Question about Patches

Tactical Gear Discussion, Advice, & Questions.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Pvtlee11b
Extremely Regular

Re: Question about Patches

Post by Pvtlee11b » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 pm

My opinion if you have not earned them dont wear them. Even though i have been in the army for 3 years I dont throw on patches and badges that i have not earned myself, and I believe it to be extremely disrespectful to be putting on patches and wearing US Army badges if you have never served even if you are trying to reenact.
HHC 1/34 BCT
"Men, this stuff we hear about America wanting to stay out of the war, not wanting to fight, is a lot of bullshit. Americans love to fight - traditionally. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle"
~General George S. Patton

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Whoa, he was just asking about name tapes.
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Pvtlee11b
Extremely Regular

Post by Pvtlee11b » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:35 pm

well i was bringing back to the original question
HHC 1/34 BCT
"Men, this stuff we hear about America wanting to stay out of the war, not wanting to fight, is a lot of bullshit. Americans love to fight - traditionally. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle"

Sgt Chase
A Regular

Post by Sgt Chase » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:13 pm

The Nametapes. Can be acceptable to a degree. Granted there have been a few times where I have had my Tac Vest placed in a pile of alot of similar ones. Only way I distingished it from the rest was the Name tape I had put on it. And also when the Senario's get into the hundreds they can help Identify who you are so they can call you by your last name so you know you are being talked to.

But as a point with the badges and patches. The only time they would be acceptable is in a Unit required senario. But still you have to limit it and don't Sew the patch on. But velcro it on so you can take it off when the senario is finished. I play with half a dozen current members of the Armed Forces. And when they play. There is no patches or anything to say I am in the Military. I have patches. But I never use them because they are Patches Handed down to me from my Grandfather. I hold great respect to them. Carelessly having Patches on your Uniform. Doesn't show proper respect to the men and women who earn them.
Where there is war. There is death. With Death comes Sacrifice. With Sacrifice comes Victory.

Hey need a few thousand rounds in a posistion lemme know. I will knock the walls down.

Kooter
Somewhat Regular

Post by Kooter » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:46 am

What about Law Enforcement patches?
If you haven't got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then your just an old sour fart!

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

Post by Shady-Cadence » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:51 pm

You were there, you earned it. I doubt you even need the "Vet" on there. I seriously doubt anyone here would have any problems with that.

And thank you for your service to our country. 8)
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:20 pm

As far as I am concerned, you should have earned a patch to be able to wear it, but different types of patches require different things:

Name Tapes: Your name is your name, I don't think you need to have been in the military to have the right to wear your name on your gear. These are totally acceptable to me.

Flags: I wear a US flag on my uniform, I'm an American, I have the right. Anyone else who is American, absolutely has the right to wear an American flag, if you are not an American wear the flag of your own country.

Unofficial military patches: As in patches not standard for military uniforms or not normally issued, but still are related to the military; examples would be things like a "de opressor libre" patch, the many various Vietnam, first or second Gulf War patches, POW/MIA patches, ect ... Personally I don't have a problem with them, though I honestly would think you were military if I saw you wearing one and totally sympathize with anyone who would actually have a problem with it. If it really means alot to you (perhaps for a relative who served in Vietnam for example), go ahead and wear it, but don't be surprised if someone calls you on it, and I wouldn't blame them if they did.

Official Patches: Meaning officially issued military, police, SWAT, or MAA patches. Also all branch identification tapes (i.e. "U.S. ARMY" tapes). Only wear these if you earned them, period. Honestly I don't get the whole reenactment thing - unless you are doing it for a documentary or something. Sure you can base your gear off that used by a specific unit, but this is airsoft - do you really need to wear the unit insignia as well? If you are really serious about it make up something of your own that is similar but conveys the idea of an airsoft group. Good example here would be the "AIRSOFT" patches modeled after RANGER tabs that DT sells.

