X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Rudedog
Team PALADIN

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Post by Rudedog » Fri May 01, 2009 2:42 am

First off I will do my best to not give anything away and let me say I am NOT a hard core comic guy. But, just got back home and I think this movie was pretty good. That said there were a few things that bugged me. Through the entire movie I found myself asking “what year is it again?” In one scene I thought they were in the 70’s and he’s being chased by Humvee’s. In another there at 3 mile island and I thought they were playing off the disaster that happened in 1979 but then a pretty new looking helicopter save some “people”. Other than that nothing else really bugged me. I found myself laughing way more than I thought I would and I loved the smart-ass comments they give each other. Also they did a good job, I think, with covering the whole Wolverine and Cyclops not meeting/seeing each other and they explained the memory loss fairly well. Deadpool fight scene at the end was good as well didn’y lose my head over it. Over all this movie was a great flick and it’s not a must see but its good in the theaters.

It seems like every weekend this month there is a movie I NEED to see: Star Trek, Angles and Demons, and Terminator. Than, next month, Transformers. In July Public Enemy and Harry Potter. And finally in August G.I. Joe and Inglorious Basterds which after seeing the trailer I’m not really liking Brad Pitt’s accent but he hates them Nazi’s something fierce and that’s good enough for me. Now I must sleep. Good morning all
Last edited by Rudedog on Mon May 04, 2009 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are NO medals in Airsoft, but you can play like there are"

"You may talk the talk and walk the walk, but do you look the look?"

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"

Touchette
MAA Member

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Post by Touchette » Fri May 01, 2009 10:13 am

Rudedog wrote:First off I will do my best to not give anything away and let me say I am NOT a hard core comic guy. But, just got back home and I think this movie was pretty good. That said there were a few things that bugged me. Through the entire movie I found myself asking “what year is it again?” In one scene I thought they were in the 70’s and he’s being chased by Humvee’s. In another there at 3 mile island and I thought they were playing off the disaster that happened in 1979 but then a pretty new looking helicopter save some “people”. Other than that nothing else really bugged me. I found myself laughing way more than I thought I would and I loved the smart-ass comments they give each other. Also they did a good job, I think, with covering the whole Wolverine and Cyclops not meeting/seeing each other and they explained the memory loss fairly well. Deadpool fight scene at the end was good as well didn’y lose my head over it. Over all this movie was a great flick and it’s not a must see but its good in the theaters.

It seems like every weekend this month there is a movie I NEED to see: Star Trek, Angles and Demons, and Terminator. Than, next month, Transformers and Superman. In July Public Enemy and Harry Potter. And finally in August G.I. Joe and Inglorious Basterds which after seeing the trailer I’m not really liking Brad Pitt’s accent but he hates them Nazi’s something fierce and that’s good enough for me. Now I must sleep. Good morning all
I saw it last night/this morning too. I pretty much agree with all of that. There was a lot more comedic moments than I had expected, though I didn't realize Ryan Reynolds was in it. Will i Am still doesn't impress me either. I'll definitely watch it again when it comes out on DVD, I'll probably buy the DVD to go with the rest of my small X-Men collection. It did seem like there was something missing, I don't have a clue what it is, it just seemed to be missing something.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

DFSM
MAA Member

Post by DFSM » Fri May 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Do they explain why Deadpool has skin?
TEAM LFN™: Hot stuff, coming through...

MCXL
Beyond Regular

Post by MCXL » Fri May 01, 2009 2:57 pm

They take liberties with characters when they make em into the movie guys. Alternate universe, an all that I guess.

Personally I felt the movie was a big meh, (I also felt this way about the other X men flicks)

There were some serious time line issues though, they jump from Vietnam, to ???? (one guy has a g36 so like what 1995 at the earliest?) But then it goes 6 years later and, well. Lets just say don't pay attention to that part, because they really fucked it up good.

I'm not a Xmen nerd at all, but some things still bothered me. I didn't dislike the movie either.
THE SPHINX HAS SPOKEN...

Ozzy
Exceedingly Regular

Post by Ozzy » Sun May 03, 2009 3:47 pm

^

I'm an X-men nerd and this movie sucks camel toes...dirty fungus infested camel toes. Alternate universe my ass. It's just Helliwood taking a good story and raping it to shit.
"you don't want beef with people like me, so don't pretend/ I'll resurrect yo aborted baby and kill it again!/you get no props in hip hop/ like feminine men!"

Viper
MAA Member

Post by Viper » Sun May 03, 2009 4:40 pm

I enjoyed it. Luckily I don't have the burden of being a comic-book geek (already too many other kinds), so I was able to watch it from an outsiders perspective.
Viper - Morris Team
MAA Member #73
BATC 05/10 #104

Jonesy
MAA Member

Post by Jonesy » Sun May 03, 2009 11:48 pm

Sets sucked. Acting sucked. Dialogue sucked. Plot sucked. The effects really sucked. I've seen "Sci-Fi Original Features" with better CG.

Looking past all those glaring issues, the timeline issue sucked too.

I'm not upset because I'm someone who follows or has ever even read an X-Men comic- I'm upset because the movie was terrible. The best part of the whole experience was the previews for Terminator, Transformers, and District-9.

Seriously, whoever saw the final-cut of this film and gave it the greenlight for distribution needs to be shot in the face. Repeatedly.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears and suffering. Fuel me.

Delta Milsim Group
Tippmann Arms™ Sponsored ( but, like, totally not biased and stuff. )
Damage Control Airsoft & Paintball LLC.

Blackcat
MAA Member

Post by Blackcat » Mon May 04, 2009 2:13 am

Watched about a third of it and then gave up because I wasn't interested.

TWO different scenes (within the first third of the film) where logan crouches over a dead body, looks up to the sky, and goes, "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!".... sooo cheesy. Acting sucked.

I liked the previous X-Men movies.

http://www.delsquacho.com/reviews/x-men ... verine.php
FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

Rangergord
A Regular

Post by Rangergord » Tue May 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Blackcat wrote:logan crouches over a dead body, looks up to the sky, and goes, "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!".... sooo cheesy. Acting sucked.
I agree. lol. You should have stuck around for the rest of the movie though. It's not better than the original xmen movies, but its worth seeing.
You can rob me. You can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me. -Clint Eastwood

Vig
Still A Newbie

Post by Vig » Tue May 12, 2009 9:08 am

It wasn't a bad flick for what it was...another comic book movie. :)
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Off Topic”