Latest Douchebag

Discuss Safety issues and possible training ideas.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Erik
MAA Member

Latest Douchebag

Post by Erik » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:48 am

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/loc ... gun_080409

The latest douchebag is an unnamed juvenille whose stupidity and lack of judgement boggles the mind. He's extremely lucky to be alive after what he did.
CONCORD, N.H. - Police arrested a 13-year old boy today for allegedly shooting a police officer in the shoulder with an Airsoft pellet gun. The juvenile shot the officer in the shoulder while the officer was driving in a police cruiser down Old Loudon Road, according to police.

Police confiscated the gun and arrested the boy for reckless conduct at his home. The juvenile resisted arrest and was eventually released to a parent.
110% PureBred Professional GunFighter
Team PALADIN
BATC Commandant
MAA Plank Owner
MAA Safety Officer 2001-2012
United States Army 1988-2000

Comrade_Moscow

Re: Latest Douchebag

Post by Comrade_Moscow » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 pm

It's exactly that sort of thing that gives people the wrong idea about airsoft.

ddombrock2009

Post by ddombrock2009 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Its like the kids who stash mini electrics in their backpacks and play with them during school. What makes them think that A. Its okay or B. that its even a good idea to begin with?! Now I wont lie, I do and probably always will think it would be awesome to play airsoft in my school after everyones gone but will I ever go through with it? Pssht no!

Sad that Im only 18 and already saying "Kids these days..."
Guns don't kill people. The proper application of sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control kills people.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm

It also shows how great the parents are too. Another child raised by "TV", don't know any better, don't act any better and will be a drain on society in the future.

And the Juvenile Justice system will expect his parent to take care of him...which means nothing...
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Shock&Awe
Extremely Regular

Post by Shock&Awe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 pm

I know a few people at my school who are my age (JUNIORS in high school) and have shot at cops/squad cars with airsoft guns. They think it's the funniest thing and want to risk getting arrested.
Former Airborne Infantryman 2011-2015

Molon Labe

Mailman
Extremely Regular

Post by Mailman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:23 pm

I was just in a situation with a kid in my school yesterday day. He says "I like to play at this one PUBLIC golf course with my friends. They all have snipers though, so I am always getting sniped out(has has a springer)" I told him he was an idiot.(Not just because of that, also because I just general don't like him) I told him to stop, and that there was a whole community of players that he did not know existed, that play as a dedicated hobby. I have a feeling he did not listen to a word I said. I have cough him talking about a whole slew of illegal activity involving airsoft. :evil:
BATC 5-10 Honor Grad
The most dangerous weapon in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass.

uRizen
MAA Member

Post by uRizen » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:32 am

We almost need a slick pamphlet we can give to the parents that are supplying these weapons to their kids and are generally clueless as to what stupidity they are encouraging.

*edit: why aren't the suppliers (most likely the brainless parents) of these weapons getting prosecuted? I was under the impression that supplying airsoft weaponry to a minor was a punishable offense.
MAA Member #89
BATC Graduate, Class 5-10

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:03 am

It is...but who's going to Police and Enforce it?
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Shady-Cadence
MS40 Rangers

Post by Shady-Cadence » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:59 am

Nothing needs to be policed. When events like this go down, the parents are charged.

That's like saying who's going to police the underage consumption of alcohol? No one, it will be dealt with as it arises.
De Oppresso Liber
BATC Honor grad 10-07, MAA Member #76 -- TOC Co-Founder http://www.tocairsoft.com
Dietrich Werner, Grenadier. Kampfgruppe West, 8th Regiment, 3rd Panzergrenadier Division. http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com

pvtpease420
Somewhat Regular

Post by pvtpease420 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:10 pm

as a juvinile i shot out windows with a bb gun but i learned my lesson quick not a good idea thankfully with are justice system the way it is i got a second chance and have used that to steer some kids clear of incarceration but there is no excuse for shooting at a cop while hes driving or one that walking thats just beyond comprehensible so as for this kid goes i hope they give him the book on this cause i sure wasnt let go easy
the perfect storm of 5.56, 7.62, and .50 cal rounds can make any enemy's day a bad one- Robert Pease

CIA agent that went missing on a company fishing trip

Mitu
MAA Member

Post by Mitu » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:31 pm

pvtpease420 wrote:as a juvinile i shot out windows with a bb gun but i learned my lesson quick not a good idea thankfully with are justice system the way it is i got a second chance and have used that to steer some kids clear of incarceration but there is no excuse for shooting at a cop while hes driving or one that walking thats just beyond comprehensible so as for this kid goes i hope they give him the book on this cause i sure wasnt let go easy
I dont normally make posts like this, but, seriously. Grammar and punctuation are your friends. At least settle for the occasional period.
"Tyro and I are agreeing on something. This must mean it is conclusive."-Wolfwood
BATC Graduate 03-05

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Shady-Cadence wrote:Nothing needs to be policed. When events like this go down, the parents are charged.

That's like saying who's going to police the underage consumption of alcohol? No one, it will be dealt with as it arises.
Oh wow...I have been on the "island" way to long...its not how things work here. There is innocence if reasonable doubt exists.

If a kid gets an Airsoft gun (And its very heavily legislated here) and he shoots out something with it. "We" cannot cite the parents for any action due to the uncertainty that the kid may not have gotten it with the parents permission.

We would just hook up the Kid, confiscate the AG and then release the kid back to the parent within 6 hours.

So in other locals...it means squat...you can't charge the parents.

And actually in MN you cannot charge a parent for underage consumption either...if they are at their home and allowed it...its legal. If they did it behind a store without the parents awareness...the parents are "not" chargeable. Any lawyer will argue this and will win most of the time...

Turtle Bird
Almost A Regular

Post by Turtle Bird » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Guges Mk3 wrote:
And actually in MN you cannot charge a parent for underage consumption either...if they are at their home and allowed it...its legal. If they did it behind a store without the parents awareness...the parents are "not" chargeable. Any lawyer will argue this and will win most of the time...
Getting a little off topic here, but parents can get charged with 'Providing to a Minor' if parents buy for their child and then he consumes off site (ie not in their home)... not a cool way to blow 3 Gs...
"Hero's get remembered, but legends never die." - Babe Ruth

"My Marine can pick off your honor student from a click and a half." - Bumper sticker on some redneck's Silverado

Return to “Safety & Training”