Problem with Selector Switch.

Have GUN questions? Ask here.

For general & advanced questions about Airsoft upgrades, maintenance, aftermarket add ons, etc.

This is NOT a forum to ask for general Airsoft Help. If you want that, post in the General or Newbie sections.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Problem with Selector Switch.

Post by DasOmen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Alright, so my Selector Switch on my JG Full metal M4 is busted. I haven't used it much other than to do something MAA's BATC Training, I've maybe sent 2,000 rounds threw it. On safe it will fire Simi auto, On Simi Auto it will fire Simi auto for about 3 or 4 shots then it'll fire Full auto. But it works just fine on full Auto. If any one has any ideas on how to fix this/what I should do please reply.

Thanks! DasOmen.
LEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY JIIIIIINNNNNNKKKKKKKIIINNNNSSSSS!!!!!!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: Problem with Selector Switch.

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Cut-off lever issue in SA...and that requires you to open the mechbox to fix.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Could also be a selector plate issue. Which also requires complete dis-assembly to replace.
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Jonnyboyman
A Regular

Post by Jonnyboyman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:38 am

You could also (probably should) take it to Master TCAA to take a look if you're not experienced with opening gearboxes and working with internals.

Master TCAA
MAA Member

Post by Master TCAA » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:07 am

Come to my shop and ill take a look at it. I also have a lot of other cool stuff to check out.
612-414-7788
When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
BATC grad 10-11
MAA Member #94
Team: Wolverines

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Thanks for the reply guys! However, TCAA I'm very new to this site, and even this state. I did already send it out to be fixed (For free, still under warranty I guess) to Airsplat, now I'm just waiting to get it back.

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Master TCAA wrote:Come to my shop and ill take a look at it. I also have a lot of other cool stuff to check out.
612-414-7788

If you don't mind me asking, where is you're shop? I'm always looking for new Air soft suppliers! (As long as I don't have to drive to hell and back to get there....)

Trippy
MAA Member

Post by Trippy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:10 pm

He's in Otsego: You go through the hell of the suburbs and keep going.
Morris Team
BATC 0509 Honor Grad
The Fastest Airsofter in Minnesota

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Trippy wrote:He's in Otsego: You go through the hell of the suburbs and keep going.

Where is Otsego? I haven't even herd of the place. Lol

neoM4tech
A Regular

Post by neoM4tech » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:03 am

Google search is your friend.

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:49 am

neoM4tech wrote:Google search is your friend.

Amen! :mrgreen: That is one heck of a drive from Austin MN, I'd be amazed if my cell phone worked threw most of it!

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Up date on this problem!

I sent it back to the store I bought it at (Airsplat) and they said they'd fixed it, turns out they did! But after one CQB game, the gear box was locked! I called Airsplat and asked what I should do, they said send it back..... So I did, got it back and did another game... This time outdoors... Gear box locked up again. Once more, I called Airsplat and demanded they make this right, after about a week of battling with customer service they reluctantly took it back and "fixed" it again.. Still, it did not fire right, the FPS had dropped to almost nothing, and the hop-up was now no longer working at all. At this point I'd had it with the gun and all of the problems it had out of the box and dealing with Airsplat, I sold any good parts and the shell for dirt cheap.

Now after all of that "crap" I'd dealt with... I switched retailers! Airsoft GI and Airsoft Station have never done me wrong. I bought my new gun (KWA RIS M4) and some extras, Optics, Rail raiser, and four-grip, I've played a lot of outdoor games with my new gun and am loving it! I plan to add a standard m4 hop-up unit, longer inner barrel and a mock suppressor, as well as some "Spec" items, grips, and rail covers.

Thank you you guys for all the advice and support in helping me getting my old P.O.S fixed, if you guys have any suggestions or ideas on how to make my new gun look and perform better, please, Let me know!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:44 am

Being that this is a new gun and seems to be your only gun and it's working.

Let's not repeat the issue of your last gun by upgrading it at this time.

You need to play with it and then upgrade it based on YOUR play style, not other play styles.

So, with that...go and play 10 times before you do your first upgrade.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Guges Mk3 wrote:Being that this is a new gun and seems to be your only gun and it's working.

Let's not repeat the issue of your last gun by upgrading it at this time.

You need to play with it and then upgrade it based on YOUR play style, not other play styles.

So, with that...go and play 10 times before you do your first upgrade.

As you read in my other post, I'm already doing work to the gun. I do play often at a friends farm land in the middle of nowhere, at least twice a week (I've been doing it for about two months now). The gun preforms good, just not as awesome as I'd like right now! I do have other AEG's and that I'd bought a while ago and haven't used much at all that just need to be cleaned up! I have an Echo 1 Full Metal ER-25KR, and a VFC Full Metal FN Herstal SCAR-H MK17 CQC, as well as my side arm, So I have other guns to use while my KWA is getting worked on.

The problem with the last gun is that it just stopped working, I never opened it up, nor did do any upgrades to it at all (Other than a flash hider), I think I just got a Lemon Gun. It shouldn't happen, but sadly it dose.

Return to “Help Forum”