How to fix GBB Mag

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

CHEEKYMONKEY

How to fix GBB Mag

Post by CHEEKYMONKEY » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:13 pm

I am relatively new to the world of GBB's. Recently my WE G17 mag has stopped taking gas all together. When I put gas in it takes a little bit then stops and I am able to get maybe one round off. Would there be any fix for it, or will I have to buy a new mag? Help would be much appreciated!

Touchette
MAA Member

Re: How to fix GBB Mag

Post by Touchette » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:55 am

What exactly happens when you're filling the mag when it "takes (only) a little bit" of gas? Does gas leak out from between the base plate and the body of the mag? Does gas leak/pour out of the main valve? or, Does the mag just not take the gas and it sprays all over outside of the fill valve?

Since you are new to GBB's, I also want to confirm that you are filling the gas reservoir properly. The proper procedure is to hold the mag upside down and also holding the gas canister upside down depress it into the fill valve.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:15 am

If you hear no leaks...its not the magazine. It is your fill source.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

CHEEKYMONKEY

Post by CHEEKYMONKEY » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Touchette wrote:What exactly happens when you're filling the mag when it "takes (only) a little bit" of gas? Does gas leak out from between the base plate and the body of the mag? Does gas leak/pour out of the main valve? or, Does the mag just not take the gas and it sprays all over outside of the fill valve?

Since you are new to GBB's, I also want to confirm that you are filling the gas reservoir properly. The proper procedure is to hold the mag upside down and also holding the gas canister upside down depress it into the fill valve.

I have a little bit of knowledge of GBB's. I know I am filling them correctly, but I hear the gas being released for a few seconds then it stops, but it doesn't leak after I remove the gas canister. I also should point out that I use propane tanks (yes I do put lubricant in the canister every now and then). I have tried different propane tanks so it's not the propane. I could have fixed a leak if it was leaking but it just doesn't take propane in general. Thanks for the help!

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:25 am

The propellant needs to go somewhere, so it's most likely doing one of the following (assuming the mag is not leaking):

1) Not leaving the canister in the first place, which is either a filling technique issue or canister issue.
2) Spraying all over the place when you try to fill, which means it's not getting into the mag and you may have a fill valve issue or the connection between the fill valve and the tank nozzle is inadequate.
3) Too much gas is getting expended on the couple of shots you get, which means you have an issue with either your primary valve or an issue gun side.

If the gas is getting released into the mag for a few seconds then stops, and you don't have gas spraying out between the tank nozzle and the fill valve, then I'd say you have issue #1 above. If you're having the same problem with different canisters/tanks of gas, then the first place to look for an issue would be your filling technique. That said, without seeing you attempt to fill a mag via a video or in person I can't comment on whether your technique is to blame or not.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

CHEEKYMONKEY

Post by CHEEKYMONKEY » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:19 pm

Touchette wrote:The propellant needs to go somewhere, so it's most likely doing one of the following (assuming the mag is not leaking):

1) Not leaving the canister in the first place, which is either a filling technique issue or canister issue.
2) Spraying all over the place when you try to fill, which means it's not getting into the mag and you may have a fill valve issue or the connection between the fill valve and the tank nozzle is inadequate.
3) Too much gas is getting expended on the couple of shots you get, which means you have an issue with either your primary valve or an issue gun side.

If the gas is getting released into the mag for a few seconds then stops, and you don't have gas spraying out between the tank nozzle and the fill valve, then I'd say you have issue #1 above. If you're having the same problem with different canisters/tanks of gas, then the first place to look for an issue would be your filling technique. That said, without seeing you attempt to fill a mag via a video or in person I can't comment on whether your technique is to blame or not.
First of all I really appreciate the help! Second, my technique is fine cause it was working a while ago when I was doing the exact same thing. I am thinking it's in my propane nozzle cause it stopped working when I got a new one, but it did fill a couple of times with the new nozzle. Thanks for the help, I will figure it out one way or another.

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm

If you're using some sort of adapter, it could also be that, you are correct.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Return to “Help Forum”