Batteries

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

ISmellMopWho

Batteries

Post by ISmellMopWho » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:13 pm

I just started player airsoft today and my batteries charge pretty fast with the smart charger. I can only get about a half hour of shooting with it though. I think it might be because of the cold (Minnesota) but my brother's batteries don't seem to die as quickly. It's kinda pissing me off because I can't play with it as much as I want to. Thank you for any help

Touchette
MAA Member

Re: Batteries

Post by Touchette » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:57 am

Welcome to the forums.

You'll need to provide some more information on the batteries and the charger in order for us to assist you. We will need to know the type, brand, mah, voltage, and age of the battery(ies), and we will need to know the brand & model of smart charger. Additionally,we will need to know what gun you're using the batteries in, what conditions you were using the gun in (ambient temp.), and how long you actually charged the batteries for.

If you can provide this additional information, we can hopefully help you out.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:24 pm

You will notice that in life when you ask for assistance from the "internet" you will be asked to provide "Details".

Please have that info on hand so we can assist.

What also works are pictures.

Post them of you have them to assist us in assisting you.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:15 pm

As others have stated, more information is needed to really help you.

1st of all you must FORGET about the amount of "shooting time" as that is largely irrelevant.

There is a very general "ball park" figure that can at least help you figure out if it's even close to where it should be....

The primary importance is the capacity of the cells in your battery pack. This should be clearly printed on the battery as a number followed by the letters "mAh". For example you might have a battery that is 1100 mAh.
"Ball park" math is that for every 1 mAh of capacity you'll get ROUGHLY 1 shot (if the gearbox cycles it's a shot even if no BB is expended). So a fully charged 1100 mAh battery should run for ROUGHLY 1100 shots before it needs to be recharged.
I cannot stress enough that this is a rough estimate. There are many factors that can effect the number of shots per mAh, but at least it gives you a starting point.
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Return to “Help Forum”