almost always a requirement for large Ops (such as Breedland and Irene).
"Courage isn't that you can see what lies ahead; courage means you will advance not knowing but doing at all costs."
Byron Pulsifer

ibleedbullets
Still A Newbie

Post by ibleedbullets » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 pm

thetaco wrote:
ibleedbullets wrote:I guess I can understand where you guys come from when it comes to mags. I suppose it really boils down to how tight your magwell is. Highcaps like to act up in tight magwells (found that out today)

I dont think magwell fit has anything to do with it. The quality of the mag is what decides the functionality. JG and AEG brand high caps are generally not that great, though you may once in awhile get ones that last. Higher quality ones, like what are included with G&Ps and other high quality brands will perform better.

With the high cap part aside, I would highly recommend midcaps. Not just cause im a mid cap kind of guy, but because not only are they cost effective (30 bucks for a highcap, compared to a $40 box of midcaps, which hold generally 4-8, depending on the gun.), but they are almost always a requirement for large Ops (such as Breedland and Irene).
I never thought of that. The mag in question was probably a holy cow special as i don't even know what company it is

thetaco
Exceptionally Regular

Post by thetaco » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:24 pm

Good to hear bullets.

But hey, how about we get back on topic? the last 20 or so posts haven't been about gear, and i miss seeing things i cant afford myself. :D
"Courage isn't that you can see what lies ahead; courage means you will advance not knowing but doing at all costs."
Byron Pulsifer

MarineAirsoft

Post by MarineAirsoft » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Fatal wrote:New little project I'm working on.
Looks like a Ferro 6094 AOR 1. I just got mine and i will post a picture soon once I get the rest of the pouches I ordered.

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 pm

MarineAirsoft wrote:Looks like a Ferro 6094 AOR 1. I just got mine and i will post a picture soon once I get the rest of the pouches I ordered.
His is real...from what I'm hearing AOR1 stuff is getting cheaper and easier to find while AOR2 is the new hot item.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Shodan
MAA Member

Post by Shodan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:59 pm

The chest rig I scored at the swap meet, with a couple pouches out of various people's dollar bins. I have no idea what make/model it is, so somebody else could ID it I guess.
BATC Grad 5-09
"Youthinkthisisafkkingame DUDE?!?"

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 am

Diamondback / Battle Lab is what it looks like to me.

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Plate carrier I use for drill. I'd like to use it for airsoft but I haven't played in about a year.

Mailman
Extremely Regular

Post by Mailman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Fatal, whats that blue chip looking thing on your rig 3rd picture down?
BATC 5-10 Honor Grad
The most dangerous weapon in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass.

Mailman
Extremely Regular

Post by Mailman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:27 pm

re post sorry :?
BATC 5-10 Honor Grad
The most dangerous weapon in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass.

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:33 pm

IR V-lite.

Gill
MAA Member

Post by Gill » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:44 am

Never posted my rig in this. So:

HSGI Woosatch Plate Carrier
4 x Condor Double Shingles
Condor Gadget Pouch
Condor Backpack Hydration Carrier
G&P One-Point Sling

Simple, but it works for me.
Last edited by Gill on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BATC Grad 10-11.
MAA Member #97
BANGARANG.

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Looks good Gill, looking to get the Wasatch/Weesatch soon myself... just spent too much money recently so it'll have to wait for a while.
MAA Membership Officer
I was born to be a pessimist... my blood type is "B-Negative"
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Gill
MAA Member

Post by Gill » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:06 pm

J-Muss wrote:Looks good Gill, looking to get the Wasatch/Weesatch soon myself... just spent too much money recently so it'll have to wait for a while.
They're solid rigs as well. I like the Woosatch because it doesn't have the integrated pouches, so it's all modular. But that's just me.
BATC Grad 10-11.
MAA Member #97
BANGARANG.

Elvis
MAA Member

Post by Elvis » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:28 am

My new Brit kit. Most of it anyway.

Desert DPM UBACS

Osprey Body Armor with 2 mag pouches, IFAK pouch and desert DPM Camelbak

Mk 6 helmet

Trousers are on the way, I got the helmet scrim in the mail today.

Now I just need to pony up and order that L85 from Guges...
Last edited by Elvis on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elvis
FORT Team
MAA Member #41
BATC Graduate - 03/05

Downtown
DOWNTOWN TACTICAL OWNER

Post by Downtown » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 am

AWESOME!

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Post by Dark_zero_x » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Dude, that is awesome.
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

Downtown
DOWNTOWN TACTICAL OWNER

Post by Downtown » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Fleet Farm has an awesome selection of British Desert Camo. I picked up a LARGE Combat Shirt and it is HUGE! I should have picked up a medium instead.