Personally I wear my name and American flag on my uniform where they would be on a military uniform. I then have my MAA tapes and patch, which I have earned, where the branch ID and unit patch would be on a military uniform. I also have a Stargate "earth" patch my GF got me that I will wear sometimes, but that is entirely fantasy ... and hell I am an earthling ... :o

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

Pvtlee11b
Extremely Regular

Post by Pvtlee11b » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:32 pm

My thoughts exactly rabbit
HHC 1/34 BCT

Trippy
MAA Member

Post by Trippy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:04 pm

No no no, his name is Bunny. It helps to differentiate between Alex "Bunny" Clark and his ex-girlfriend's roommate's cat Alex. If we started calling him Rabbit, my life would be way too confusing.

One thing I have had a hard time finding on this site is any info about the placement of patches. After quite a bit of searching, I found a few scattered posts, but it really seems like something that should be included in a sticky called "Patches".
Morris Team
BATC 0509 Honor Grad
The Fastest Airsofter in Minnesota

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:03 am

Trippy wrote:No no no, his name is Bunny. It helps to differentiate between Alex "Bunny" Clark and his ex-girlfriend's roommate's cat Alex. If we started calling him Rabbit, my life would be way too confusing.
Exactly. I also go by "Fuzzy"
Trippy wrote:One thing I have had a hard time finding on this site is any info about the placement of patches. After quite a bit of searching, I found a few scattered posts, but it really seems like something that should be included in a sticky called "Patches".
That's why you should just get multi-cams, then no need to worry about patch placement - just stick them on the velcro pockets and tapes!

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.

Keyser
MAA Member

Post by Keyser » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:01 am

You get called a lot of things, Bunny and Fuzzy are just the two nicest ones. This reminded me that I still need to order my OD EMT patch and throw that on my uniform.
Morris Team (The sexy one.)

MAA Member 71

How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Trippy wrote:No no no, his name is Bunny. It helps to differentiate between Alex "Bunny" Clark and his ex-girlfriend's roommate's cat Alex. If we started calling him Rabbit, my life would be way too confusing.

One thing I have had a hard time finding on this site is any info about the placement of patches. After quite a bit of searching, I found a few scattered posts, but it really seems like something that should be included in a sticky called "Patches".
What are you looking for in terms of patch placement. I can easily tell you the size and location and measurements of any uniform patches according to Army regs...

Trippy
MAA Member

Post by Trippy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:40 pm

More or less the things that matter in airsoft: Flag, name tape, and unit patch placement
Morris Team
BATC 0509 Honor Grad

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Sewn uniforms, aka, BDUs, DCUs...By Regulation, aka, AR 670-1

Nametapes:
For woodland camouflage or olive-green uniforms, the insignia is a woven tape of olive-green cloth, 1 inch
wide, with the inscription "U.S. ARMY" in black block letters, 3/4 inch high. For desert camouflage uniforms, the
insignia is a woven tape of khaki, 1 inch wide, with the inscription "U.S. ARMY" in spice-brown block letters, 3/4 inch
high.
(b) As an option, soldiers may purchase and wear 1-inch wide tape with embroidered 3/4-inch block letters. The
length of the U.S. Army distinguishing insignia tape is 41⁄2 inches, or it extends to the edge of the pocket flap when
sewn on the uniform (see fig 28-142).

(2) How worn. The U.S. Army distinguishing insignia tape is worn immediately above, and parallel to the top edge
of the left breast pocket of the uniform shirt
, only. The insignia is worn on the temperate, hot-weather, enhanced hotweather,
maternity, aviation, and desert BDU shirts; BDU field jackets; and on organizational clothing when required
and prescribed by the commander issuing the organizational clothing.

US Flag: the full-color U.S. flag cloth replica is sewn 1/2 inch below the right shoulder seam of
the temperate, hot-weather, enhanced hot-weather, and desert BDU; the BDU field jacket; and the cold-weather
uniform (see fig 28-135). If the combat patch SSI-FWTS is worn on the right shoulder of the utility uniform, the full-color U.S. flag
cloth replica is placed 1/8 inch below the right shoulder sleeve insignia (see fig 28-136).

