I get that some people don't like me.

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

thentantt
MAA Member

I get that some people don't like me.

Post by thentantt » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 am

As time came by i figured that some members on here don't seem to like me so much, i get that and to those i offend or to those that don't like me i'm sorry.
I do hope to better myself, i am still growing. So hopefully to those who don't fond me so much i hope to change that, i try not to make enemies and sadly i have. so hopefully i hope to change myself to better others.

Admin i don't know if this is the place for this post but if it isn't please let me know and i'll move it.
Bah-Bah-Boom!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: I get that some people don't like me.

Post by Guges Mk3 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 am

Huh?

What happened? Since you brought it up...
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Rabid-Weasel
MAA Member

Post by Rabid-Weasel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:25 pm

I am also unsure of the reason for the post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jim
~BATC Grad 05-10
~MAA Member #91

b.lee.swagger
Regular

Post by b.lee.swagger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Most people around here are actually pretty friendly, but especially during the winter, the continuous amount of new people asking the same questions over and over... I largely stopped using the forums for this reason. We should be thankful to those who stick around to give us good info!
Sipma02

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:54 pm

I think that a large part of this could be mistaken intentions/misunderstood wording.

this is kind of a frequent thing on forums. it can stem from several things.

1. Forum vets react negatively to the same subjects/questions being re-hashed by every new board member that walks through the door. Sometimes this is unfounded as it may seem to be "common knowledge" or "common sense" but sometimes these issues may not be as simple to someone who has no idea how it works. I think that everyone is guilty of this at some point, but some more then others.

2. New people try to short-hand things, don't input all information, don't follow posting rules, tYp3 l1k3 dis, or just make everything a huge run-on sentence. almost everyone is going to react negatively to a post that is not easily legible. this isn't an early age text message, its a forum. type things out clearly and completely.

3. Many questions have actually been talked about already, especially common questions like:
"what do you think of XXXX upgrade parts?"
"should I upgrade my rifle?"
"will XXXX part give me XXXX result?"
"If I'm underage, can i use XXXX equipment?"
"will you bend/or allow an exception to XXXX rule?" (the answer is always no, btw)

4. Sometimes people misunderstand the emotion/intention behind a post because written text isn't always as clear as spoken words. Remember to give people the benefit of the doubt and don't think that everyone is out to start a fight. Most people on here, especially those of us that have been around awhile are actually very willing to help and may give you some good-natured ribbing but we (usually) won't just rip into you unless you are doing/planning/talking about something that is actually very stupid and dangerous/illegal.

5. some people don't know how to make it clear that they aren't being mean, or come off as being rude. I know there are a few people that have particular issues with that, but I also know that it isn't usually intentional. so take everything with a grain of salt, what you're reading might just be poorly worded.

The point is... don't take anything on a forum too seriously. you don't know the intention behind what people are posting and what you are taking as dislike or insults could be friendly joking.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:35 am

And those of you that have met me know I am nothing like my Forum personality.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

thentantt
MAA Member

Post by thentantt » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Sorry for taking forever to reply back, finals week is up and I've been busy haha. But I wrote to post originally because I noticed that over time I've been on the wrong foot with people! I wasn't referring to anyone on here in particular, but to people over time whom I just haven't been on good grounds with. In general all of you are great people, way nicer people then the other forum members on other sites....*cough cough* mnbmw...haha
Bah-Bah-Boom!

Return to “Off Topic”