Favorite Work Boots

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Larzon
A Regular

Favorite Work Boots

Post by Larzon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:26 am

Just wondering what everyone's favorite type of work boots are. I personally like Catepillar Second Shifts but am looking for something else. A little review on how durable they are would be great.

Thanks,
Alex
Kid at CP- Dude you should totaly call your hits!
Me- Dude I was totaly totaly taking pictures.
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." -C.S. Lewis-

Trippy
MAA Member

Re: Favorite Work Boots

Post by Trippy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:36 am

I have these: http://workingperson.com/carhartt-boots ... 18742.html

I got them in 2005 and use them off and on for fairly heavy duty work. My main requirement when I got them was to have as little synthetic on them as possible (I use them with hot metal) and have them be available at a specific hardware store. Good boots, and they've held up well.
Morris Team
BATC 0509 Honor Grad
The Fastest Airsofter in Minnesota

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:57 pm

I wear 5.11 ATAC Shields every day at work. They tend to last me about 4 years before they really start to fall apart , but they also see quite a lot of abuse.

They are comfortable, even after a 14 hour work day, and do a good job protecting the foot and ankle. My only complaint is that they are damned uncomfortable to run in, but that's not really a problem most of the time.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

thetaco
Exceptionally Regular

Post by thetaco » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Bates 8" waterproof Ultra-Lites w/ the waterproofing. Have worn them for everything from everyday walking to being on my feet twelve hours a shift when we do duty shifts. They take the abuse, and unlike a lot of companies out there, Bates' waterproofing is truly waterproof. Never had a leak in the three years I have had them. Leather is taking some abuse, but I can still get the boot to a high shine if I need too.
"Courage isn't that you can see what lies ahead; courage means you will advance not knowing but doing at all costs."
Byron Pulsifer

Speedy McDemon
Still A Newbie

Post by Speedy McDemon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:38 pm

I have the Danner Quarry boots. The 8" ones. I love them. They are comfortable for the 10 to 12 hour work days. And none of my toes are broken thanks to the metal toe (I have dropped quite a few propellers that were too hot to handle on them)

Return to “Off Topic”