One question, one answer (tech questions only)

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Magkill
A Regular

One question, one answer (tech questions only)

Post by Magkill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:14 pm

It seems that we don't have an official tech questions and answers thread so I've mad this. When I was a part of airsoft society they had a thread like this and it was greatly used, I feel that we need one because... well I didn't want to start a new thread every time I had only one question so this thread was very useful for me hope fully it will be the same for all of you.

This thread is for every one to ask questions in!
Code name: magkill

Team: Task Force Pallaton

Weapon of choice g&g gr-25

Magkill
A Regular

Re: One question, one answer (tech questions only)

Post by Magkill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 pm

I'll start this one off.

What's the newer better motors? I have one in my gun from when it was upgraded but it doesn't have any markings on it to show what motor it is. Now I know it's not lonex, g&p, or tennily it's high torque and has supper strong magnets, strong enough to hold up a steel wrench on its side. Does any one know the motor I'm talking about? On The box I saw it in it showed a new design that created less heat and had air vents on the sides. The box it came in was tan ish with red and blue air flow symbols.

Jonnyboyman
A Regular

Post by Jonnyboyman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:34 pm

...Maybe ACM...?

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:40 am

Ok it might be but it's just hitting the market now so if you have heard of it a year ago it won't be it.

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:11 am

This should really be located in the help forum.

Might want to include a pic Magkill, might make ID'ing the motor easier.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Can one of the admins copy this thread and move it to the help forum? If they can't I'll just move it to the help forum.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:06 am

If it has vents...it maybe a Tienly clone.

However, the stick a wrench to it's side is not a discerning feature, because there are a lot of NEO motors on the market and they all can stick to a steel surface if you toss the motor on there.

So...I do support pictures.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm pretty sure it's not a clone. Master tcaa installed it, it was the best motor he had. What ever motor it was it was in some one else's gun that he upgraded and because they didn't pick it up in time he took his motor back and put it in my gun, it must be good because it cost $65. Master tcaa also said that it's better than the tinely motors, he also said it was a high torque too and perfectly fit vfc guns because he fixes so many Vfcs when the piston strips he also upgrades the motor and tappet plate because those are usually the next to go or break. Another tech question! Why does vfc never change out their bad pistons on their new guns even thou they know that they are bad? Cost? Are their too many out on the market so vfc won't make any more of the same gun?

IsparkTheLa
MAA Member

Post by IsparkTheLa » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:30 am

Hello

Like others have said, a picture of your motor could put this to rest.

Unfortunately, buying expensive products does not always mean you are getting quality products. Example: SystemA. For motors, I have always had good luck with neodymium ACM clones like SHS/Element/5KU. You can buy them for ~$25-$30. I would not consider the Lonex series to be a "good" motor. You are paying premium for a middle of the road motor.

Not to discourage you, but I do not see the benefit of one long run on "tech thread" such as this. Just my opinion, but I found it easier to scan through the topics in the help section where there are defined topic titles. That way you don't have to read through each post in the thread to decipher what question is being asked.
Today's problems cannot be solved if we still think the way we thought when we created them.

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:36 am

IsparkTheLa wrote:Not to discourage you, but I do not see the benefit of one long run on "tech thread" such as this. Just my opinion, but I found it easier to scan through the topics in the help section where there are defined topic titles. That way you don't have to read through each post in the thread to decipher what question is being asked.
Agreed. I also think having separate threads with meaningful titles makes it easier for people to search for answers to questions without making a new post.

Moved to the Help section, we'll see where this goes.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:29 am

Well...the only vented motor on the "open" market is Tienly. Are you sure you don't have one? If it came in a box it maybe a JG Blue M42

AIP are red or black, have a design flaw in their pinions, but are not vented.

So...without a picture (hint, hint...) we are all discussing the color of smoke in a room with no light.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:48 pm

I'll move this thread after I post this and get responses.

This is the motor gt 35000 f-5000 motor. It's a tienly it has the trades on the bottom, sorry I wasted your time. One last question. Is it good? It's a high torque motor.
image.jpg

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Tinley motors are very good
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Insanely good...

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 am

That explains why Dan priced it so high and talked about it so much. I got another question, my air nozzle cracked, it doesn't lower the fps when I took it out to paint ball pro and chromed it but I'm just worried if it wi affect my gun later on. Does any one have any suggestions or comments on the subject? Also, not an internal question, my fake bolt catch and internal dust cover (fake bolt) doesn't allow the charging handle to slide forward all the way, at the moment I took out the fake bolt and just let the dust cover open when the charging handle is pulled back. The only problem with this is that it could lead in it internal problems if the cylinder gets dents if shot or the hop up could also break if shot. Any Ideas about this?

Jonnyboyman
A Regular

Post by Jonnyboyman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:21 am

...keep your dust cover closed...

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:59 am

I thought about doing that...but... If I forget that it's open after taking it out of my gun bag it won't look good nor will the internals be protected by the externals. Any way that question was only a 1/4 my problems my real problem is the air nozzle breaking. Got any suggestions on that?

neoM4tech
A Regular

Post by neoM4tech » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 am

I would replace the air nozzle with either a lonex o-ring air nozzle or an shs aluminum o-ring nozzle. I have gotten great seals with both.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 am

Alright I'll ask if Dan has one of those two.

