Question about Patches

Tactical Gear Discussion, Advice, & Questions.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

CountryBoy
MAA Member

Re: Question about Patches

Post by CountryBoy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 pm

That I would be ok with! To solve every ones issue why dont you all just join the MN National Guard and then you can wear your unit patches all day long! :) Just drop my name when you go in there to join :) LOL sorry my recruiting is done!!!!
MS40 Rangers
T.O.C
MAA Member
BATC 509th
2-135 Infantry
GET SOME!

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:23 pm

Why would they do that when they could join the Marines and be real men? :lol:
BTDT got the T shirt, sweatpants and disability check.

Yoroiden
A Regular

Post by Yoroiden » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Fatal wrote:Why would they do that when they could join the Marines and be real men? :lol:
Because Marines don't wear unit patches? :wink:
"Far better it is to dare mighty things.. than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

Elgin City River Rats
http://www.riverratsairsoft.com

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Marines wear patches, yes. Airwing Marines do on their flightsuits and when you get deployed you get the new flavor of a flightsuit patch. Other then that Marines don't really wear patches, my unit didn't have a patch except when we deployed and had to wear flightsuits. Because there isn't a spot to put your name.

My post was mainly directed at Country :cry:

Yoroiden
A Regular

Post by Yoroiden » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:06 am

Which is why I added: :wink:
"Far better it is to dare mighty things.. than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

Elgin City River Rats
http://www.riverratsairsoft.com

HansJohnson
Almost A Regular

Post by HansJohnson » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:11 pm

The camo shirt i bought already had a patch on it . "U.S. Navy" On the front pocket. Is this Okay? I really don't want to have to remove it since the fabrics a little loose in that spot and it might rip the front on the shirt/

thanks, hans
My enemies are many.... My equals are none.

K9Troop
MS40 Rangers

Post by K9Troop » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:05 pm

HansJohnson wrote:The camo shirt i bought already had a patch on it . "U.S. Navy" On the front pocket. Is this Okay? I really don't want to have to remove it since the fabrics a little loose in that spot and it might rip the front on the shirt/

thanks, hans
No, it's not ok. Use a knife or another sharp implement to remove it, that should solve the ripping problem.
MS40 Rangers
MAA Member #57
BATC Honor Grad 04-06
American Made Soul-jah

Weapon X

Post by Weapon X » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 pm

So foreign miltary patches are only okay when you wear that foreign country's BDUs to go with it? I couldn't say wear multi-cam and then slap a Red Army patch on my shoulder?

august_moon
Fairly Regular

Post by august_moon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:17 pm

As I am not too sure where this post would go, I thought I'd add it here. I've got a U.S. Flag patch I just bought the other day from CC Military. The one I got said it goes on the LEFT Shoulder (which is true, so it looks like the flag is waving in the wind when you move), but I'm not too sure as to where to put the patch exactly. If I go an Inch down from the seem (which is what they said), it hits a pocket. Do I put it on the pocket flap, or the pocket. (pocket flap being what keeps stuff from falling out. Just to clarify).
For who's wondering, it's Digital Woodland Camo BDU Shirt, and the flag is Green (all they had, and in my opinion, I'd prefer to have something that blends a little more. My preference).
"In a parallel world, I wouldn't have friends, wouldn't have a girlfriend, I'd be a spoiled nerd, and have a sma.. NEVERMIND!! PARALLEL WORLDS DO NOT EXIST!!! You Cumb Dunt!!" - JMO (switch the D and C around).

Viper
MAA Member

Post by Viper » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Yes, the patch goes on the pocket-flap, with the union at the front.
Viper - Morris Team
MAA Member #73
BATC 05/10 #104

august_moon
Fairly Regular

Post by august_moon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks dude. :D
"In a parallel world, I wouldn't have friends, wouldn't have a girlfriend, I'd be a spoiled nerd, and have a sma.. NEVERMIND!! PARALLEL WORLDS DO NOT EXIST!!! You Cumb Dunt!!" - JMO (switch the D and C around).

miller4130
Still A Newbie

Post by miller4130 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:09 pm

On my BDUs I have the AFJROTC name tag and rotc patches, this is allowed as I'm in ROTC right? and its ok from our Col.
AFJROTC ND-20061 and SFA, co-founder and gunsmith for SFA
southfargoairsoft.yolasite.com
SLS Grad 10'
Miller
Proud Nagant Shooter!

Fatal
MAA Member

Post by Fatal » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Your answer is listed here. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=13794

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 pm

miller4130 wrote:On my BDUs I have the AFJROTC name tag and rotc patches, this is allowed as I'm in ROTC right? and its ok from our Col.
As Fatal mentioned, in a round-about way, ROTC patches are covered on page two of this very thread.

Do a little reading before asking a question, chances are it's been answered somewhere before.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

C-BASS
Fairly Regular

Post by C-BASS » Tue May 24, 2011 10:33 pm

I read through this entire post but I didn't quite see what I should do for someone in my case. I have a United States Marine Corps patch with an EGA on it but I am not trying to imply or say that I am a US Marine. Is it still alright to wear the patch if I am not saying in any way, shape, or form that I am a Marine?
Follow me!

Fatal
MAA Member

Re:

Post by Fatal » Tue May 24, 2011 11:38 pm

From page one, underlined.
THE ARCHANGEL wrote:YOUR brother being OK with YOU doing it is not the same as EVERYONE in the Army being OK with it....

