PARDUS MMOBG - ORION UNIVERSE

Anything not related to airsoft. Keep it appropriate.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Chazmania006
MAA Member

Post by Chazmania006 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:25 am

I think I'm around 25% to Corp on Pegasus.

I'll update my profile when I wanna update my profile.. you're not the boss of me.
This whole "Group StarPower" thing is just an invitation for friends to fight!
Krunk-11/26/06
He's like, a gay LaForge..
Ruud to blind Krunk-1/27/07
I'm getting smoked, with, people, in my.. smoking!!
Smoker jumped Caveman in L4D-11/22/08

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:27 am

Chazmania006 wrote:Yeah, that's why you were bountied then. While the black market pays more for biowaste than a regular starbase market does, it is considered illegal.

Rather than properly disposing of your stinky at a SB or recyclotron, those shifty individuals on the BM are gonna turn your brown (and red) into some kinda weapon. Yeeesh.. imagine the posibilities.
Yeah, I've never used the BM so that must be why...
My actions out of the coffin are often blamed on teens in gangs that have recently claimed the streets
See I'm disguised like the wolf who feigned a bleat in order to get close enough to maim the sheep
-Egami Rorrim

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:52 pm

Rayzor's Status Update:

Ship: Rustclaw "Rusty"
Competency: 27% towards [3]
APs played: 77,646
Credits: 113,383 Credits / APs
Experience: 2,127 Experience / APs

Space Maggots killed: 40
Young Space Dragons killed: 13
Own ship destroyed: 2

Tactics: 16.21
Hit accuracy: 17.16
Maneuver: 16.2
Weaponry: 14.1
Engineering: 13.93
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Irish
MAA Member

Post by Irish » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:09 pm

They'll think twice about collecting that bounty if they see the BSC under your name. Like Tank said, it aint worth it.

I've seen some Recycletrons paying 150 for poo. I sell most of mine on the BM though too.
AKA "The Predicament"
T.O.C.
I love this game.
LIKE us on facebook
Hustle Loyalty Respect

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:37 am

it's not all just poo jeez, it can be like used tampons and um 'used' Kleenex too. It gets lonely in space. God, start thinking like your characters would in the game.

And in all seriousness (if you can be serious about a game where you pretend to be Han Solo or someone from Firefly/Serenity) I wonder what the criteria is to get a bounty from the black market. If it's all random or do other factors work into it, like what you sell or buy and how much.
" I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Elliot
"What does not kill me REALLY HURTS!"

Chazmania006
MAA Member

Post by Chazmania006 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:48 am

definitely not random.. the developers give a fair amount of th formulas away.. and the rest are derived by the players in the forums..
Krunk-11/26/06

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:34 pm

:cry:

Today was my worst day in Pardus to date. I started out with 5000 AP loaded up with ~90t of faction and non-faction packages and on the way I was going to take on a specific Gorefang... well I made the mistake of not doublechecking the coords until I was engaged in battle... turns out the one I wanted to fight was a couple tiles over... so I tried to retreat, failed, took damage, tried to retreat, failed, considered fighting back for a moment but after assessing the condition of my ship decided I had no choice but to keep trying to retreat, of course I failed, took damage, tried to retreat, failed, took damage, tried to retreat, failed, died, slammed my fists on the table and shouted profanities. That mistake cost me to lose 13 missions(that's 39 missions down the tube)! Almost triple the amount of missions I've failed on any other day... so anyways, I actually lost experience on the day and my rank and competency both dropped 5% from yesterday... combined that's 22 missions I still have to make up just to get back to where I was... very frustrating.

The only good thing was I inadvertently got a medal by running into a Space maggot and waxing him in 2 rounds (would that make him a wax worm?... okay, not funny even if you get the reference)

My actions out of the coffin are often blamed on teens in gangs that have recently claimed the streets
See I'm disguised like the wolf who feigned a bleat in order to get close enough to maim the sheep
-Egami Rorrim

Irish
MAA Member

Post by Irish » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Decided to do some wandering. I ended up in Urlafa[11,7]. I decided to pick up some Keldon brains as long as I'm in town(they're real ripe this time of year :twisted: )

I'm finally to rank 3. I'll be buying a T-bird when I get back to the Human COre.
AKA "The Predicament"
T.O.C.
I love this game.
LIKE us on facebook
Hustle Loyalty Respect

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:48 pm

That sucks Scuzz....but it happens to all of us. Did you take a hit money and gear wise as well?
Last edited by THE ARCHANGEL on Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Didn't lose any gear cause I had an escape pod.

