World of Tanks MMO

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

World of Tanks MMO

Post by J-Muss » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Anyone else play this game? I just downloaded it today and its fun, kinda hard in the beginning with only being able to use light tanks. I don't think I've even destroyed a single enemy tank yet, I get them low on health then a team mate comes in and finishes it off.

Heres the link to the website. http://worldoftanks.com/

Edit: Just destroyed my first tank!
MAA Membership Officer
I was born to be a pessimist... my blood type is "B-Negative"
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

beasthunter33
A Regular

Re: World of Tanks MMO

Post by beasthunter33 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:25 pm

I am from wisconsin and started playing WoT last week. I am enjoying it and am on every couple of days. Name on the server is AnimalMother33.
Nick Miller, Wolf Recon Support Gunner

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:40 am

What set-up are you running?

Currently I'm only tier 3 so I'm using an American M2 Medium tank with a 75mm cannon. The tank wasn't that great in the beginning but once you upgrade it with the M7 Turret and the 75mm howitzer its a beast for a tier 3. My first game with that set-up was tier 3-5 game and I took out two tier 3 and 1 tier 4 tank within a couple minutes. That 75 can destroy most tier 1 tanks in a single hit, which is way better then the terrible 37mm it starts with.

Though the tank is really slow with the added weight of the gun/turret and on hills or any incline the tank struggles.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

beasthunter33
A Regular

Post by beasthunter33 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:44 am

I am going through the German tech tree. I currently am on Tier V with a Panzer III/IV and a Stug III. But I have a bunch of tier 3's and 4's as well. I love german militaria and I think they had some of the best tanks of the war so it was a no brainer for me. Unfortunately the developers of the game are a bunch of Russians.....so their is some bias in certain tanks. The KV branch is the obvious, they are way over powered for their tiers....

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:00 am

Yeah I've noticed that with some of the Russian tanks. I was going to go German but when I was only at Tier 1 with the starter tanks I preferred the American one, then I just started building off that.

I've noticed that as you move up in tiers you get alot more points per battle so once I reach a few of the tier 5 tanks in the American tech tree I'll save up some points to research tanks from both Russians and Germans and see what army I like the most from those.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:51 pm

I did the Beta last year and found the T34 pretty much dominated their class and did fairly well against tanks two levels higher...after that...lost interest. Content got short...
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Gir
MAA Member

Post by Gir » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:37 pm

I got a Panzer III/IV, a Wespe, and a Tier 4 Tank that i bought with gold (the B2 i think). I've been going with the German tech tree as well... Oh and i got a Hetzer, i hate taking those things on.
Basic Combat Training (US Army) 11-08, Honor Graduate...
OP's Attended: New Dawn

beasthunter33
A Regular

Post by beasthunter33 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Yeah for the TD's (especially the Hetzer), if your facing one head on your screwed. you have to move in hard and fast and get them on the side, luckily with no turret it takes them awhile to turn. TD's are quickly turning into my fav.

Gir
MAA Member

Post by Gir » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Yeah i get pretty pissed taking on Hetzers "Oooh, that one bounced off!" "We're not even scratching it".
Basic Combat Training (US Army) 11-08, Honor Graduate...
OP's Attended: New Dawn

beasthunter33
A Regular

Post by beasthunter33 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Wait until you come up against a Ferdinand, 200MM's of frontal armor. They are a bitch to kill in the game, funny since they were a dog in real life.

Miker
MAA Member

Post by Miker » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:19 am

I keep trying to download but it is always corrupted.. I am trying with a different browser now, hope it works. If anyone has had this issue and got around it please let me know.

Edit: I feel dumb all it took was firefox, opposed to Chrome. I wonder why....

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Well I finally reached Tier 5 tanks in the USA tech tree a few days ago. Currently running with an M4 Sherman, I like the tank. I got 4 kills with it one round, the thing is a real money maker too.

I added you beasthunter, my name is JMuss1 on the servers. Any of you can add me if you want, I only have tier 3-5 tanks though. Looking for some people that would like to play some games.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Decided to revive this thread with the latest releases of the Chinese and British tech trees.

Currently playing the following Countries;

American
M4 Sherman, M4A3E8 Easy 8, M4A3E2 Jumbo, T20, M7 Priest, M6, T29, T1E6.

British
Vicker's Medium MK. 1, Cromwell.

Russian
T-34, T-34-85, SU-85, Churchill III, KV-1, KV-1S.

