Fable 2

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

T. Joe

Fable 2

Post by T. Joe » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:20 pm

I personally think Fable 2 could be the best rpg game ever (not exaggerating). I've was a big fan of fable 1 and fable tlc so i have very high hopes for this.

am0463
Exceptionally Regular

Re: Fable 2

Post by am0463 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:40 am

I doubt it even beats Oblivion. I just don't like the looks of the game from what they showed us at E3. When it comes down to it, what game are you going to get this fall? CoD5, GoW2, Fable 2, or even the James Bond Quantom Solace?

Out of curiosity, what stands out about Fable 2 that makes it better than Oblivion and of course WoW?

trikx
Extremely Regular

Post by trikx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:52 am

You don't have to be superglued to your computer, waste months of your life, and become a social outcast to play Fable 2......?

I always hear people brag about WoW....wanna know what's better than WoW? Having a girlfriend. There you go.
The night is always darkest right before dawn.

DFSM
MAA Member

Post by DFSM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:36 am

trikx wrote:You don't have to be superglued to your computer, waste months of your life, and become a social outcast to play Fable 2......?

I always hear people brag about WoW....wanna know what's better than WoW? Having a girlfriend. There you go.
Come on, was that really necessary?
TEAM LFN™: Hot stuff, coming through...

trikx
Extremely Regular

Post by trikx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:51 am

Was a joke necessary...? Sure, why not. You can't tell me you have that thin of skin....

DFSM
MAA Member

Post by DFSM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 am

There are some people trying to have a discussion about something you aren't interested in so you have to come in and insult them? Even though your insult wasn't directed at me (I don't play WoW), I still think was a dick move.

It isn't about taking an insult or how thick someone's skin is, it's about you being a dick. Your comment added nothing to the discussion and was insulting, so that's trolling.

Back on topic (see, I'd like to actually contribute something). I'd be hesitant to buy into the hype of this game. The first one was supposed to be the RPG to end all RPGs. While it was a good game and I had a lot of fun playing it, it was still wasn't what was promised.

trikx
Extremely Regular

Post by trikx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:47 pm

am0463 wrote:Out of curiosity, what stands out about Fable 2 that makes it better than Oblivion and of course WoW?
My mistake, I thought he was asking a question...how dare I give my input (sarcastic or not). Next time I'll ask your permission DFSM...you seem to be the judge of what qualifies "post worthy".... :roll:

The first Fable game promised to deliver too much for what it gave us. Some of the stuff they stated was "far too difficult" to pull off, was done in GTA: San Adreas months later. Also, maybe I was playing the first one wrong, but it seemed like every mission had you running through the same little courtyard, through the same kind of terrains, etc. It started to feel like "Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter" to me.

I've been eye-balling Fable 2, and it looks like it could be a solid game. Not sure how I feel about the inclusion of a canine sidekick, but we'll see how that goes. I kind of like the advancement into a "colonial" type era, with the introduction of primitive firearms...seems like a neat progression. The inclusion of a "family" element is a neat idea; allowing you, if you want, to have children. I guess the children look up/follow your example...which is kind of cool. I think I am most excited about the dynamic world that changes through the course of the game...it will be pretty sweet.

The combat system is a pretty neat idea, and it sounds like the did the canine companion right, giving it advanced AI to act upon your actions. I also read that your combat style changes based upon which weapon you use. It will be interesting to see the new interaction animations they come up with for this one, as the last one had a good variety to pick from. I hold my reservations about this game just because Fable was WAY too hyped up...but I will definitely rent it and give it a chance.

You pegged me...sounds like I'm not interested. :roll:

DFSM
MAA Member

Post by DFSM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Looking back, I misread your first post and I now apologize. It appeared to just be bashing others, but I went back and that wasn't the case.

trikx
Extremely Regular

Post by trikx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Apology accepted. Now let us steer this ship right back on topic :D

Venom

Post by Venom » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:21 pm

I actually like Fable 1 a lot more than I expected. I wasn't following it before it came out, so I don't know how much the actual gameplay differed from what was promised, but I've heard the CEO of the company gets really excited about his games and talks about them like they're the best games in the world. Not a bad attitude to have, but it can disappoint consumers.

Still, Fable had a lot of elements that I liked. I liked that your character started to look a little bit different as you gained attributes or karma. I liked that your character started out thin and wimpy, but if you put more points into physical traits your character bulked up and got muscular. I initially thought the game looked too cartoony but the style grew on me. I even liked how your character got scarred if he got hit a lot in combat, but I know a lot of people who hated that.

Some of those things bothered me though. The combat multiplier system I thought was cheap. I tend to play RPGs methodically, fighting, waiting to heal up, then going into the next fight. Fable encouraged you to fight willy-nilly to get the combat multiplier up, and I was able to find a way between spells, potions, and infinitely respawning enemies to get my combat multiplier up to 99, and I got max experience in everything after about a half hour of fighting.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Fable 2, and I hope they can do a lot of things that were not quite ready for Fable 1.

Return to “Off Topic”