Elvis
MAA Member

Post by Elvis » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Damn, I wish I had known that. I ordered all my stuff from the UK. Oh well... :?
Elvis
FORT Team
MAA Member #41
BATC Graduate - 03/05

Rabid-Weasel
MAA Member

Post by Rabid-Weasel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Downtown wrote:Fleet Farm has an awesome selection of British Desert Camo. I picked up a LARGE Combat Shirt and it is HUGE! I should have picked up a medium instead.
Very interesting, I will be heading there tomorrow.

Where did you get that helmet netting????? I need something to break up the tan on my replica OPS Core base jump and that looks cool.
Jim
~BATC Grad 05-10
~MAA Member #91

Irish
MAA Member

Post by Irish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

I going too. Didn't know they have UK stuff!
AKA "The Predicament"
T.O.C.
I love this game.
LIKE us on facebook
Hustle Loyalty Respect

Elvis
MAA Member

Post by Elvis » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Elvis
FORT Team
MAA Member #41
BATC Graduate - 03/05

Downtown
DOWNTOWN TACTICAL OWNER

Post by Downtown » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:42 pm

I have a list of suppliers from the Cold Stream Guard (IL Team). They are getting their uniforms from the actual cold stream guards. I will provide ya a link Elvis.

14.95 for the New Combat Shirt at Fleet Farm
$4.95 for a New or used Jacket
$24.95 for a brand new cold weather jacket in British Desert.

No pants thought (at least at the one I was at).

elonaman
Exceedingly Regular

Post by elonaman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Check out sportsmans guide too. They have a massive selection of brit gear and uniforms.
You can get combat shirts in desert dpm for $10 and molle gear for cheap too.
E loan ah man= Elonaman
Insert witty comment here ( )

Elvis
MAA Member

Post by Elvis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 pm

I checked out most of the US sites, most were out of stock or didn't really have what I was looking for. So, I ended up buying everything from eBay or sites in the UK.
Elvis
FORT Team
MAA Member #41
BATC Graduate - 03/05

forcefed
Still A Newbie

Post by forcefed » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Here are a couple of my rigs.

The first is my Eagle Industries/SKD Universal rig. It is in Coyote brown and I can carry 10 M4 mags and 4 pistol mags. Has a small admin pouch on the inside of the rig and a small mesh pocket against your chest when you are wearing it. This one has a padded x-harness on it. I love this rig for playing at the Facility.

Next up is my LBT 2586A in Multicam. I really like this rig for the lightweight and, when I get the rest of the mag pouches for it I will be able to carry a few more mags. Currently I can only carry 4 in the built in pouches, but this panel has lots of webbing on it so I can add quite a bit more stuff to it. Also on the rig is an LBT radio pouch. This one has a fully adjustable H-harness on it and sits very nicely.

Last is my Mayflower APC in Coyote brown. I have 4 Eagle double mag pouches in Multicam. Also I have an HSGI small EOD pouch for carrying small bits on the field. I can carry extra batteries, speed loader, dead rag, extra mag, BB's or many other misc things. I am waiting on a LBT 33oz hydro and bladder carrier for the back. I am also going to be getting a radio pouch and other Comm gear for it. This thing is super light even though it is a plate carrier, which is another reason I really like it.

AKA: Gooch (any questions, ask Tiny)

C-BASS
Fairly Regular

Post by C-BASS » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:14 am

Do want.
Follow me!

PxRxSxRx
Almost A Regular

Post by PxRxSxRx » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Here's my current loadout until I get my Dboys M4 working again or order a new primary (whichever comes first). I've got some other vests and camo laying around but this is what I'm using while it's nice and green where we play.

Here's what's in the picture:
Tony Hawk Elbow Pads, AO Safety R5700 Respirator Mask, Black Balaclava, FSBE Style Plate Carrier, OD Digital Custom Camo Upper, MCX - Combat Gloves by CamelBak, Boony Hat (dyed to match plate carrier), UTG M3-Full Stock Shotgun, Fidragon Left Handed Drop Holster, KJW Sig Sauer P229, Tony Hawk Knee Pads, Multitool Pouch, Tan Belt, OD Digital Custom Camo Pant and Supply Pouch (from plalte carrier). Somehow my safety glasses didn't make it in the photo, but I use different ones depending on the environment and/or sun so whatever.

I'd label everything on the photo itself but I'm feeling rather lazy at the moment and don't really feel like going back into the photo editor for fear it will consume me for hours editing photos, lol.
yepseeya!
Lukas Wallace
V.P. Creative - OWN RISK clothing, LLC

Return to “Gear Discussion”