I lost 16,890 on the missions I failed, but I made 31,290 on the ones I completed. So I still made some money... pretty much enough to buy a new escape pod and the hydrogen fuel I used.
-Egami Rorrim

Mac/Pistol Man
Exceptionally Regular

Post by Mac/Pistol Man » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:58 pm

Well, yesterday, and today, were pretty good for me.
I found a HDS (Hidden Drug Stash), and since I am in a wasp, someone in my alliance vollenteered (spelling is horrid on that word....) to kill it for me. I got 6 drugs out of the 13 drugs it dropped (I let Jett Screamer have the rest, I don't need the money), and sold them for I think 90k credits in the blackmarket.

I almost got to rank 3, but I made the mistake to accept 3 gorefangling missions, and lost them, because everyone is hunting them now.

Today I am kind of ranking up, getting ready to accept the Babel T I will be getting soon (FOR FREE!!!)
I'm not a professional airsofter.. But I'm pretty damn close.
I buy broken/project guns! PM me!

ScorpioVI

Post by ScorpioVI » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:28 pm

Tank wrote:
1,000 credit's is pretty low. I don't know why anyone would even bother trying to collect it.

It's not about the money. It's about the mechanics of ambushing, and the excuse of being able to kill legally. When you set an ambush, you can choose to ambush for bounties (for all factions and private). You can also choose to set a minimum amount to ambush for (ie. you don't kill anybody with less than say 25,000 credits on bounties.)

The thing to remember is that it's not about how much you got in bounties, it's the fact that you have bounties. It just gives people an excuse to kill. The money might be change, but they get to chalk up a kill and get 5% of your experience points. If one of you guys killed me, you would get 42,000 XP off me. More XP = access to better (neutral) ships and maybe another building slot down the road.

Most alliances in Orion recognize bounty kills, BSC included. That is if you were killed because of a bounty there would be no repercussions for the killer. In that same vein, we also do some bounty-hunting (Me: Bounties collected: 44) but it's just a sideline. Then there are the alliances that live for collecting bounties (Soul Reapers, Imperial Order of the Paladins, Serio Beneficium, etc.). See Statistics - Top 20 - Bounty Hunters.

You get faction bounties for selling biowaste, drugs, slaves, and body parts to FACTION planets/starbases. You do not get bounties for selling the same to NEUTRAL planets. Which is why the drug industry is usually out in the neutral zones. So unless you're making bank running illegal body parts between faction clusters, I recommend avoiding getting bounties whenever possible. In the long run it'll just needlessly cost you rank, rep, skills, and XP.

p.s. Gabe, you should be fairly safe inside EKC. Like you said, we do have plenty of NAPs that'll keep you safe from most of the bounty-hunting alliances. But don't get caught out in the open.

Mac/Pistol Man
Exceptionally Regular

Post by Mac/Pistol Man » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:33 pm

Hey,
If any of you guys are in Lane cluster, stop by anphiex!
I can get you ships for 40-60% of regular cost. (Some even cheaper!)

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:54 pm

p.s. Gabe, you should be fairly safe inside EKC. Like you said, we do have plenty of NAPs that'll keep you safe from most of the bounty-hunting alliances. But don't get caught out in the open.
Roger that. I only stop on SB's and planets and always dock....even if I'm just sitting around waiting. I want to see if I can hold out the full 30 days.

FYI....I made Lord today as well.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

ScorpioVI

Post by ScorpioVI » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:02 am

THE ARCHANGEL wrote: Roger that. I only stop on SB's and planets and always dock....even if I'm just sitting around waiting. I want to see if I can hold out the full 30 days.