Chinese
Renault NC-31, Chi-Ha, M5A1 Stuart.

So far the Cromwell is my favorite tank by far, the speed with it's machine gun like cannon just makes the tank amazing. Granted it has very thin armor and I almost always get immobilized by the first shot that hits me. Keep it moving and it's impressive.

The new Chinese tech tree is ok, not original or well thought out in my opinion. Most nations have a majority of the tanks actually used in WWII with some of the higher tiered ones as prototype/planned projects or tanks that were meant to be used in WWII but didn't finish testing/production by the end of the war. The Chinese tanks are mix of French, Russian, American, Japanese(Chi-Ha) and Chinese tanks. It really makes researching modules a PITA since very few actually carry over to the next tank(s) like radios often do. Also every actual Chinese tank is from the '50's, so it's starting to leave that WWII feel behind. Either way the Chinese tanks are fun.

The game is a lot more fun then when I first started, new physics engine is awesome, and a hell of a lot more tanks then back in 7.0 and before.

If any of you want to add me, JMuss1 is my username. I'm on frequently. I'm up for platooning, I use Skype for voice chat.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Spank-E
MAA Member

Post by Spank-E » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:20 am

well if you guys are all playing it i'll jump on the bandwagon
MAA Member
Infatryman
Cat owner

"every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 am

Spank-E wrote:well if you guys are all playing it i'll jump on the bandwagon
Text me your username when you make an account. I've been keeping around some lower tier tanks in an attempt to help new players in battle.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:21 am

I got back into it. I have some Higher tier Premiums and Tier 7 regulars. About to step into a T32.

The Chinese Tanks are fun. The T5 Medium is deadly with the "needle" gun. I did really well in a Sherman one round...took out a KV1S and a T29. Have to get the victory screen up. My friend said it just sat there and allowed you to shoot it 15 times???
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 am

Guges Mk3 wrote:I got back into it. I have some Higher tier Premiums and Tier 7 regulars. About to step into a T32.
Still saving up the XP for the T32, I just hate tier 7 tanks with a passion. Not that they're bad, just matchmaking with tier 9 is horrible and unless you get on average 2 kills a game you will be losing money with tier 7's. They're just money pits, especially when the T29's shells cost 1000 credits a piece.

Only reason I haven't purchased the Comet is that it's expensive for what it can do and it's Tier 7, saving free XP to just bypass it as much as I can.

My best game was in a Sherman, me and an enemy were both running Sherman's. Each with 8 kills, only the 2 of us left and he got me so they won. We fired at the same time and he destroyed me but I left him with only 1% health. Great game.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 am

T29 is a Tier 8 in Tier 7 rank, I seldom lose money with it, I usually net a few K.

I took out all units above my class or they were heavies....granted I finished some of them off after someone else was beating on them for awhile. But the KV-1S and the T29 should have ate me for lunch with a shot apiece or two shots tops to cream me.

I was pecking on the T29 from his left side, from cover when the KV-1S rolled around to flank me. I must have hit him in the gun in the first shot because he just sat there as I put round two into him. Seeing that he was not doing anything I put the next two into his MG port > Splodey.

Then I continued pecking at the T29's left side.

Granted I had a SU-85B on my left side and the T29 was facing shooting at him the whole time...but the SU-85B was not in a position to shoot at him...and I shot at the T29 from behind the hulk of a Tiger...go figure...new player in the T29.

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Not saying the T29 is a bad tank, but since I don't have premium (been the typical poor college student lately), it is very hard for me to make money in the T29 if my tank gets destroyed in battle. Usually my repair costs + ammo costs outweigh the credit I receive from battle.

The T29 seems to be commanded by many poor players, too frequently have I seen them just get wasted by lower tier tanks. The T29 is really a tank that should be used with at least one other tank for support. Usually if I'm a lower tier tank/smaller tank I support the heavies and keep faster tanks off their backs... wish more players would do the same when I'm in a slow heavy tank. Nothing is more embarrassing then an ELC or AMX or any other light tank dancing around a heavy and eventually destroying it.

Also I added you Chris
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Which is what I do to heavies...

My M24 here eventually takes out a Tiger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1fMy_jD1I

Another time on the Steppe Map...a M6 ran out in the open I was in one of 3 ELC's working in a wolf pack. We descended on him like flies on a turd. We were making torpedo runs on that thing. And dodging counter fire from the lights and mediums hiding in the rocks and bushes...it was fun, I Kamikazed into the M6, because I got lit up and was on fire...so before I exploded due to no fire extinguisher...I rammed him going nearly 65kph, firing my 90mm just before impact...we both died in two fireballs.