Unit Patches (SSI)
: current organization centered on the left
sleeve, 1/2 inch below the top of the shoulder seam
, on the coat of the Army green uniform. When the Sapper, Ranger,
Special Forces, or President's Hundred tab is worn, the tab is placed 1/2 inch below the top of the shoulder seam. The
SSI is worn 1/4 inch below special skill or marksmanship tabs. If there is simultaneous wear of two tabs or more, the
SSI remains at 1/4 inch below the tabs. Tabs that are an integral part of SSI, such as airborne or mountain, are worn
directly above the SSI with no space between the insignia and tab. Personnel will not wear non-subdued SSI on
uniforms other than those specified above
Last edited by bikemancs on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trippy
MAA Member

Post by Trippy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks much
Morris Team
BATC 0509 Honor Grad

yebaron

Post by yebaron » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:28 pm

Ok so i was a member of the CAP (Civil Air Patrol) for about a year and a half, this is where i got my BDUs. I was wondering, would it would be ok if i wore my BDUs with my nametape and U.S. Army tape?

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 pm

The CAP is a civilian auxiliary to the Air Force ... how does that give you the right to wear a US Army ID? Personally I don't think it make sense, but most people don't make a big deal out of name tapes.

Now if you wanted to wear a CAP patch or something, that I would not have any problems with. ... Doesn't the CAP have its own "CIVIL AIR PATROL" branch tapes anyway? What are you doing with a US Army one?

Clark

yebaron

Post by yebaron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:52 pm

yeah sorry i meant Air force, but yeah they do have CAP patches, but when i was in it we used the standard U.S. Air force patches.

CAPRANGER

Post by CAPRANGER » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:47 pm

I was in CAP for nearly 8 years and we never used the USAF patches, nor had I seen anyone wearing non Civil Air Patrol patches with the exception of one special forces guy from the Vietnam era. Any award or qualification you could get had its own CAP specific patch. And all the CAP patches were more colorful than what the boy scouts wore. And I know for a fact that it was against regs to wear any CAP (or any military for that matter) patches to paintball or airsoft things. Because CAP is non-combatent they didn't want to give the impression that we were training to be or, something along those lines. I was a squadron commander for a year and a half and it came up quite a bit actually.

Point is even if you were in CAP I wouldn't wear the CAP stuff because bright blue and white on BDU's looks bad for one and is directly against CAP regs for another.

yebaron

Post by yebaron » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:24 pm

yeah we had the dress uniforms too, i wasn't going to wear those. With the whole non-combatent thing i was never actually told that lol but thanks for the info puts a new light on things.

CAPRANGER

Post by CAPRANGER » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:27 pm

no worries, just trying to relay all that knowlage ive got bottled up that I don't really use anymore (I had to quit going to meetings because of college and some time conflicts) . and for those that don't know what patches ere talking about:

everything is multi-colored (blue tape, white writing) and the flags are not subdued :)

yebaron

Post by yebaron » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:33 pm

yeah our taped were subdued green with blue writing lol my bad... :|

CAPRANGER

Post by CAPRANGER » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:53 pm

no worries man... just had never heard or seen a CAP unit with subdues name tapes. :P

shorty101st

Post by shorty101st » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:25 pm

I'd say If you didn't earn them don't wear them, even branch tapes, if you want them that bad just join.

but that's just me

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:46 pm

shorty101st wrote:I'd say If you didn't earn them don't wear them, even branch tapes, if you want them that bad just join.

but that's just me
You really don't need to bring back up topics that are months old just to add an opinion.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."
-Rifleman's Creed

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

With all due respect....I think reviving this post is good every once and awhile. Especially if it's serviceman, retired or active, relaying their opinion on this touchy subject.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

shorty101st

Post by shorty101st » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:24 pm

didn't notice is was old... saw it at the top of the list on the forum...

and so what if i did... this post is based on opinions. and this is a forum

cant anyone post anymore without being reprimanded?

this really makes me want to delete my profile..
my opinion is jack s#%t now?

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Everyone just chill.... This post is a sticky and MEANT to be unearthed from time to time as we have new people who want to give their opinions. If we want to get into it, digging 10 pages back into the forums and finding a post from a year ago to post to is frowned upon....reviving a sticky post, which is at the top of the forum list is allowed and expected.

