seeking new recruits!

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

The Slacker

seeking new recruits!

Post by The Slacker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm

hey guys, Slacker here, i have a elite team thats looking for new members! add me and message me a little bout yourself and what your gear/loadout are. CATCH YA LATER!!
CEO- S.S.O.
Major, S.A.A.

"Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted"

Gir
MAA Member

Re: seeking new recruits!

Post by Gir » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:02 pm

The Slacker wrote:hey guys, Slacker here, i have a elite team thats looking for new members!
I'm sorry, but i cannot convince myself you are elite, if your safety protocol allows you to pose for a picture in your front yard, where all your neighbors can see you holding guns.
Basic Combat Training (US Army) 11-08, Honor Graduate...
OP's Attended: New Dawn

The Slacker

Post by The Slacker » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:22 am

well, we all are seasoned vets of airsoft, Gir. I've been plenty of wars, and no offence but the neighbors said we can play there, yes i'm sure there's alot i can learn, but i'm elite at airsoft, BELIEVE. ME.
CEO- S.S.O.
Major, S.A.A.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:30 am

Yeah! What do you know Gir, your not even Elite and you have military training...
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Post by Sharpshot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:21 am

The Slacker wrote:well, we all are seasoned vets of airsoft, Gir. I've been plenty of wars, and no offence but the neighbors said we can play there, yes i'm sure there's alot i can learn, but i'm elite at airsoft, BELIEVE. ME.
Just because the neighbors say you can does not mean it is LEGAL. That is of much more importance, especially to people whom are on these boards. I would check the city ordinances where you are playing to make sure you can actually be playing where you are playing. Also, it is generally a bad idea to have airsoft guns out in public in any are where someone is likely to see you. All it takes is one person to get worried by the sight of a gun, and call the police for the "fun" to be over.

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

andre
MAA Member

Post by andre » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:21 am

The Slacker wrote: but i'm elite at airsoft, BELIEVE. ME.
What level are you?
MAA member # 93,BATC Grad 05-10, Gun fighter level 1
http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com : Russian 198th Rifle Div.
Hero of The Soviet Union
Lion Claws veteran
Looking forward to the next MNSOC game.

Pappy
FoRt Team

Post by Pappy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 am

andre wrote:
The Slacker wrote: but i'm elite at airsoft, BELIEVE. ME.
What level are you?
I'm on my 10th airsoft prestige..... Take that.
- Pappy
FORT TEAM
MAA Member #30

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:50 am

I just couldn't resist.

But seriously, there is no such thing as being "Elite" at airsoft. What would make an "elite" airsofter in your opinion?
MAA Membership Officer
I was born to be a pessimist... my blood type is "B-Negative"
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 pm

The Slacker wrote:hey guys, Slacker here, i have a elite team thats looking for new members! add me and message me a little bout yourself and what your gear/loadout are. CATCH YA LATER!!
The Slacker wrote:well, we all are seasoned vets of airsoft, Gir. I've been plenty of wars, and no offence but the neighbors said we can play there, yes i'm sure there's alot i can learn, but i'm elite at airsoft, BELIEVE. ME.
Calling yourself "elite" tells everyone that you are pretty much anything but.
Also the "plenty of wars" thing tells everyone you are very new to airsoft. Only newbs call them "wars". But don't feel bad everyone was a newb at some point. You just happened to show up waiving a giant "I'm a newb" banner.

You're new to airsoft, and your super excited about the hobby/sport, and that's great. Just relax, don't make silly claims, don't take yourself too seriously. You are going to catch a some crap, just roll with it, don't get defensive and it'll go away.
Also keep in mind that there are quite a few people here that have been doing this for a LONG time (for example 2013 will be my 16th year) some of who are former/current Military/Law Enforcement; so you're not going to BS your way around these forums.

Now as the the neighbor thing (it's been mentioned already to I won't get too into it)...The MAA is VERY serious about safe, LEGAL airsoft. Those people who do not take the safety/legal stuff seriously don't tend to be here very long.
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Tank wrote:
The Slacker wrote:hey guys, Slacker here, i have a elite team thats looking for new members! add me and message me a little bout yourself and what your gear/loadout are. CATCH YA LATER!!
Calling yourself "elite" tells everyone that you are pretty much anything but.
Also the "plenty of wars" thing tells everyone you are very new to airsoft. Only newbs call them "wars". But don't feel bad everyone was a newb at some point. You just happened to show up waiving a giant "I'm a newb" banner.