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm

That reminds me with ramming with a lighter tank, I was in my Cromwell and I was so low on health and moving at about half speed it wasn't even worth trying to stay alive. So I jumped off a cliff and landed on top of a heavy tank. Not only did I get the momentum damage on the top armor, but there's also a glitch (not sure if 8.3 fixed it) where if you tanks gets stuck on top of another tank after death the enemy tank loses health rapidly and often cannot fire or move it's turret. I think it was a T32 at almost full health. So I did about I would say 1200 damage with one ram from a Cromwell.

Also I took out a T20 in one shot with the Cromwell, I was trying to avoid it's fire and took a random shot before I dipped behind cover. To my surprise I hit his fuel tank and his tank started on fire, somehow I ammo racked him with the same shot. Tank blew up in about 5 seconds. He was at full health and no one else shot at him since I was the only one in the area. Of course the player called hack and threatened to report me... whatever.

Edit: After looking at the vulnerability of the T20, on the rear of the turret there is a very small spot that is both a vulnerable spot for ammo and fuel. That must be what I hit, lucky shot. Combine the 2 with a fire I'm guessing the ammo exploded.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Same with the Lowes, big ammo rack gas tank vulnerability from the side.

I was cruising through the woods of Murovanka slowly in my Super Pershing...and the Lowe lit up in front of me. I did a slow snap shot at center mass from the side and whoom! 1600 dmg scrolls up that the Lowe dies.

Image Must have hit him dead in the ammo rack.

There came a triade of accused hacks there..until he was shut up by the words everyone was belting out "ammo rack". And the "whiners" will bitch about hacks when they can't figure out how your pegging him from long range via "spotting" or Artillery.

Which bring up another situation where one guy was whining on the All channel after I one shotted him at near full speed with my SU-26.

He said he was reporting, me and I was using a hack, there was no way I could see him and that I was shooting through texture....blah, blah. Half the map told him to STFU "newb" Arty's lob shells and don't need line of sight to hit him.
I told him that I timed his movement before I shot. He then asked how the hell can I see him move...I said...um...shift key. And he goes...what does that do? Turns out this whole time that guy thought Arty was a TD that can lob shells in "direct fire".

The game is full of basement dwellers that profess knowledge on the basis of "nothing"...that I am still getting used to.

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:42 pm

That another thing that pisses me off, people not understanding how arty works and they always say they're OP and unfair. No arty really has good armor, the guns really aren't all that accurate either. It takes a lot of time and skill to truly become proficient using arty.

Also they don't understand that arty doesn't need anyone to spot you, if you keep running over all those tree I can see where you're going.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 am

Speaking of Arty and T29.

Yesterday. I bounced a 105mm off an Arty....really?

And I got Patrol Duty on a T29

Rekkon
MAA Member

Post by Rekkon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 am

So? A friend of mine bounced two consecutive 128s off a Priest. Not only are there some SPGs with thick enough armor if the random number generator screws your penetration roll, a hit at a shallow enough angle will always bounce, regardless of the target's armor.
MAA Member #92

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 am

It wasn't hitting a sloped section of the SPG, I had a side shot on a Grille. And it was big bore, so normalization would have countered the sloping of the thinner armor, 15mm.

However, I was shooting at the Grille high up on the side of the mantle next to the back. All I can figure is that I was down about 20 degrees below the Grille and he got "lucky".

Rekkon
MAA Member

Post by Rekkon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am

There is no doubt he got lucky. The T29's 105 has a listed penetration value of 198mm for regular AP, so the RNG could possibly have spit you a value as low as 148.5mm, which is then degraded by distance as long as the target was over 100m away. The Grille's listed armor may only be 15mm, but we all know there are weak and strong points on the actual surface. A strong point as weak as ~50mm could have reduced your overmatch enough to make a richochet angle (> 70 degrees) possible or even resisted penetration directly through effective armor thickness for an extremely shallow hit.

Another thing is that we do not know the fine details of the armor model. If your target has 100mm of frontal armor and you hit him in the side 50mm from the front, your shot would effecitely be seeing armor plate with a thickness equal to the entire width of the hull. Does the game take that into account or is everything a 2D surface with an associated integer? I do not know.
MAA Member #92

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

I however shot that Grille at a distance of under 20M's. That is why I crabbed about it...