Back on topic please. And further comments to this can be directed to me personally.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 pm

I always thought this was a funny subject. It reminds me of some kids who go out spend their time making a tree fort. Then some other kid comes along, didn't lift a finger to help build it or make it to what it is now. He wants to be in, so instead of helping out with other things regarding the fort, he pretends he is in the tree fort club. :D

I don't understand why people want to wear something they aren't apart of. I personally don't care if someone wears a U.S. Marines nametape, ARMY nametape or whatever, because 99% of the time you can tell if they earned it or not. You just look like some idiot wearing it. I did the whole Marine thing 2 tours and 4 years later I have taken most of the U.S. Marine nametapes off. I mean why does it make a difference if I wear that or not? The things I do wear ( sometimes ) are my handle "Fatal" a U.S. Flag patch and a Minnesota patch.
BTDT got the T shirt, sweatpants and disability check.

brendizzle
A Regular

Post by brendizzle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:01 pm

so if i want a us army patch on my bdu i have to join the us army or it will be a felony. wtf really thats kinda rediculous. thats kinda like saying that if i have a monster sticker on the window of my car my car better be sponsored by monster or in goin to jail for a felony.

I don't understand why people want to wear something they aren't apart of. I personally don't care if someone wears a U.S. Marines nametape, ARMY nametape or whatever, because 99% of the time you can tell if they earned it or not. You just look like some idiot wearing it.

maybe i support what they do and have a patch to show my appreciation for their work.
TEAM VENDETTA
get some!!!

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 pm

so if i want a us army patch on my bdu i have to join the us army or it will be a felony. wtf really thats kinda rediculous. thats kinda like saying that if i have a monster sticker on the window of my car my car better be sponsored by monster or in goin to jail for a felony.
That's not what is means at all.... If you have a ARMY (NAVY, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, etc.) patch on your uniform and you imitate a service person of that branch in order to do illegal, illicit or otherwise unsavory things, THAT is a felony. If you wear an ARMY (NAVY, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, etc.) patch on your uniform and act like you were in that particular branch to seem cool and impress others it is deemed bad form and frowned upon. If you wear an ARMY (NAVY, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, etc.) patch on your uniform in an effort to complete a costume, meet the criteria of a game requirement, or to complete an accurate reproduction of a real world uniform for a specific event....that is widely accepted.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:51 pm

1st, it's not a felony.

2nd, it's all about intent. The United States code states:

United States Code > TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 33 > § 716

§ 716. Public employee insignia and uniform

(a) Whoever—
(1) knowingly transfers, transports, or receives, in interstate or foreign commerce, a counterfeit official insignia or uniform;
(2) knowingly transfers, in interstate or foreign commerce, a genuine official insignia or uniform to an individual, knowing that such individual is not authorized to possess it under the law of the place in which the badge is the official official [1] insignia or uniform;
(3) knowingly receives a genuine official insignia or uniform in a transfer prohibited by paragraph (2); or
(4) being a person not authorized to possess a genuine official insignia or uniform under the law of the place in which the badge is the official official [1] insignia or uniform, knowingly transports that badge in interstate or foreign commerce,

shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both.

(b) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the insignia or uniform is other than a counterfeit insignia or uniform and is not used to mislead or deceive, or is used or is intended to be used exclusively—
(1) as a memento, or in a collection or exhibit;
(2) for decorative purposes;
(3) for a dramatic presentation, such as a theatrical, film, or television production; or
(4) for any other recreational purpose.

(c) As used in this section—
(1) the term “genuine police badge” means an official badge issued by public authority to identify an individual as a law enforcement officer having police powers;
(2) the term “counterfeit police badge” means an item that so resembles a police badge that it would deceive an ordinary individual into believing it was a genuine police badge; and [2]
(3) the term “official insignia or uniform” means an article of distinctive clothing or insignia, including a badge, emblem or identification card, that is an indicium of the authority of a public employee;
(4) the term “public employee” means any officer or employee of the Federal Government or of a State or local government; and
(5) the term “uniform” means distinctive clothing or other items of dress, whether real or counterfeit, worn during the performance of official duties and which identifies the wearer as a public agency employee.

(d) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the official insignia or uniform is not used or intended to be used to mislead or deceive, or is a counterfeit insignia or uniform and is used or is intended to be used exclusively—
(1) for a dramatic presentation, such as a theatrical, film, or television production; or
(2) for legitimate law enforcement purposes.

