Disc Golfing

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

thetaco
Exceptionally Regular

Disc Golfing

Post by thetaco » Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Soooo, I just figured I'd post this up here because I play the game, and I have heard that a few others on the board do too. I was hoping to utilize this thread for people to share their experiences and where they play at. Maybe in the future it can also be used to organize a get together of players, cause disc golfing alone can get a little boring sometimes.

Oh, and btw, if you refer to the game as "frolfing", you have marked yourself. No one who actually plays calls it that.

I have been disc golfing for about three years now, relatively new to it, and I only own six discs. As far as courses go, my group of friends and I primarily play at Lochness park and Acorn, although we do venture down to Bassett Creek once in awhile. About twice a month I hit up Blue Ribbon with a couple buddies for a full day of disking.
"Courage isn't that you can see what lies ahead; courage means you will advance not knowing but doing at all costs."
Byron Pulsifer

DeltaOP4
A Regular

Re: Disc Golfing

Post by DeltaOP4 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:31 pm

I go play at the course in ham lake every once in awhile.

Ozzy
Exceedingly Regular

Post by Ozzy » Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Hansen
Acorn
Silverview
Whitebear

frolf by day, joe rogan podcast by night...all day!

Frolfed for 3-4 years, still suck but I can pretty much guarantee a longer drive than most of you momo's
"you don't want beef with people like me, so don't pretend/ I'll resurrect yo aborted baby and kill it again!/you get no props in hip hop/ like feminine men!"

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed May 28, 2014 1:40 pm

I played a ton in 2000-2002. Hurt my arm playing and stopped for a couple years. Played league but nothing fancy, was never that good. In the PALADIN group we played a bit and I was probably the strongest player next to Scuzzo. Started playing with a REDDIT group last year and play once a week on Thursday's at Acorn. I'm in the middle of the group skill wise. i have my good and bad days. Shot a -2 with a partner last week (we play everything as 3's).

I have a bag in my car at all times with about 6 spares and another bag in my house of old shite no one uses anymore including some that are not "legal".

I've played all over the state but not as much of the new stuff recently. I dislike pay courses but don;t mind if that's where my group wants to go. Acorn is one of my favs even though it gets mad busy.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

DeltaOP4
A Regular

Post by DeltaOP4 » Thu May 29, 2014 6:54 am

Im actually going to elm creek park in Maple Grove tomorrow. Anybody know if thats a fun course?

Return to “Off Topic”