airsoft police confiscation

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Lockout89

airsoft police confiscation

Post by Lockout89 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:23 pm

so i dont know where to post this but ill ask anyways. I had my airsoft gun completely dis-assembled and was painting it in my laundry room (i live in an apartment building) i had left to get more pieces, and in the 15 minutes i was gone, police had shown up. I returned to then get drilled about leaving it there (which honestly wasnt smart, i admit that) and they confiscated it and told me they would contact me in a couple days. Just wondering peoples thoughts on the matter. any input is appreciated, and i dont want to hear non-stop replies on you should have picked a better place to put it. (that i realize)

Slipmad
A Regular

Re: airsoft police confiscation

Post by Slipmad » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 pm

I mean there is nothing else to be said other than you shouldn't have done that, what i would suggest doing is getting one of those handheld paint guns. Put your gun over a box or something and do it like that. Also there is a 90% chance that you aren't getting it back.
Snoipins a gud jawb m8.

Lockout89

Post by Lockout89 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Im not necessarily worried about getting it back. It was old and i was just trying to make it look better. Im just more worried on if they are going to try and charge me with some bogus crime.

Slipmad
A Regular

Post by Slipmad » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:54 pm

Probably not, if they were gonna charge you with something it probably would have happend already.
Snoipins a gud jawb m8.

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:01 am

I doubt you will be charged, if you are in MN. However, if you are in Illinois, I would be cautious, specifically if you are in the Chicago region.

When you talk to the Police Department, I would recommend you be straight forward and make sure you state what you did, why you should not have done it, and possibly the consequences of you doing it (ex, kid could have found it, put it together and caused an issue).

I would not 'fight' to get it back unless it is a rare and valuable item.

Lockout89

Post by Lockout89 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 am

They were really aggressive about the whole thing. Lady told me they were standing around all my pieces for like 10 minutes. I had a sign saying "do not touch, painting my airsoft gun." I walked up to the 2 officers, told them it was my stuff. They proceeded to pat me down to check for weapons, handcuffed me. walked me out to the squad car. Put me in the back, intervoewed like 4 people. Came back, let me out. Gave me a case number and took my stuff without telling me wht and said the department would be in contact. I didnt argue, fight or lie. I told the truth and all they did was maybe say 5 sentences to me and ask me nothing about the gun pieces.

Lockout89

Post by Lockout89 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:12 am

Btw, im in Roseville, MN and im 19

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am

Oh Roseville PD....a very COP dept.

And with that. You can call and request to get your items back. Give them the case number and ask for your property back. Technically there is no law that states you cannot paint an Airsoft gun for "personal" use as a "costume".
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:14 am

Did you get a receipt along with the case info? NEVER let them take anything without requesting a receipt.

Is it against your rental agreement to have such things? Do you know who called he police or filed the complaint?
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Kalaka

Post by Kalaka » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:08 am

THE ARCHANGEL wrote: Is it against your rental agreement to have such things? Do you know who called he police or filed the complaint?
Minnesota's one of the few states that has a law in place prohibiting landlords from banning their tenants from storing firearms on the property. Assuming a BB gun falls into that category. Otherwise, I'm guessing there's no law against them banning certain kinds of toys.

Return to “Help Forum”