FYI....I made Lord today as well.

Congrats on the Lord bro! One more rank for the Connie, then the slog to the PASC.

Docking is good practice, with or without AP. I know when I'm out hunting bounties the main determining factor whether I lay an ambush or not is if I see enough ships with bounties in the nearby sectors.

Chazmania006
MAA Member

Post by Chazmania006 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:02 am

Updated my profile Gabe. As you can see, I havn't made a ton of progress in the combat realm (infact some stats are down since I last posted), but I have made some advances in other areas..
Krunk-11/26/06

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:48 am

Nice Chaz. You're a straight up businessman. Did your alliance help you with planning your builds? I still have not even thought about buildings yet. I imagine they keep you occupied in different ways....a different aspect of the game.

I had a good day....but am in a busy sector and would rather not be. I'm docked and therefore safe for now....but as soon as I have the AP'd I'm gonna fly out of here. I'll update my stats and have Gibril do the same.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Chazmania006
MAA Member

Post by Chazmania006 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:36 am

Yeah, I'm building in a sector that is managed by my alliance, so it was just a matter of contacting the sector manager and asking what sort of need there was.

I've managed to cover all of the startup costs without taking out any loans.

At lvl 6, the electronics facility is starting to do some business. Once they both are at lvl 8 I'll probably start focusing on ranking again. I've probably spent the last 15000 APs working on the buildings, but I should see a payoff soon.

Definitely a different aspect of the game, but fun nonetheless (and less stressful for that matter).
Krunk-11/26/06

am0463
Exceptionally Regular

Post by am0463 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:19 pm

How well would this work on a rather slow computer?

Chazmania006
MAA Member

Post by Chazmania006 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:23 pm

It's purely browser based, no 3d graphics rendering or anything like that.. if you can surf the internet, you shouldn't have any trouble.
Krunk-11/26/06

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:22 pm

I went and made a rookie mistake... ran out of fuel. Is anyone near PO 4-991? I'm stranded at [2,9]. If anyone is nearby a few tons of hydrogen fuel would be appreciated.
-Egami Rorrim

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:36 pm

Not my neck of the woods man. Maybe Tank. Maybe a distress call?
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Lord Ashtaroth
Extremely Regular

Post by Lord Ashtaroth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:56 pm

Well I joined the Savage Militia (run by a guy who killed me, so they're pretty nice especially since they just threw 50,000 creds at me) and I'll be building my first building in Cemiess where my alliance is starting to set up shop.
" I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Elliot
"What does not kill me REALLY HURTS!"

Pvtlee11b
Extremely Regular

Post by Pvtlee11b » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:04 pm

what is your name and what faction you join. Empire, Union or federation
HHC 1/34 BCT
"Men, this stuff we hear about America wanting to stay out of the war, not wanting to fight, is a lot of bullshit. Americans love to fight - traditionally. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle"
~General George S. Patton

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:21 am

I just got ambushed by a Gorefang.
I tried to retreat, but it killed me...Goddamn space monsters!! :x

edit: OH! and to make matters worse I was carrying cargo for faction missions so I lost rank. I ran a couple of other missions after the ambush and now I'm back to 90% to Master. All I want to do is rank so I can buy my new ship...GODDAMN SPACE MONSTERS!! :x :x
Last edited by Tank on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team PALADIN

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:29 am

Tank, if you're homebase is Ska would it be too much trouble to have you trade me some hydrogen fuel? I'm just SE of Ska in PO 4-991 at [2,9] right by the wormhole... otherwise I'm gonna have to blow ~3000AP to fly on emegency drive to a place that has fuel.
-Egami Rorrim

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:50 am

Scuzz- I replied to your message on Pardus.
I'm currently on Phicanho with ~ 200 AP so I can't help right now.
I could help you in a couple of hours once I get some AP back.
Team PALADIN

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:05 pm

Cool, man. Thank you. I'll make it worth your while. 8)

Assuming your docked in Phicanho, and figuring in the wormhole jumps, I estimate you'll need about 600-700 AP to make it to where I am.

