Installing G&G Knock Arm & Plunger Set for Tanaka M700

Picture intensive step-by-step upgrade guides.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Elvis
MAA Member

Installing G&G Knock Arm & Plunger Set for Tanaka M700

Post by Elvis » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:37 pm

This article owes its origin to the lack of Tanaka M700 information out there and my quest for an accurate sniper rifle with a minimum effect range of 200 feet. I purchased a M700 Police back in January from friend Chris at Olympus Airsoft. I also purchased about 5 different weight BB?s from various manufactures. The gun was accurate to about 50 feet then I was getting inconsistent results. It had a left curve similar to a golf hook. It also was inconsistent in the hop up setting. The first thing I bought was a KM 6.04 tightbore barrel. I didn?t seem to make much difference. I also notice that when I took it apart that the forward barrel to receiver mount (part 91) was cracked. I had read of other incidents of that happening. I then called around in search of a metal hop up (really part 91 the forward mount, as the hop up is already metal. I found out the one on the M24 is metal! How frustrating that was, I emailed G&G to see if one was available. Yes, I got the auto reply assuring me of an answer in 24 to 48 hours. HaHa no such answer not even with follow up email. I was also in contact with Shawn at Airsoft Extreme. He is one of the few I have found in the USA with M700 experience. I was surprise to find he had a G&G Power Bolt in stock. Well, I ordered it. Who cares if it doesn?t shoot straight it least it will shoot harder LOL. I will write how to install the upgrade in a later review. So I find myself overseas and I am able to nose around in all these stores. I find a small company in Taiwan that makes a metal part 91. WOW have I struck it rich. I also find that this company makes a redesigned hop up assembly. This redesigned assemble has you cut a oval (they include a jig) in you barrel and give you a new bucking and a longer nozzle. I will review and give out the details in my next article. The longer nozzle is the key as it pushes the BB right up to the bucking. I couldn?t be happy about the results. The gun is very consistent and I have kills at 300 feet. The other parts I brought back are the G&G Power Pack, Knock Arm & Plunger Set, Gas Route Connecter Spring all for Tanaka M700 / M24. I wouldn?t have needed the Power Pack except for the Power Bolt nozzle is machined and not removable, so I purchase another stock PCS bolt and put the G&G steel cocking piece and striker spring in it. The funny part is the G&G store owner told me the Knock Arm and Plunger are just for durability. I asked him because you can never find information on what the different modification parts are for. Well as you can see it adds about 50 FPS.

Magazine Upgrade

Take your magazine and put it on a clean surface.

Assemble your tools. You need silicon oil, awl, needle file, small hammer, pin punch, eedle nose pliers, Phillips screwdriver.

Discharge the remaining gas by depressing the gas valve lever. Be careful to point the gas opening in a safe direction.

Remove the pin holding the gas valve lever then remove the lever. (These parts will not be used)

Remove the 4 phillips screws holding the back on.

Once that is done use a small slotted screwdriver to work the back off carefully.

Inspect the magazine well and o-ring.

Remove the C-Clip

Slide the operating rod out from the magazine cover.

Then using you pin punch carefully pry out the small oring.

Get your new parts out.

Disassemble the new operating rod.

Test Fit the valve head in the Magazine.

Clean up and file the opening smooth so the new valve operates smoothly.

Clean and lubricate with silicon oil then insert the new valve.

Then install the oring and carefully seat it into the magazine cover.

Now put the spring on and screw the other half of the operating rod on.

Next insert the awl into the hole in the Operating Rod head and tighten the other end with a screwdriver.

Now lay out the assemble and line up the new knocker elbow in the same position.

Remove the C-Clip and slip off the old knocker and install the new one.

Hold the magazine upside down and slide it together. Don?t force it, it should pop right together.

Now test the magazine by depressing the operating rod, look for the valve to open and close.

Now replace the Gas Connector Spring by removing the BB Tube.

This is whats left.

Swap in the new spring under the gas connector.

This is the Gas Valve.

Reinstall the BB Tube.

This is are your old parts. Yes, you actually have extra parts left.

Your done now for the results.

My observations are that for some reason the first shot is always higher . I think it got to do with it initial flash to gas of the first shot effects the rest of the gas. I will run a review next on that new hop up design.

Ed

Lizotte@tampabay.rr.com

The parts shown here today are in stock at Olympus Airsoft

Ask for Chris
Last edited by Elvis on Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elvis
FORT Team
MAA Member #41
BATC Graduate - 03/05

Revelation
Exceedingly Regular

Post by Revelation » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:41 pm

Yo Elvis,

You may want to check the post to see if,

"Disable BBCode in this post" is off. Pictures arnt being posted, but nice article though.
OASIS Field Manager
Team OASIS Squad Leader
Southern Minnesota Moderator

Who knows....

Tappedops

Post by Tappedops » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:31 pm

Elvis,

Just saying hi from AR snipers pearch, baited breath for your next update...if i can stand another one---you see were all just alittle bummed these mods are not already on our rifles...can you hook us up...links, dealers, well take anything...

Thanks Again

Tappedops

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:05 am

Yeah ya slackers...fix the images....
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:06 pm

Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."
-Rifleman's Creed

Phantom Bushman

Re: Installing G&G Knock Arm & Plunger Set for Tanaka M7

Post by Phantom Bushman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Would it possible for the pictures to be reposted with updated links? This is the only article I have seen online about this upgrade.

I need a power pack as my impact plates are badly worn and give less consistant fps.

Thanks in advance.

Good Hunting :wink:

Return to “Airsoft Upgrade How To Guides”