You're new to airsoft, and your super excited about the hobby/sport, and that's great. Just relax, don't make silly claims, don't take yourself too seriously. You are going to catch a some crap, just roll with it, don't get defensive and it'll go away.
Also keep in mind that there are quite a few people here that have been doing this for a LONG time (for example 2013 will be my 16th year) some of who are former/current Military/Law Enforcement; so you're not going to BS your way around these forums.

Now as the the neighbor thing (it's been mentioned already to I won't get too into it)...The MAA is VERY serious about safe, LEGAL airsoft. Those people who do not take the safety/legal stuff seriously don't tend to be here very long.
Who are you and what have you done with Tank?

I used to import Airsoft from Canada...back in the early 1990's.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Gir
MAA Member

Post by Gir » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

The Slacker wrote: I've been plenty of wars.
Damn, I've only been to one...
The Slacker wrote:no offence but the neighbors said we can play there, yes i'm sure there's alot i can learn
First thing i'd learn is to not listen to your neighbors for legal advice about waving AK47's around in the streets. This isn't Syria...
Guges Mk3 wrote:Yeah! What do you know Gir, your not even Elite and you have military training...
*One tear, just rolled down my cheek*... But i watch Making the Cut every day???
Basic Combat Training (US Army) 11-08, Honor Graduate...
OP's Attended: New Dawn

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Guges Mk3 wrote:Who are you and what have you done with Tank?
I was having a rare moment of being nice. (It fulfills my yearly quota.)
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Dylan,
Is it ok if I call you Dylan, yes, great. Please don't take anything said above the wrong way. Although we are great people if you were to meet us in real life, on the message board however we get plenty of new people that join on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis that claim to have been playing for a long time, been in many "wars" but have never actually been out to large scale game. People tend to take you a little bit more seriously when you do not claim to be "elite", claim to have played in many "wars", and come back down to earth. We are not here to argue with you as to how many games you have attended with your friend in your backyards, thats is not what we are hear for. What we are here for however is to make sure people play games in a safe and secure manor. As stated above, no matter how much your neighbors state its ok for you to run around your neighborhood shooting your guns at each other it just takes one person you do not know to drive by and think you are out to kill someone. With all of the recent shootings it would not be within you best intrest to play in a public place. You would be better off playing at an insured location. Luckily for you there is actually a field within Big Lake. You might want to reach out to Travis on the boards to see when he might host his next game. He is also on facebook I believe and you can connect with him there as well.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."
-Rifleman's Creed

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Post by Dark_zero_x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Digital wrote:
Dylan,
Is it ok if I call you Dylan, yes, great. Please don't take anything said above the wrong way. Although we are great people if you were to meet us in real life, on the message board however we get plenty of new people that join on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis that claim to have been playing for a long time, been in many "wars" but have never actually been out to large scale game. People tend to take you a little bit more seriously when you do not claim to be "elite", claim to have played in many "wars", and come back down to earth. We are not here to argue with you as to how many games you have attended with your friend in your backyards, thats is not what we are hear for. What we are here for however is to make sure people play games in a safe and secure manor. As stated above, no matter how much your neighbors state its ok for you to run around your neighborhood shooting your guns at each other it just takes one person you do not know to drive by and think you are out to kill someone. With all of the recent shootings it would not be within you best intrest to play in a public place. You would be better off playing at an insured location. Luckily for you there is actually a field within Big Lake. You might want to reach out to Travis on the boards to see when he might host his next game. He is also on facebook I believe and you can connect with him there as well.
This.
Also when the MAA starts up the new season, you are more than welcome to come play.
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

Rekkon
MAA Member

Post by Rekkon » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Tank wrote:
Guges Mk3 wrote:Who are you and what have you done with Tank?
I was having a rare moment of being nice. (It fulfills my yearly quota.)
Slipped it in under the wire, eh?
MAA Member #92

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 am

Tis' the season....

But, I think we scared him away already...