Again this is a forum for every one to ask questions in, so please ask away.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:35 am

Magkill wrote:That explains why Dan priced it so high and talked about it so much. I got another question, my air nozzle cracked, it doesn't lower the fps when I took it out to paint ball pro and chromed it but I'm just worried if it wi affect my gun later on. Does any one have any suggestions or comments on the subject? Also, not an internal question, my fake bolt catch and internal dust cover (fake bolt) doesn't allow the charging handle to slide forward all the way, at the moment I took out the fake bolt and just let the dust cover open when the charging handle is pulled back. The only problem with this is that it could lead in it internal problems if the cylinder gets dents if shot or the hop up could also break if shot. Any Ideas about this?
Its going to take quite a bit of force to dent a cylinder. If something did dent it...you may want to have the person who shot the cylinder arrested for Assault.

And shooting the hop-up while not easy can happen. However, the shot would have to be a perfect 100 degree shot.
neoM4tech wrote:I would replace the air nozzle with either a lonex o-ring air nozzle or an shs aluminum o-ring nozzle. I have gotten great seals with both.
I would not recommend either without knowing the true cylinder head you are using. It is a fact that parts do not always work well together and O-ring nozzles have been known to retard feeding action.

Some AEG's like the TM, G&P and others don't even use o-ring nozzles and anyone sporting a OB cylinder head will not even be able to install either of these nozzles.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:42 am

Do you mean a perfect 90 degree shot? And ya I'm not going to bother to fix the dust cover I'll just do what Jonny said. Dan said the air nozzle would cost $35 to replace (not worth It in my mind). can any one do it for cheaper and with the same experience?

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:49 am

I was thinking 90 initially...but ~100 due to the bb having to go in more off 90 to hit the dial to do any damage.

What is your stock cylinder head type? Standard V2? OB V2? You can get nozzles for 8.00 shipped from me.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:51 am

What's your labor cost? For fixing the piston?

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm

I thought you had a nozzle issue.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Ya Lol I meant air nozzle.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Depends.

If I have to tear down your AEG to get at the mechbox to do the swap...the fee will be higher than you just giving me the mechbox to sswap out the part in.

And then the model of the AEG makes a difference too. Anything with the "jiggly" door syndrome gets an additional 20.00 tacked on to the price.

Jonnyboyman
A Regular

Post by Jonnyboyman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 pm

...what is "jiggly door syndrome"?

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 am

Ya what is that? I'm thinking shiming but I know that's not correct. Is it gear box shell related looseness? Also it's a m4es tactical by Vfc v2. The only way it would have problems is if Dan put in any thing that's not fitting but I already used it in a game with his upgrades and I gotta say it works perfectly even with the cracked air nozzle. could it have broken from the new tappet plate or piston? Could the new high torque motor wear things down easier or faster?

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:01 am

Magkill wrote:Ya what is that? I'm thinking shiming but I know that's not correct. Is it gear box shell related looseness? Also it's a m4es tactical by Vfc v2. The only way it would have problems is if Dan put in any thing that's not fitting but I already used it in a game with his upgrades and I gotta say it works perfectly even with the cracked air nozzle. could it have broken from the new tappet plate or piston? Could the new high torque motor wear things down easier or faster?
Jiggly Door Syndrome

Its the feature that makers put in the Low End AEG's to make it seem like it is a "better" value.

Take your pick on which one you want to see:

https://www.google.com/search?q=AEG+ele ... ck&tbm=vid

It adds complexity to an AEG, it offers no performance advantages, it is UNREALISTIC, no one that sees/hears it on the other team will care in fact its the opposite and it give upgraders headaches...

Case number 1

Newbie: "...my door does not move any more..."

Tuner: "Yes...I disconnected it due to your higher ROF. The door can/will jam and lock up the AEG..."

Newbie: "...but it does not move any more..."

Tuner: "Learn to play better and worry less about your jiggly door!"

Or case number two.

Newbie: "...my door does not move any more..."

Tuner: "I had to change out the cylinder head due to the higher FPS spring and had to compensate for the weaker mechbox shell."

Newbie: "...but it does not move any more..."

Tuner: "I can put it back in and then after 500 shots you can pay for a new mechbox shell and spend more money on a preventable issue."