It would be interesting to see their Physics modeling for tanks.

last night a team mate knocked a T50 on its side and I have stood up a Panther on its rear after we rammed each other head-on with a combined speed of 130+kph.

Rekkon
MAA Member

Post by Rekkon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Oh, I crab about it when it happens to me too. The point is that it is possible under the game mechanics. Not to claim you were doing so, it just annoys me when people bitch about things when they have no idea how it is supposed to work. Do not get me started on idiots and the matchmaker...

Physics is fun! I have been saved multiple times by an opponent misjudging their speed/position and plummeting off a cliff to a watery demise. A while back I nearly flipped a Hetzer when I managed to ram him broadside downhill in my Valentine II.
MAA Member #92

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Rekkon wrote:Do not get me started on idiots and the matchmaker...
Like a heavy hiding in the bushes...behind the SPG's?

Or a Tier 4 Light in a battle with Tier 8's. "Why am I here?" MM threw in 3 Tier IV lights into a round last night where the majority of the teams were made up of VI, VII and VIII on a city map...ugh.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Guges Mk3 wrote:I have stood up a Panther on its rear after we rammed each other head-on with a combined speed of 130+kph.
lol, head on collisions don't result in a combined speed but a net speed derived from the difference between the two added on to the objects speed.

courtesy of mythbusters :-)

I really wish that I had a computer that could handle running this game, because I really think that I could get into it. I've always loved tanks and have never been satisfied with tank games in the past.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 pm

I play this too, I have a bunch of different tanks.

Feel free to add me, acct is VonBorakus. I play every once in a while!

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Archer wrote:I really wish that I had a computer that could handle running this game, because I really think that I could get into it. I've always loved tanks and have never been satisfied with tank games in the past.
I have a dell XPS laptop I got about 3.5 years ago that has major over heating issues. Bought a Thermaltake cooling pad and I can play the game with no problems at all. Worth giving it a try.

Ryan I'll add you, always up for playing with people.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Rekkon
MAA Member

Post by Rekkon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 pm

I meant idiots complaining about the matchmaker, which is itself fine. "You are a SCOUT." "Yes the teams are balanced." Oddly enough the MM does more than add the tiers together, so you need not spas when a platooned tier 2 shows up in your tier 9 match or the enemy has ONE more tier 10 than you. And being a software engineer, I appreciate the complexity of the problem MM presents. I actually had one moron say they should do away with it. Oh? And how are you going to play your games then?
MAA Member #92

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Rekkon wrote:I meant idiots complaining about the matchmaker, which is itself fine. "You are a SCOUT." "Yes the teams are balanced." Oddly enough the MM does more than add the tiers together, so you need not spas when a platooned tier 2 shows up in your tier 9 match or the enemy has ONE more tier 10 than you. And being a software engineer, I appreciate the complexity of the problem MM presents. I actually had one moron say they should do away with it. Oh? And how are you going to play your games then?
Matchmaking now is way better then before. Still remember those horrible days when my poor Sherman would see Tier X's. Though WG really needs to understand that just because a tank is a "light" tank does not make it a "scout". Two completely different things, the Crusader is a Light support tank, while the ELC AMX is a Scout tank. Speed is key for scouting, without it you're not a scout.

I'm helping a friend level up his tanks right now, while he was using his Hetzer I was using my M5A1 Stuart. Both tanks are tier IV, the Hetzer usually will only see I believe tier VI. However the Stuart will see up to Tier VIII. So because he kept getting into those matches, I switched over to my SU-85, a Tier V tank that I believe will only see up to Tier VII. But because we mixed tiered a platoon, which is apparently not ok to many people. We received a ton of flak, what they didn't understand was that it was way more equal then matching with the Stuart. I'm sure people would prefer to see a Hetz in a Tier VII match over a Tier VIII match... people just don't think.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Post by Dark_zero_x » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Platooning with Rekkon with a Pz 3/4 in tier X matches was quite possibly the most fun I have ever had in this game. "DZ Sick arty!" "Woof"

People loled mostly, but taking on a ferty and doing 300 hp of damage (after 30 rounds) and flying around in circles was a blast.
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Dark zero_x wrote:Platooning with Rekkon with a Pz 3/4 in tier X matches was quite possibly the most fun I have ever had in this game. "DZ Sick arty!" "Woof"

People loled mostly, but taking on a ferty and doing 300 hp of damage (after 30 rounds) and flying around in circles was a blast.
What's your username DZ?
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Post by Dark_zero_x » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Same as here.
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 am

Archer wrote: I really wish that I had a computer that could handle running this game, because I really think that I could get into it. I've always loved tanks and have never been satisfied with tank games in the past.
I run it on my work PC and it only uses an integrated GPU - Intel HD 4000.