If you want to come to an MAA game, that is not a themed game....then please don't. If you are actually setting up a themed uniform then there are some allowances but as a whole just sewing on some real military patches for looks is frowned upon.

*There are also a lot of other games than MAA games....and it's not to say that you're gonna get messed with or have someone walk over and rip off your patches at an MAA game. But I will say this....I think less of wannabe's and posers....which as far as I'm concerned is what people who wear patches they didn't earn are. To be perfectly blunt....it disgusts me. That's just me.... Other's differ....and technically the "rule" is for MAA Members, not for non-members.

I know you think it's cool your brothers gave you uniforms, and they probably think it's a kick to have you guys where them....but your brothers do not speak for the thousands of other soldiers out there who earned those ribbons. In the end it's you call....

I will add one more thing though....if people wear patches and claim to be soldiers....and are not....they will get banned form MAA events. Impersonating a Soldier, aside from being a felony, is a burning offense in these parts and we have NO tolerance for that crap. We will follow up with the appropriate authorities to make sure you get busted. Also, if you don't know EXACTLY what your family Member does in the Military, don't talk like you know about it. Nothing pisses active and veteran soldiers off than people spouting off crap....of course other than the impersonating thing....

EMO
Extremely Regular

Post by EMO » Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Question... I have a question I don't think has been answered unless I skipped over a post.

Lets say for instance my team likes the look of the ranger tab.

We take the tap and instead of ranger it says our team name MINAS

From a distance it looks like a real special forces tab but when you really see it it's not. Is this okay or not?
MINAS Rangers
Add me on Hangouts for PC help!
Radthekid@gmail.com

C-BASS
Fairly Regular

Re: Re:

Post by C-BASS » Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Fatal wrote:From page one, underlined.
Ah, I see... I definitely totally missed that one...
Follow me!

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Thu May 26, 2011 4:13 pm

EMO wrote:Question... I have a question I don't think has been answered unless I skipped over a post.

Lets say for instance my team likes the look of the ranger tab.

We take the tap and instead of ranger it says our team name MINAS

From a distance it looks like a real special forces tab but when you really see it it's not. Is this okay or not?
You are not impersonating a Unit or person, thus, should be ok. You are making a TEAM patch which is fine. There are other teams (and events) that have made patches that bear resemblance to real patches and units.

Part of the problem here would be just about every design is used somewhere on some patch. So, no matter what you'd be overlapping something.

X_xSAINTx_X

Post by X_xSAINTx_X » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:49 pm

Okay So i have 2 patches on says captain for being a team captain and i have on that says my team name is that okay just wondering i kind of got confussed through the whole thing
X_xSAINTx_X
DBOY M4A1 and KCS G17

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm

X_xSAINTx_X wrote:Okay So i have 2 patches on says captain for being a team captain and i have on that says my team name is that okay just wondering i kind of got confussed through the whole thing
Neither of those things are military related so they are fine.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

king draco

Post by king draco » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:51 pm

what if we were in the armed forces but arent anymore? I still have my patches and most of my gear i bought but if their banned for people who didnt either earn them or are recreating a loadout what about us who arent in anymore?

Viper
MAA Member

Post by Viper » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:42 am

king draco wrote:what if we were in the armed forces but arent anymore? I still have my patches and most of my gear i bought but if their banned for people who didnt either earn them or are recreating a loadout what about us who arent in anymore?
If they are patches you got while you were in the service, then you did earn them and there is no problem.

The reason for the rule (guideline, really) is not to prevent people who have served from representing that. It's to prevent people who haven't served from pretending like they have. It's out of respect for those who have served.
Viper - Morris Team
MAA Member #73
BATC 05/10 #104

Spank-E
MAA Member

Post by Spank-E » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:21 pm

As a member of the military I would have to say that I don't like it when people were unit patches and they have never served in the military. It doesn't piss me off so much it's more irritating then anything. The only patch or pin depending on what type of unform you have that would truly make me mad would ne the combat infantrymans badge. That badge is the most honored and sacred thing to the U.S. Army infantyman and it is something you can only earn by engaging in combat with the enemy so wearing that badge falsely is basically the samething as lying about going to war so please if you didn't eanr a C.I.B or are not in the military at all don't wear one. Also if you see some one wearing army unit patches and they confirm that there are %100 a legit soldier don't bother them with questions about the military or tell them storys about your dad or brother who serves unless they tell you they want to hear it. I know this bothers a lot of airsoft players who are vetrans a lot of us don't wanna talk about it but some of us will to an extent. So just ask if they wanna talk about the military b4 you start asking questions or telling storys. Thanks for listening.
MAA Member
Infatryman
Cat owner

"every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Delta Zulu

Post by Delta Zulu » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 pm

so i want to put my two cents in. if your brother mother sister father gave you a patch and said its ok to wear it, then i have no problem you weaing it.... aslong as its clearly in the wrong spot like on a admin pouch or something. if you wear it as something for good luck thats fine but once you put it were its intended then its like you are trying to be what ever it is. just use your head when putting patches on. if you are not something and want to be then do it, nothing is going to stop you if you really want it enough.
as for wearing the american flag, #@(( yes you should. if there is one patch i believe any and every one should wear its that. but remember if you get the reverse flag ie the backward looking one wear it on your right arm ( no retreats) have fun and use you head.

Return to “Gear Discussion”