The Slacker

Post by The Slacker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:18 am

seems ive made a mistake in posting here, correct? now i might not be a MAA member, but i could care less about all the ranks and levels and such, all i care about is hanging with my buddies, having a fun time and enjoying life to its fullest, and as a matter of fact, i take the liberty to to talk and clear it with , not only local law enforcement, but the Sheriff's Department as well, and in the off chance one of us gets hurt, one of my members parents is a EMT, so YES, i make sure it is okay for us to play, we ask every landowner as well if its alright to play on there land. we've learned to ask after most over our skirmishes or battles have been stopped due to the law, but we wised up, and ASKED if we could play.

other then that, i really dont know what else to say.
CEO- S.S.O.
Major, S.A.A.

The Slacker

Post by The Slacker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:24 am

and i think. . . ill just sit back and chill. kinda. . . no i jumped the gun, sorry about all this, didnt think it cause this much commotion.
CEO- S.S.O.
Major, S.A.A.

Moose
A Regular

Post by Moose » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:47 am

Good plan and by the way welcome!

With respect,
moose
There is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes.

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 am

The Slacker wrote:and i think. . . ill just sit back and chill. kinda. . . no i jumped the gun, sorry about all this, didnt think it cause this much commotion.
As I stated before. Please do not take offense to anything anyone has said above. We cherish this hobby as much as the next person. We have had many new members come to the board and talk about their "backyard battles" while playing in public parks or in front of the public. Which is really not the best place to for this hobby to be displayed. With the current state of affairs its just not smart to do.

The Minnesota Airsoft Association is all about playing in safe locations. Now if you do in fact have permission from every land owner that you play, good for you. Its a good start. One other thing you need to take into consideration is insurance in case someone does get hurt. Yes you did say that one of the parents is a licensed EMT, thats awesome, however are they on location each time you play? Is the property that you play on covered in case someone does get hurt?

Again I'm not trying to scare you away. Just trying to help you understand where we are coming from. We do enjoy having new players join our board, we just want to make sure they are playing in a safe manor. You seem to be well on your way to doing that. I would again suggest you get in contact with Travis as well. He is up in Big Lake just like you and has his own field that he uses most weekends.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."
-Rifleman's Creed

vashke
A Regular

Post by vashke » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:03 am

It is very important to have the insurance. A good example of why is McDonald’s coffee. For many years everyone knew the coffee was HOT. But one day a lady spills her coffee and then wins a big law suit against McDonald’s over it.

Just because everyone is ok with it does not mean the risk of being sued lessens. All it takes is one kid to get their teeth shattered or some other major injury and next thing you know the land owner, the host of the game, and the shooter are in court over it.

When playing your wars is the area secured so that bystanders or pets can't walk onto the field/area?

From my experience with the MAA, they can be hard on people when it comes to safety and having knowledge about Airsoft but it helps to elevate both player and airsoft to the level of being a respected player/sport. There are a lot of miss-conceptions about airsoft out in the general public, multiple cases of someone being shot because they did not respect airsoft enough, not to mention the fights in the government to keep airsoft as a sport we can play. So take what the MAA members say to heart as it is not meant to be offensive but helpful.

BTW welcome to the boards.
Vashke

"Honor, Courage, Commitment" ~US Navy Motto
OLCMSS - Lightning Strike IV 1st Platoon 3rd Squad
Camp Ripley V - Brown Team

Miker
MAA Member

Post by Miker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 pm

The Slacker wrote:seems ive made a mistake in posting here, correct? now i might not be a MAA member, but i could care less about all the ranks and levels and such, all i care about is hanging with my buddies, having a fun time and enjoying life to its fullest, and as a matter of fact, i take the liberty to to talk and clear it with , not only local law enforcement, but the Sheriff's Department as well, and in the off chance one of us gets hurt, one of my members parents is a EMT, so YES, i make sure it is okay for us to play, we ask every landowner as well if its alright to play on there land. we've learned to ask after most over our skirmishes or battles have been stopped due to the law, but we wised up, and ASKED if we could play.

other then that, i really dont know what else to say.

You clearly don't know much about the MAA. Why do you think that this organization still exists and functions. The founders, officers and members of the club have done their work, promoting safe play, knowing about the laws, and simply having been around seeing what can happen and what consequences can be when things go wrong.

You came here thinking you wouldn't learn anything, and thinking you had it right. No MAA member would promote or play with you in the way you currently play. Now if you had a field with proper boundaries, safety standards and insurance it would be a different story.

Return to “Off Topic”