g18 problems

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Beta
Almost A Regular

g18 problems

Post by Beta » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:15 pm

So I just bought a stark arms g18 from the maa booth at the con on saturday and im having some problems with it. The slide is not fully returning forward. I can get off maybe 3 shots before it catches and I have to manually move the slide, and on full auto it will cycle about 6 shots and then catch. I am not really to well versed in glock, but the recoil spring does seem a little far worn and weaker than it should be, I have tried lubricating the gun but it has not helped much. Any idea's or input would be helpful.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: g18 problems

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 pm

How about a video demo of you loading it with gas and firing it.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Beta
Almost A Regular

Post by Beta » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:45 pm

That may be a little difficult, I am in an apartment so it may take me a little bit to be able to get a video up. I am thinking the nozzle may not have been installed properly as I am also have trouble removing the slide so I think it might be catching, the slide goes almost fully forward its just like a mm to short of returning.

*edit - after a little more tinkering i've noticed the arm for the recoil spring slides around with the littest movement and does not sit in with any pressure.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Diagnosing these things over words and the internet is near impossible.
Is this model with the selector on the side?
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Beta
Almost A Regular

Post by Beta » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:08 pm

yes, i will try to make a video but ill have to wait until my roomate is home and then i can try to make one.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:57 am

Hah...you didn't buy it from me... :P

Beta
Almost A Regular

Post by Beta » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Nope, this one I bought from the MAA booth. I should have just got one from you.

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:02 pm

You purchased this from me-

I really do apologize- to my knowledge this item was in working order. I would not have sold it if I knew there was any issue at all.

I can offer you a few options:

1. Swap the item for something else- I have two AEGs currently available (CA M4A1 and TM G36C)
2. See if Guges MK3 or Tank can repair it, and I will cover the repair cost
3. Refund 30% of the purchase price via PayPal
4. Return the item for a refund (*item must be in same condition/configuration as sold. I can't take it as a bag of dismantled parts)

Again, I'm very sorry for the trouble.
FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

Beta
Almost A Regular

Post by Beta » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:07 pm

I not mad at all, guns do this, they stop working at the worst time. I would like to keep the gun, I would just like to see it working since I did already buy more mags for the gun. my only problem is having an available day to bring the gun to chris or possibly mailing it to him.

Return to “Help Forum”