SWAT Idea

A group of players interested in roleplaying SWAT tactics and practices.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

trikx
Extremely Regular

SWAT Idea

Post by trikx » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:51 pm

I posted this in the poll topic, but I thought I would refine the idea a little bit more. If this interests anybody, please let me know. If not, feel free to lock it or delete it. Anyway, here it goes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A SWAT "Officer" must maintain 25 Career Points to keep his/her designated spot on the entry team. Each member starts with 50 Career Points at the formation of the team.

To prevent trigger-happy players from opening up on OpFor/Hostages, a punishment system would be in place. For example, if an officer on the dynamic entry team shoots an OpFor without "Justifiable Cause" (such as suspect raising his/her weapon to officer or hostage), the officer will suffer a 10-point deduction to their Career Point Total.

In the event an officer shoots a hostage, that officer would suffer a 25-point deduction from his/her Career Point Total. When an officer falls below the 25-point minimum, they would have to go through a training course or test to be readmitted back onto the entry team. After a certain amount of times being suspended from the team, that "officer" would be dismissed from the group. This may seem a bit harsh, but it would discourage trigger happy players from joining just to get their kicks.

A twist in the rules could be that the Team Leader would suffer half the point deduction total when a member of his/her team sustains a punitive reduction in their Career Point Total. So, if Officer A shoots an OpFor and is found to not be justified, Officer A would suffer a 10-point loss and the Team Leader would suffer a 5-point loss. The Team Leader, once appointed, would be given an additional 25 points to their Career Total as a "bank" to cover themselves from initial point losses brought on by their team members.

A good idea is to make the OpFor equipped with a more realistic variety of weapons. Instead of every OpFor player weilding an assault rifle, put a cap on them. A limit of two assault rifles for the OpFor team could be placed as a restriction with the rest weilding pistols or small sub-machineguns (UZI for example).

An official could be used to determine whether or not an Officer was justified in his or her use of force against an OpFor player. Feel free to love it or hate it, but regardless I would REALLY like to hear everyones opinions on something like this.

Cleverlyinsane

Post by Cleverlyinsane » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:38 pm

I think its a great idea. (I know this thread is old, but I am really interested in SWAT re-inactments so I'll throw in my two cents if you still care). There is tremendous pressure on real SWAT officers to reduce casualty numbers, there has to be extreme danger for a swat officer to kill a suspect. Their training goes into safetly detaining suspects, and to keep that realism in airsoft I think a penalty system is important. The problem I see is that as an OpFor there really isn't a penalty to dieing, so why would you surrender? Maybe offer penalties to OpFor members who refuse to surrender even while completely outgunned and surrounded. Also, if the BB's start flying, it will be hard to tell who hit who. But I suppose the whole Op is a failure if there is a shootout. Anyway, thats my two cents.

turtlewoo
A Regular

Post by turtlewoo » Mon May 07, 2007 3:27 pm

That sounds a great idea, I love swat..... haha I cant think of anything else to say
"The eyes of the patriot, fixed through the scope. The unknowing tyrant, walks to the rope. It's when murder is justice that martyrs are made, a one-gun salute for the no-independence-day. They'll hallow your name for your sacrifice."

delta07

Post by delta07 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:42 pm

I'M totally in on that one i have a kick ass swat outfit and mp5 gun working on getting a M14 looks better and yeah i don't know what to say but i want in lol

Koolboarder1234

Post by Koolboarder1234 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:49 am

Sounds like a cool idea, I'd be willing to join.

am0463
Exceptionally Regular

Post by am0463 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:40 am

So would there be any possible way in gaining points? Such as rescuing the hostage or anything?

WhiteFox77
Extremely Regular

Post by WhiteFox77 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:22 am

I think if you added that for each hostage rescued each member of the team gains 2 point, and for each OpFor captured each team member gains 1 point, it would be fair.

The only problems I see are motivations for the OpFor players. What will prevent the OpFor players from playing with a "death before dishonor" style? Or simply blowing away the hostages the instant the rescue team shows up?

I think it would be cool to have both an on-going entry team, and an on-going OpFor team. Have the OpFors gain and loose points as well. Have yourself dieing cost you 10 points, and a hostage dieing cost you 5 points (after all you can't barter with dead hostages), have taking out SWAT members, or achieving your objective of getting out alive and free gain you points.

I'd be VERY interested in a game like this (time to stock up on zip ties :twisted: ).
Sincerely
WhiteFox

Don Diego De La Vega: "Do you know how to use that thing?"
Alejandro: "Of course, you stick the pointy end in the other man."

Check out my Airsoft site MPLSAirSoft.com

Kooter
Somewhat Regular

Post by Kooter » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:16 pm

I know it's old, but I like it. I know I'm new, so it probably doesn't affect your decision, but I like it. I like regulating what weapons can be used, but I'm not a huge fan of regulating how many of what type of weapons can be used. But that's just my opinion. Not going to stop me from wanting to play if this comes to fruition though.

This is the type of airsoft that I love. I'd sign up in a heartbeat.
If you haven't got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then your just an old sour fart!

WhiteFox77
Extremely Regular

Post by WhiteFox77 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:09 pm

Wow, way to necro-post dude...
Sincerely
WhiteFox

Don Diego De La Vega: "Do you know how to use that thing?"
Alejandro: "Of course, you stick the pointy end in the other man."

Check out my Airsoft site MPLSAirSoft.com

Kooter
Somewhat Regular

Post by Kooter » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:24 pm

Necro-post? That's a first for me, but I'm assuming putting my thoughts on a dead topic....well why not? It MIGHT bring it back to life.

What's recommended when you come across a hard question on a test? Skip it and come back later. I'd say 6 months counts as later.

To be quite honest, I didn't even notice the date. Sorry if I did a forum No-No. What's the proper way to bring up a past subject?
If you haven't got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then your just an old sour fart!

Sgt Chase
A Regular

Post by Sgt Chase » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 am

Yea Necro Posting is bringing a dead topic back to life man. I have read through this a while back. Just saw this. I don't know if the interest is still high for this anymore.
Where there is war. There is death. With Death comes Sacrifice. With Sacrifice comes Victory.

Hey need a few thousand rounds in a posistion lemme know. I will knock the walls down.

Kooter
Somewhat Regular

Post by Kooter » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:23 pm

Well I'm extremely interested, and I'm buying the M14 in black in hopes this comes to be and that my M14 will be acceptable.

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:36 pm

This isn't that bad of a Necro-Post, it was one of only 10 topics in this forum. If people are not interested in the SWAT, don't post here.

Kooter-

There has been a bit of a change to the idea, as mentioned here
viewtopic.php?t=14958

However, a good SWAT loadout is always cool at games.
Doc Holliday: My hypocrisy goes only so far.
Somewhere out there is 6mm of plastic with your name on it.
A strong arguement attacks the merits of a point. A weak arguement attacks the person who established the point.

Return to “SWAT/Police Interest Group”