FROM BUSTED TO BANGIN': Advice required - XM203S

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

RavenCat

FROM BUSTED TO BANGIN': Advice required - XM203S

Post by RavenCat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:24 am

Okay, here's the situation: (parents are still at home, for those with a Will Smith reference... shush.)

Recently I purchased a MadBull XM203S used through eBay. The piece arrived, I'm ecstatic, etc., etc. - up until I realize the mounting hardware (screws AND plates) are missing - and the darn seller isn't responding. No word from eBay, either. So, pig in a poke... but I'mma be dipped if I can't use this baby on my G36C.

I've contacted various retailers without success in finding the actual pars (no one sells just the mounts, not even MadBull), and I've heard from several sources all I'd need would be two screws/hex pins of the appropriate size and a couple washers to lock it to the picatinny.

And of course, this "solution" didn't work. Who knew?

So, as I stand on the edge of a conundrum. I find myself pondering: Buy another unit (probably the less-expensive Arma) and just pull the parts I neerd for the MadBull, just get another unit (again, it would be the Arma - Weaponblender.com has them CHEAP) and save my MadBull for emergency repairs on that unit, or perhaps I could find some weaver rail mount parts and jury rig them to work on the current MadBull (as long as ugly works, it ain't ugly).

Some advisory type comments would be appreciated. May 30th is coming up quick, and as team grenadier, having a grenade launcher is kinda - well, yeah. You get the idea.

RavenCat

Re: FROM BUSTED TO BANGIN': Advice required - XM203S

Post by RavenCat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm

And the circumspect pieces parts:

1) The (partially constructed) launcher: This is... pretty much the way I received it. :( And sadly, the dirtbag sent a shell with NO bearings. All for $74. At least I can fix the MOSCART. Yay, me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3542jdem2uo8luo/tQ3IOuNSVc - Yes, this is the condition it came in. No lock bolts. No Weaver clamps.

2) "replacement screws" (and washers) - The closest thing I could find that fit and supposedly would work. Note, the supposedly. There are two washers. I ain't a total newb.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/z2807ygmbvm64be/wPm-J5ZXPt

3) one JG model 8606 (also known as G36C): My Beast. She needs a grenade launcher... STAT!
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7fu1ez6barq4bxu/ehA1Gk5iZA

Now, please note - when the launcher and 'replacement' parts are conjoined... the washers do NOTHING to hold the launcher on the rail. Ergo... USELESS.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bosvlxw1r3ei81g/PyY1rcdWfZ - once both washers are locked against the rail, there's still not enough 'grab' to hold the launcher in place for more than a few seconds, let alone through a match.

So far, my only recompense is I MIGHT be able to reclaim the $74.08 I put out for this pig in a pokle. Beyond that, I have no idea where to go from this. Any suggestions?

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:31 am

Drop box really isn't the best for image hosting. I would recommend Photobucket or similar for actually posting your images. I have removed the image tags to turn your bad [ img] links into good hyperlinks.

RavenCat

Post by RavenCat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Thanks, bikemancs. I'll have to set up a better host site.

Return to “Help Forum”