Bow hunting or Airsoft?

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Larzon
A Regular

Bow hunting or Airsoft?

Post by Larzon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:41 pm

I need some advice. I am about to buy a Mathews Z7 Extreme, but I still want to play airsoft. This bow will pretty much wipe out my funds for some of the airsoft season and enable me to play. Should I get the bow or use my current one still? I currently own a Mathews Outback 2004 Edition. Price differance in bows, about 700 dollars.
Kid at CP- Dude you should totaly call your hits!
Me- Dude I was totaly totaly taking pictures.
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." -C.S. Lewis-

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Re: Bow hunting or Airsoft?

Post by Sharpshot » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Larzon wrote:I need some advice. I am about to buy a Mathews Z7 Extreme, but I still want to play airsoft. This bow will pretty much wipe out my funds for some of the airsoft season and enable me to play. Should I get the bow or use my current one still? I currently own a Mathews Outback 2004 Edition. Price differance in bows, about 700 dollars.
You are asking an airsoft forum what you feel you should spend your money on. Hmm, let me think :wink:

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

Larzon
A Regular

Post by Larzon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Very good point. Its a really hard choice, maybe I could get another job. Those two jobs would pay for both.
Kid at CP- Dude you should totaly call your hits!
Me- Dude I was totaly totaly taking pictures.
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." -C.S. Lewis-

EMO
Extremely Regular

Post by EMO » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:58 am

Yeah thats like asking what kind of meat you should buy at a vegetarian support group :l
MINAS Rangers
Add me on Hangouts for PC help!
Radthekid@gmail.com

Moose
A Regular

Post by Moose » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:26 am

As a bow hunter I hold Mathews in very high regard.
However, Mathews is probably one of the highest priced choices out there.

I do not believe it is neccessary in any sport to constantly upgrade to the newest and highest tech, in order to achieve your goals.
Whether in hunting, if it is the next generation scentless, or new bow etc ... unless your goal is to impress others it is as the old saying, "it is not the arrow it is the Indian".

It is your choice for what works for you, but equipment alone should not be a measure of ability or enjoyment.

Choosing between airsoft and hunting for me is not a valid question. They do compliment and enhance each other IMHO.
With respect,
moose
There is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes.

cmezz331
A Regular

Post by cmezz331 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 am

I'd just say put the money toward what you need/what you'll use more. Like my decision between a new cold air intake and a new pistol. Inthe end, I'll probably get more enjoyment out of the pistol, as the new intake is just something I want
"come on out ive got a little 14 oz ball filled with compostion B for you. Oohrah"
Ma gurns. (guns)
G4 PWS Diablo
Kjw g23

JTgecko97
Still A Newbie

Post by JTgecko97 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm a bow hunter myself. IMO I would put money towards what you'll get more use out of. Bow hunting isn't all year around, airsoft could be. Now being on a airsoft forum, you will get more favor for buying gear for airsoft over bow hunting. Generally, it's up to you. There's so many pros and cons for both.

If it were me and I would probably get a new Bow. Hunting is one of those special things not every gets the chance to experience especially bow hunting.

Good luck with your decision.
KWA CQB M4

Return to “Off Topic”