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:16 am

It's not a low grade gun, it doesn't have a blow back feature, and no it's a Vfc even if it had a blow back feature it wouldn't even be oem by Vfc epically a gun that is considered the sportline edition of a Vfc would have a blow back system. I don't think we're on the same page here I have a gun with out a blow back feature. And when I said my fake bolt I meant a non moving bolt it will only move if I pull the charging handle back... But I took it out cause it pissed me of to the point where I didn't even want to tinker with it any more.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:43 am

Jonny asked...so I explained...I made no reference to yours MK.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:48 pm

aaaahhhhh sorry I'm so confused today. :(

neoM4tech
A Regular

Post by neoM4tech » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:44 pm

MK if you need help swapping out the nozzle let me know. I am in chanhassen and available most evenings and weekends. You bring the parts you want installed and a can of nos (the energy drink obviously) and i will do the labor for free. I just like working on airsoft guns. A nozzle swap usually takes a little over an hour when doing a few diy mods while in there.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:47 pm

I'll think about giving it to you but in addition to swapping out the air nozzle I also need to up the fps from 360 to 390 so Ill have to think about it. Also Dan had all the parts on hand so it's much easier to just to give it to him.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:16 am

I got another question. In addition to swapping out the air nozzle I want to up the fps from 360 to 390 I'm thinking about getting a new spring in my gun but I don't want anything to break from the spring being strong. Any one got any ideas on the subject?

neoM4tech
A Regular

Post by neoM4tech » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:20 pm

a 110 or 120 will get you there depending on brand (different brands measure differently). Here is a link to fps per spring that i use as reference.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-lo ... utput.html

Either of these springs are not going to cause a lot of stress. A decent motor and a good shim job along with some DIY mods will ensure long life to the gun. Not a difficult thing to accomplish with that goal.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Vfc upgrade inner barrels. Are they any good?

Jonnyboyman
A Regular

Post by Jonnyboyman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 pm

...just polish if you are in doubt...
How do they work "on the field"? I think you would know more from your experience than someone else telling you (unless you want a comparison...).

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:26 am

Lol noooooo Vfc is selling better barrels separate, not with the gun. Im only asking if any one has bought one and used it.

*Also how much is it for Airsoft station to fix my gun minus the parts or how much is the labor cost for them to replace an air nozzle and a spring?

*What type of spring will get me to 400 fps with stock compression parts In a Vfc when the stock fps is currently 360?
Last edited by Magkill on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsparkTheLa
MAA Member

Post by IsparkTheLa » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Magkill wrote: Also how much is it for Airsoft station to fix my gun minus the parts or how much is the labor cost for them to replace an air nozzle and a spring?
Have you tried calling them?
Today's problems cannot be solved if we still think the way we thought when we created them.

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Ya but their was no clear answer the last time I called them.

Jonnyboyman
A Regular

Post by Jonnyboyman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Last time I was Airsoft Station they said they charged $20/hr on tech work... and also $150 for RHop!!!

neoM4tech
A Regular

Post by neoM4tech » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:32 pm

*cough*I am cheaper than Airsoft Station*cough* lol

I do like supporting the only real retail airsoft store in the area, so I go there for parts from time to time. Sure ordering parts you can find things cheaper, but sometimes it is nice to have it in hand ASAP.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Magkill wrote:Lol noooooo Vfc is selling better barrels separate, not with the gun. Im only asking if any one has bought one and used it.

*Also how much is it for Airsoft station to fix my gun minus the parts or how much is the labor cost for them to replace an air nozzle and a spring?

*What type of spring will get me to 400 fps with stock compression parts In a Vfc when the stock fps is currently 360?
Depends on your barrel length and cylinder type.

Airsoft upgrades is not video game gun upgrades where part x gives you performance y. It all varies...

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Ya I under stand the upgrade twists and turns (not how to upgrade guns) the only thing I'm really asking is full on better performance, not maybe be better for the gun. Example is this one hundred percent better for the gun answers is what I'm looking for.

Also another question, is I have an ics double air seal or double rubber ringed cylinder head.(I'm sorry I for got what it's called) will it work with the cylinder? Also will it work with the stock Vfc piston head? I'm thinking I could use it with the stock air nozzle and on top of that the air nozzle fits perfect with the ics cylinder. Derp both came with the same gun lol.

neoM4tech
A Regular

Post by neoM4tech » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:57 pm

so long as the back of the cylinder head and the front of the piston head are both the same shape (usually they are flat with a few exceptions) then you are fine. assuming they are all for the same type of gun that is

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:51 pm

I take back the info a about the cylinder being ics it's src. Will this be considered an up grade over the stock Vfc cylinder head?

http://www.airsoftstation.com/srcup02-. ... mMoqZm9LCQ

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:55 pm

If your cylinder head seals poorly on a VFC cylinder...no, its Not an 'Upgrade".

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:01 am

It might leak it might not the only reason why I want to swap the two out is because the fps is only 360 not the out of the box 400 like how I want it to be. I was thinking two o rings would last longer than the one in a Vfc also it's metal. Is the cylinder head in a Vfc metal? I really don't want to have to have some one crack open the gear box open again any time soon so I their any thing I should have dan swap out In addition to the air nozzle and the previous up grades that dan already did like the piston tappet plate and motor? I only have $50 to do a the upgrades.

IsparkTheLa
MAA Member

Post by IsparkTheLa » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Use that $50 to buy mags, batteries and bbs. Then take what money you have left and spend it on field fees so you can get out and play.

360fps is just fine. There will be very little benefit to increasing the velocity to 400.

Not all air nozzles and cylinder heads are compatible. If the stock ones seal, I wouldn't change them out.

Return to “Help Forum”