EDIT: http://pardus.butterfat.net/pardusmappe ... canho.html

Use the AP calculator to have them automap the least expensive route.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Better yet, I slapped this together to save you the trouble.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc67 ... pardus.jpg
-Egami Rorrim

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Scuzz- I've got enough AP to get over to you (& back to nearest station) now.

LMK when you want me to head over there. I'll be logged in on Pardus from now until ~ 4:00.
Team PALADIN

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 pm

Well I'm available now. How's that? :D
-Egami Rorrim

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Is anyone near Kenlada?

Ronin is docked at 21,7 and would like someone to pick up some $$ and fuel tonight and deliver it to Rayzor tomorrow. Willing to compensate anyone willing to do the exchange with $$ &/or fuel.
Team PALADIN

Mac/Pistol Man
Exceptionally Regular

Post by Mac/Pistol Man » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:52 pm

Tank wrote:Is anyone near Kenlada?

Ronin is docked at 21,7 and would like someone to pick up some $$ and fuel tonight and deliver it to Rayzor tomorrow. Willing to compensate anyone willing to do the exchange with $$ &/or fuel.
Maybe, if you consider Anphiex close to Kenlada, lol...
I would if it were closer, but sorry, I don't think that would be possible in ~4000 - 5000 AP's

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:43 am

Tank wrote:Is anyone near Kenlada?

I gotchu, mang. I'm gonna start running some missions, but I'll make sure I end in Kenlada...

Edit: Fiinished my run... docked in Kenlada station... just let me know when you want to make the exchange.
-Egami Rorrim

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:22 am

I finally got a new ship.

Now to make more money so I can finish getting her set up how I want.
Currently she's got
2X 5 MW Impulse laser
2x Imperial G7 Smartwinder missiles
Titanium armor
Ion Drive
Small shield generator

Need - Better armor & better lasers.
Last edited by Tank on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team PALADIN

Mukappa56
Team PALADIN

Post by Mukappa56 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Sector: Nubuun
Position: [3,12]

all normal.
MK56
Team Paladin
Professionals
-------------------
Attend a Safety Certification Course class and pass the test.

Mac/Pistol Man
Exceptionally Regular

Post by Mac/Pistol Man » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:37 pm

Tank wrote:I finally got a new ship.

Now to make more money so I can finish getting her set up how I want.
Currently she's got
1x 1 MW Impulse Laser
1X 5 MW Impulse laser
2x Imperial G7 Smartwinder missiles
Titanium armor
Ion Drive

Need - shield generator, better armor, & better lasers.
I think you should get 2x 4mw, or 20mw particles. Depending on how rich you are...

TYRO
MAA Member

Post by TYRO » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 am

Username: Romaa (yes I combine tyro/maa in about everything if you haven't noticed, I keep yall close to my heart)

In tutorial... trying to get past the urge to do something else... eek, hard to start a game you know nothing about.

Downslide
A Regular

Post by Downslide » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 am

waiting for my alliance's shipyard to build my shiny new T-Bird....
*||}Zealot of The Divine Order Pi-XC{||*

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:19 pm

I just put in a request to join DABOO Corp. They are the biggest alliance in the Empire and in joining them I intend to make an impact on the war. I'll let you know what transpires.

I'm projecting that I'll be in a PASC within the next 10 weeks.
-Egami Rorrim

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:40 pm

Nice Downslide.

Good luck Scuzz, they have heavy clout in the verse.... I haven't had much dealings with them on the Keldon side of the Empire.

Even though Daitenshi is still bountied, I moved him up to the neutral zone as what I have to hunt in EKC was really not worth it. I am skilling. Pure and simple. Mostly hunting Z Squads, EP's, and Sarrac's. Money will be tight but I want to get my HA and Tac to forty....and I think I should be able to do that within the next 7-10 days hunting what I am.

Gibril is ranking (84% to Lord) and making money now....and honestly he's not sure what he's going to do next. We are both waiting until this Aperture thing happens to see if it's worth getting excited over. If not, Gibril may go the same way I did and go into a SCC and skill kill....or go for a Harrier or Venom for cargo ranking. He's still unaffiliated and may stay that way....
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Chazmania006
MAA Member

Post by Chazmania006 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:09 pm

This war seems to be pointlessly dragging out. I wonder if it will coincidentally end right before The Aperture opens up.

