VFC G19 Problem/Question

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Crying1986

VFC G19 Problem/Question

Post by Crying1986 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi,

This is my first airsoft gun. It was everything that I was looking for in a gun.

My problem is that the gun consistently fires about 3 inches low and 3 inches right.. I shoot indoors from a distance of about 2o feet.

Is there anything that I could do to rectify this problem?

Thank you.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: VFC G19 Problem/Question

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Are you right handed?
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Crying1986

Post by Crying1986 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 am

Indeed I am. Am I doing something stupid?

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 am

Bad shooting skills.

Your pulling the trigger down and to the right. You need to practice pulling the trigger straight back.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

neoM4tech
A Regular

Post by neoM4tech » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 am

Guges is right. common mistake till you get used to pistols. if you don't believe him nor i then try this. use a vice, or other means of locking the pistol in place, and see what happens.

found this with a quick google search
"Incorrect trigger squeeze causes more marksmanship problems than any other part of firing a pistol. Flinching is the natural human reaction to the anticipation of recoil and jerking is the quick pulling of the trigger as the sights cross a target. Both will result in inaccurate fire. Proper trigger squeeze is the independent movement of the trigger finger relative to the rest of the pistol. Ideally the shooter should never know when the gun will discharge. The trigger pull should be a slow steady increase of pressure until the hammer drops. Done correctly, a smooth trigger squeeze will allow the shooter to keep the sights on target and assure a hit"

its about real steel, but the idea is the same.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:43 am

Some of you may have seen me running the shooting booth at the MN Explorer's Convention in Rochester.

The best Explorer shooting scored about ~246 out of 300 at targets that were 21 feet away. Target was only 5" in diameter and the 9/10 combined was only 1" in diameter. It took this explorer two tries I think to get this score.

An "advisor", real cop score 267 on his first try. OT - He loved the way the 3HK pistols had trigger reset and such....

This means these Officers shot a ~9 or better (1") hole at 21 feet with a stock 3HK Glock with the hop-up off.

Its skill and not the pistol.

Crying1986

Post by Crying1986 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Thank you guys very much. I will continue to practice, and hopefully in time, my technique will improve and thus my accuracy will be spot on. Your help is greatly appreciated.

gottabea1911
Almost A Regular

Post by gottabea1911 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:50 am

this sounds kinda dumb but it worked really well for me. get a cheap spring gun and use it to practice in your spare time.
because its a springer it forced me to slow down and think about what i was doing more. which over time greatly increased my accuracy.
your gun is as unique as you make it

Return to “Help Forum”