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:45 am

I was incorrect about the felony....but....in the state of Minnesota is is considered criminal impersonation:
Minnesota Statutes

609.475 IMPERSONATING OFFICER.

Whoever falsely impersonates a police or military officer or public official with intent to mislead another into believing that the impersonator is actually such officer or official is guilty of a misdemeanor.
History:

1963 c 753 art 1 s 609.475; 1971 c 23 s 49; 1986 c 444
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

brendizzle
A Regular

Post by brendizzle » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:43 pm

ok, im in team korrupt and we had squad names that were recon, special forces, and rangers but we thought that we would be kicked out of the maa games and such unless we removed the patches and renamed the squads and so our team is trying to figure out what names to have that wont be offensive. is this actually true that we cant use these names?
TEAM VENDETTA
get some!!!

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:02 pm

I don't think you will be kicked out of anything... but some people might not like it.... its personal opinions really.

I, for one, don't like it. To be honest I think you'd be better of coming up with different names. Just using those names because they sound cool, or because they have connotations with real units... I can just say I wouldn't do it, but thats just my preference.

Also, I think its more fun to come up with your own thing... do something creative and then you can take pride in something you can call your own.

Back when I created 21st Inf Div I thought it was cool, but now I think its totally stupid... Though at the time I did some research and decided I didn't find any modern units of the same name (at least in the US) so I figured it was clear. It was not an infantry, nor a division. The team is deactivated now, in any case.. But now I look at airsoft MUCH more as its own entity; I try to look at it purely for "sport"...

From now on I am not interested in a being a player/team member for something that "imitates" military... I can't imagine how fucking lame we airsofters must look to real operators (or civvy non-airsofters).... imitating these warriors who give their lives for our freedom while we play this silly game.

So... because I started realizing this, I decided to change my mindset to that of a sport. I love this sport, hardcore full throttle
FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:35 pm

brendizzle wrote:ok, im in team korrupt and we had squad names that were recon, special forces, and rangers but we thought that we would be kicked out of the maa games and such unless we removed the patches and renamed the squads and so our team is trying to figure out what names to have that wont be offensive. is this actually true that we cant use these names?
Ok, Yes, Brendan is on our team, but I would like to clarify something.
He got a little bit of the wrong idea. The real reason why we decided to switch the names was more of a question of respect. We are changing our names to not offend anyone, as we have received comments about it in the past. Also, our name really doesn't fit our squad names :lol:

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

brendizzle
A Regular

Post by brendizzle » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Ok, Yes, Brendan is on our team, but I would like to clarify something.
He got a little bit of the wrong idea. The real reason why we decided to switch the names was more of a question of respect. We are changing our names to not offend anyone, as we have received comments about it in the past. Also, our name really doesn't fit our squad names :lol:
sorry i took it the wrong way,i sincerely appologise for any negative ideas or remarks i may have made about patches or mouthguards i may have made i wasnt trying to get anyone angry or start a fight or anything I was just showing my opinion for the subjects and i personaly do not represent team korrupt in any way. it has come to my attention that i may have angered the maa people and im sorry about that i didnt mean for any of my comments to be smart-alec or anything so yah. i look foreward too playing in many of the upcomming maa events and aknoledge and respect all of your rules (i know they are there for a reason) i look foreward to a great year of airsoft and look foreward to playing with you guys this summer :mrgreen:
TEAM VENDETTA
get some!!!

judkinsa27

Post by judkinsa27 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Well, since the post has been re-hashed, I might as well leave my input.

Nametapes: I think nametapes are fine, after all you don't have to earn your own name. As long as it doesn't have a military rank on it, I feel it's fine to wear.

Troop-Support Patches: Things like "POW", "MIA", etc. I feel are also okay. I am not in the service, but I still feel that you aren't implying that you are in the service by wearing these patches. You are simply showing you care about them and are hoping for a safe return from all of them!

Flag Patches: I figure, if I'm an American citizen, I have the right to wear a U.S. Flag patch.

Current rank, title, or official military patches: If you haven't earned them, you have NO right wearing them.

Past rank, title, or official military patches: Unless you are reenacting a specific role (WWII U.S. Infantry, Marines, etc.) and when I say reenacting, I mean down to the LETTER! You have no right wearing them!