Just have the game auto-detect and it will set itself to run decently. Who cares if you see tracks, flowers and splodey's.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:09 am

Ryan wrote:I play this too, I have a bunch of different tanks.

Hey Ryan,

I just joined a "causal" clan that is really good and they are setting up for CW - USA (Tier VI, max). Very relaxed environment, have a TS3 Server and are up to 56 members. Want to merge your group in? Nothing is mandatory in the Clan...just come and play now and then.

I can pass your info to Anomali and if your interested give him a message.

Rekkon
MAA Member

Post by Rekkon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:33 am

Dark zero_x wrote:Platooning with Rekkon with a Pz 3/4 in tier X matches was quite possibly the most fun I have ever had in this game. "DZ Sick arty!" "Woof"
That was a great match. We were defending Erlenberg in assault mode. Stashless and I parked our Ferdinands on the left flank and with DZ doing some cautious spotting, promptly shredded the enemy force on that side. We then advanced to completely clear the flank, which prompted the usual idiotic "we are defending, where are you going?" With that side free of enemy, it was safe for DZ to sic arty while our heavy TDs turned back to the flag. Good times.

When you are low tier you need to realize your ability to affect the battle is limited. Do what you can or keep yourself alive until an opportunity presents itself.
J-Muss wrote:Matchmaking now is way better then before. Still remember those horrible days when my poor Sherman would see Tier X's. Though WG really needs to understand that just because a tank is a "light" tank does not make it a "scout". Two completely different things, the Crusader is a Light support tank, while the ELC AMX is a Scout tank. Speed is key for scouting, without it you're not a scout.
Even if you mean the Jumbo or Easy 8, Shermans never got matched with tier 10s on their own. You had to platoon with something else. And WG is perfectly aware of light tanks. Look at the Valentine II or the AMX 40, which are tier IV light tanks but do *not* get scout matchmaking. Where exactly you draw the scout line can be debated. For instance, the Panzer 38NA gets scout MM, but is considered horrible at the role. However there is more than one way to scout. You do not need to be zooming around at high speed. You can park your ass in a bush and passively light an area, and if I recall the NA has good camo and view range. Of course doing so requires a player to understand the spotting system and have the restraint to not shoot at things.
J-Muss wrote:I'm helping a friend level up his tanks right now, while he was using his Hetzer I was using my M5A1 Stuart. Both tanks are tier IV, the Hetzer usually will only see I believe tier VI. However the Stuart will see up to Tier VIII. So because he kept getting into those matches, I switched over to my SU-85, a Tier V tank that I believe will only see up to Tier VII. But because we mixed tiered a platoon, which is apparently not ok to many people. We received a ton of flak, what they didn't understand was that it was way more equal then matching with the Stuart. I'm sure people would prefer to see a Hetz in a Tier VII match over a Tier VIII match... people just don't think.

Again, people are ignorant and/or idiots. They see a low tier sucked higher by a platoon and go "oh noes we are down a tank." The MM weighs each vehicle in the team, so the rest of your team is stronger because of it.
MAA Member #92

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:25 am

I wonder how much weight they gave a T1 Cunningham in a Tier 9 (top) based match I was in.

Someone dragged in a T1 platooned with a T32.

Two funny things happend:

1 - The T1 got to our base and was capping it.
2 - My Super Pershing Bounced a shell off it

Rekkon
MAA Member

Post by Rekkon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Short answer: 2, vs. 72 for a tier 9 heavy. So their other 14 tanks were basically the same weight as your 15.

Long answer:
Vehicle Weight Once enough candidates for a certain battle tier are found, the matchmaker tries to form two teams from them. For this purpose each vehicle is assigned a certain weight, and the matchmaker tries to keep the weight of both teams as equal as possible. Weighting is performed by vehicle tier and vehicle type, some vehicles are individually weighted, and for some vehicles there are special restrictions.

Below are the rules for game version 0.8.0:

Weight by Vehicle Tier is applied as follows:
Tier 10: 100
Tier 9: 60
Tier 8: 40
Tier 7: 27
Tier 6: 18
Tier 5: 12
Tier 4: 8
Tier 3: 5
Tier 2: 3
Tier 1: 2

Weight by Vehicle Type is generally applied as follows:
All heavy tanks receive 20% extra weight.
All SPGs receive 25% extra weight.

