G17 Firing issue

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Speedy McDemon
Still A Newbie

G17 Firing issue

Post by Speedy McDemon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:40 am

So I just got a WE G17 to use as my new sidearm after losing all but one mag for my mk23 socom. The main problem with it is that the slide only cycles about halfway of what it should. I get maybe 6 or 7 of the "half cycles" then the gun just spits out gas. The mags dont leak as far as I can tell (I have listened to them but havent bubble tested them). Would this be an issue with the blowback unit? Or something else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: G17 Firing issue

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:46 am

Sound like you are filling the mags incorrectly.

Is your fill source full or near empty? Having a near empty fill source also slows the fill time.

Also you should not be using any type of count to fill your mags. Pull off the fill source when your mags are full of gas.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Speedy McDemon
Still A Newbie

Post by Speedy McDemon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:33 pm

I used a full canister of green gas. I filled the mag until I couldnt hear any gas moving. It has the same firing issue.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:54 pm

At this point it is undiagnosable over the internet.

Check the BBU to make sure its intact.

When it vents the gas is it a lot of gas or a little?

Also...do not assume refill tanks are perfect...not and then one comes with a defective release valve.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Speedy McDemon
Still A Newbie

Post by Speedy McDemon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:30 pm

It vents a one large quantity of gas.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Sounds like a BBU or knocker issue.

Got a video?

Speedy McDemon
Still A Newbie

Post by Speedy McDemon » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:13 am

I will try to put one on youtube, then link it

ilovethissport
Still A Newbie

Post by ilovethissport » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Im also having a similar issue with my TM glock, after fitting some parts I got from Guges (Thank you by the way) my gun is either doing half cycles or i only get like 4 real cycles and then it just gets stuck and spits out all of the gas, not to mention when it does cycle it is "slow" (aluminum prime rtf slide). I understand that this could be due to improper installation, (the front is a little "wiggly" [there is extra space between the bottom of the slide and the frame] if that makes any sense and the trigger pull is not smooth (it rubs somewhere). My slide contacts are polished, Im running propane (full can), so I dont see a definite issue. It is also notable that Tm mags work better than my stark or we. I in no way intend to take over this post i just figured as long as i have a similar issue this would be more appropriate than making an almost similar post for the same reason. Im going to do some more work on my glock tonight as i havent been able to in a while and return with an update.
Codename:"Sport"
Airsoft technician

ilovethissport
Still A Newbie

Post by ilovethissport » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:37 pm

...and guess whos loading nozzle is cracked..., its funny though, with a tm mag i was getting, like 17shots off (just tested, first numbers were off) but i cant get one cycle with starks, ill have to get a new nozzle from Guges and go from there. Op i recommend looking through your gun if you can, and check for cracks, premature wear, or binding parts, also polish your slide contacts and check your o rings, hope that helps.
Airsoft technician

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:40 am

Hey my intermediary post is missing....

TM G17 loading nozzle - 12.00 shipped.

ilovethissport
Still A Newbie

Post by ilovethissport » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Intermediary post?
Another little update: I totally cleaned, and reassembled the gun. With my TM or WE mags it will "cycle" a full mag now (about 27 rounds), but it doesn't have enough power to shoot a bb very far (because of the cracked nozzle) and I can't get a single "cycle" with either of my stark mags (brand spanking new) it just half cycles and spits out the whole mag worth of gas, I theorize that it because the springs in the starks aren't worn in as much yet and thus give less gas per shot. Guges ive decided that id like you to go through the whole gun (with whatever your premium package is), seeing and you are literally fluent in glock at this point my budget will be around $100-150 ,just do to it what you did to that g34 build , id love to hit 200ft with it accurately, we can discuss specifics over PM.
Airsoft technician

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 pm

My post between your two posts are missing.

Return to “Help Forum”