Novelty Patches: Hey, they aren't representing you're involvement in the service, I think they're okay.

I currently only have a name tape on my uniform that simply says "Judkins". Also, if anyone knows a legit retailer that I can buy a "I support the U.S. Troops" or "I support the U.S. Army" patches, please let me know! My cousin was just shipped off to the sand-box and he told me to look for one of these for my vest.

brendizzle
A Regular

Post by brendizzle » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:18 am

Nametapes: I think nametapes are fine, after all you don't have to earn your own name. As long as it doesn't have a military rank on it, I feel it's fine to wear.
where can i buy a name tape with my name on it ? :mrgreen:
TEAM VENDETTA
get some!!!

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:00 am

brendizzle wrote: where can i buy a name tape with my name on it ? :mrgreen:
http://1800nametape.com/
FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

brendizzle
A Regular

Post by brendizzle » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:51 pm

awesome my friends want me to get one that says captain bren-bren because my name is brendan yaaah well i think you get it lol. :mrgreen:
TEAM VENDETTA
get some!!!

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:58 pm

brendizzle wrote:awesome my friends want me to get one that says captain bren-bren because my name is brendan yaaah well i think you get it lol. :mrgreen:
No we don't :roll:

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

brendizzle
A Regular

Post by brendizzle » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:46 pm

well i want it and you cant stop me mwahahaha!
TEAM VENDETTA
get some!!!

Jin
Posting King

Post by Jin » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm glad this post was brought back up again, because I did want to inquire about something that hasn't been talked about in this thread yet as far as I can tell.

What is the MAA's general policy on using foreign military patches if the user's loadout was an authentic looking impression?

For instance, say somone wanted to do a Russian OMON impression. If they went to great lengths (and financial expenditures) required to get the proper Russian BDUs, Russian vest system, and other such kit to create an authentic looking impression would it then be okay by the MAA for them to sew on a big "OMOH" patch on the back of the BDU coat or vest?

Obviously there is very very little chance that the player is or was actually a member of any Russian military organization, be it OMON, Spetsnaz, Vityaz, the MVD, etc.
But if they put together an accurate impression of a solider from that organization would it then be alright to complete the impression with the patches of that organization?

I used the Russian military as an example, but this question goes for any Non-US military organization and I'm curious to know what the MAA's official policy regarding these sorts of impressions are.
MAA Member #83
Every once in a while, when they aren't getting incinerated in lava, crushed under rock slides, or devoured by dragons, goblins experience moments of unmitigated glory in battle.

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:20 pm

You already answered your question....you said impression. If you are trying to do an accurate impression of a foreign uniform it's the same as US. I'll admit, I have less of an issue with foreign military patches and uniforms but I try to be respectful.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

blackmay45
A Regular

Post by blackmay45 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:31 pm

THE ARCHANGEL wrote:You already answered your question....you said impression. If you are trying to do an accurate impression of a foreign uniform it's the same as US. I'll admit, I have less of an issue with foreign military patches and uniforms but I try to be respectful.

Agreed, in that case it is more of a respect issue than a legality issue.

I personally don't think patches make s abig difference in a loadout looks, I don't feel they make or break the look.

pvtpease420
Somewhat Regular

Post by pvtpease420 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:52 pm

i have some older woodland camo gear and i was wondering if it was ok to put the confederate patch and west virginia patch i bought would be acceptable to wear on them in a game
the perfect storm of 5.56, 7.62, and .50 cal rounds can make any enemy's day a bad one- Robert Pease

CIA agent that went missing on a company fishing trip

BrettDV

Post by BrettDV » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:58 pm

I was in the USAF Aux for a while. Can I wear my old unit patch to games? I'm just making sure...

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

Post by Shady-Cadence » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:14 am

pvtpease420: As long as neither of those patches represents a military unit, knock yourself out.

BrettDV: If you were actually a part of the organization, then it's completely legit.
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

BrettDV

Post by BrettDV » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Shady-Cadence wrote:pvtpease420: As long as neither of those patches represents a military unit, knock yourself out.

BrettDV: If you were actually a part of the organization, then it's completely legit.

okay cool. thanks!

Return to “Gear Discussion”