Individual Weights:
Tier 9 and 10 medium tanks receive 20% extra weight.
Tier 8, 9 and 10 tank destroyers receive 20% extra weight.
T-50-2, VK 2801 and M24 Chaffee are weighted like tier 6 tanks.
The PzKpfw 38H735 (f) "Hotchkiss" is a tier 2 tank with 233% extra weight, with 7 points it is weighted close to a tier 4 tank, but it is in the same battle tier as other tier 2 light tanks.
The Comet is weighed like a heavy tank.

Special Restrictions
The number of the same vehicle on opposing teams cannot differ by more than 1, except when the vehicles are in a platoon.
Previously, the number of SPGs in opposing teams could never differ by more than 1. While this is still the goal for the match-maker, since update 0.7.4 it is not a strict restriction. Now, rarely, SPG numbers can differ by more, including one team having none while the other team has one or more.
The total weight of the SPGs on opposing teams cannot differ by more than 25%.
The total weight of the top tier vehicles on opposing teams cannot differ by more than 25%.
It seems in general the weight of opposing teams does not differ by more than 10%, but it is unclear if there is a fixed limit.

Whether vehicles are stock or fully researched, how they are equipped, nor crew skill is taken into account by the match-maker.
MAA Member #92

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Guges Mk3 wrote:

Hey Ryan,

I just joined a "causal" clan that is really good and they are setting up for CW - USA (Tier VI, max). Very relaxed environment, have a TS3 Server and are up to 56 members. Want to merge your group in? Nothing is mandatory in the Clan...just come and play now and then.

Guges,

For sure! I've never done clan wars or anything like that! but would be fun to do companies or something a little more organized!

I'm in the process of moving, not sure when I'll have internet at home but would love to play some with you guys!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Ryan wrote:
Guges Mk3 wrote:

Hey Ryan,

Guges,

For sure! I've never done clan wars or anything like that! but would be fun to do companies or something a little more organized!

I'm in the process of moving, not sure when I'll have internet at home but would love to play some with you guys!
No worries...its causal...but would like to have you. I'll let Anomali know...look for contact from him.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 am

Give this a try i suppose...

add "MAA_Archer"
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:38 pm

8.4 announced, http://worldoftanks.com/news/2011-briti ... ing-again/

Basically just British TD's which I was really looking forward to but the tanks don't look all that impressive IMO.

Tier IV Alecto, just stupid the gun faces the rear.

Tier VII AT-7, the gun is mounted on the far right of the tank. There's been a few like that, the M3 Lee for example. But not that far right, I see it as being a really hard tank to play.

As for the new Churchill TD, I like my Churchill III and it has decent armor for a tier V. It will probably have better side/front armor then most other Tier VI TD's, but I'm guessing the traversing speed will be horrible. Plus it's quite a large target.

I think I might just stick to Russian TD's.

EDIT: WoT might be coming to XBox 360 and PS3.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 pm

I have been playing the new British TD's and they are sluggers!

I built out an AT-7 on the test server. While the gun is off set far to the right. It is actually a good thing. Hide a tank length behind a rock and you can have 2/3 of your vehicle behind solid cover, which includes the weak spots.

Not to mention that front armor is tough. I bounced 3 shells from an KV3 on my front while I put 3 shells through him, killing him. Then I did a TD tango with an SU-152. He bounced shots off my front and I drilled my rounds through his. I even tracked him and then proceeded to slowly flank him and shoot him in the side.

I got one more vehicle with this TD and then crawled to their CAP. Sadly...they had two vehicles at our CAP. But, I survived...

I'll see if I can upload the replay...

J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer

Post by J-Muss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 pm

I'm not on the test server but after looking up some of the TD's stats... i am thoroughly impressed. They're slow but they have what TD's really need and that is thick front armor. When I play TD I don't need to move fast since I sit away from the front lines and use cover to snipe.

Also the Brit Tier X TD, holy shit. average of around 1750 damage (up to 2000 something) with something like 300mm penetration, that is one shot killing some tier IX's and most tier VIII's, even a few tier X's if you ammor rack or start them on fire.
MAA Membership Officer
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Yeah...it makes the Russian Tier X TD's look, mid tier.

Return to “Off Topic”