My last week has been dedicated to my two new buildings and trading. After some considerable startup costs, my Electronics Facility is up to level 7 and my Handweapons Factory is up to level 6. They're both starting to do their own business, which is really nice. I'm gonna babysit them for a little while longer and let my funds build back up to a comfortable level, then I'll go back to cargo ranking.
Krunk-11/26/06

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Yeah, the war could end anytime now....

Man I got lucky. I was playing at work and got called off for an emergency. Didn't realize I was sitting in the open in a neutral zone, 2 spaces from a goddamn planet even. Was gone over an hour. A Soul Reaper dropped me some fuel and told me to get out of the open....but as I'm still bountied and Emp in the EPR....I was very fortunate.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Chazmania006
MAA Member

Post by Chazmania006 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Wow.. obviously you've been skilling up your "Luck" rating.
Krunk-11/26/06

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:09 pm

Or he has the Parley ability. :wink:
-Egami Rorrim

caveman
MAA Member

Post by caveman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Ok, so I didn't have a very good day.
I decided to skill up a bit so took a break from Bio Scavengers (which I have been making great rank and credits on) and move to Elder Space Dragons.

There is a den of ESDs not too far from where I was so I headed over there. Got three (as well as some YSDs) pausing to fix my armor and re-charge my shields.

Then I discovered three things.

1. I was running out of APs and wouldn't be able to get to the last ESD I needed. (I couldn't find any more in the den.)

2. I no longer had the APs needed to complete two more (faction) missions. (So that was three faction missions failed)

3. The Energy wells in the den that I used to re-charge my shield were priced a bit higher than I had seen elsewhere. So, by recharging my shields twice, I was now 280,000 credits down. :evil:

So I learned some things today.

I did complete several other missions so I was only lost 2% on my faction ranking from where I was yesterday. I also got a good jump on my HA skill.

I am now limping to a SB to dock for the night and lick my wounds.

Dark_zero_x
MAA Member

Post by Dark_zero_x » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:32 am

I just joned and I think its alot of fun I only got 4 things left for training so hopefuly I can see you guys soon.
MAA Member #103
BATC RSL class 10-11
BATC Grad class 05-10
Gunfighter Level 1
T5.11TBT

Chazmania006
MAA Member

Post by Chazmania006 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:16 am

Ahh, yet another victim.. :twisted:
Krunk-11/26/06

Irish
MAA Member

Post by Irish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:23 am

Finally got a T-bird. Then went out on some kill missions and got killed by a space worm. Anyway, I updated my profile on the stat page.
AKA "The Predicament"
T.O.C.
I love this game.
LIKE us on facebook
Hustle Loyalty Respect

Scuzz
MAA Member

Post by Scuzz » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:55 am

Scuzz wrote:I just put in a request to join DABOO Corp. They are the biggest alliance in the Empire and in joining them I intend to make an impact on the war. I'll let you know what transpires.
I'm in and now I've got a whole lot of muscle. Time to launch a sneak attack on The Blue Sun Corporation! Kidding, kidding... I would never sneak attack another Imperial alliance... no, we're gonna launch an all out Keldon Cluster F***. Hahah, just kidding, but seriously though. :wink:

I'm just playin'. I'm gonna build a couple "priority" buildings for them in Phicanho. What's nice is they're going to fund the whole operation up to Level 6 for a Nebula Plant and a Plastics Facility.
-Egami Rorrim

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:28 am

Nice Scuzz....

I had a good day. 4 X-993 Squads, 4 Sarrac's (for money), 2 Gorefangling Swarms, 3 YSD's (for money). The only thing I'll say is, AP's go fast when all you do is fight.... I should be to 36 on my HA by tomorrow, 30 Man. Tactics for some reason seem to have slowed down, I was hoping to be by 30 but probably will only make it to 29.

Not too much to update stats wise....but I'm bored so I probably will anyway.
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Return to “Off Topic”