NEW GUYS BETTER READ THIS - THIS IS NOT AIRSOFT ZONE!!!

If you are new to the boards make sure you read this forum before posting.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

NEW GUYS BETTER READ THIS - THIS IS NOT AIRSOFT ZONE!!!

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:12 pm

This is not Airsoft Zone....and never will be as long as I have breath in my body!!!

For those of you not in the know the Airsoft Zone is one of the oldest and largest Airsoft Sites on the web. It has loads of information but somewhere down the line it got overrun with babbling children and idiots who spend more time asking repetitious questions and posturing than actually talking about Airsoft. This will NOT HAPPEN HERE.

This board has rules and they WILL be followed.

Effective immediately I want to see ages posted on everyone's profiles....EVERYONES!!! If I don't see them I'm going to petition for banning.

Second, this board is not your personal playground. We encourage a sense of community here but if you want to tell jokes, argue or compare dick sizes do it somewhere else. This is a PRIVATE BOARD and you WILL treat it with respect or you will be banished.

Third, this board has a plethora of information at your finger tips. If you have questions, SEARCH FIRST THEN ASK QUESTIONS. We've had an influx of new children lately, mostly from Wisconsin, who are treading dangerously close to pushing my patience too far. Do some research before you ask questions here and you'll find yourselves welcomed....if not, we'll show you the metaphoric door.

Fourth, Type correctly and PLEASE try to sound like you have a brain in your head. We understand that for some people English is a second language and we respect the difficulty that's associated with trying to relay your feelings but a lot of the VISITORS here show a total lack of basic writing skills. Ignorance is NOT a second language gentlemen, and you'd best shape up or you'll find your mindless drivel of a post deleted....without warning or explanation. And for the love of God….use a damned spell checker every once and awhile.

Fifth, DO NOT post from SCHOOLS!!! Do you not realize how infinitesimally ignorant that is. It’s like IQ’s suddenly dropped and no told me. Guns and School….do I really have to spell this out for you people. They don’t get along and all you do is threaten yourself and the MAA by abusing your PRIVALEGE of internet access at school. We’ll be watching gentlemen….if we find that a school IP comes up again….not only will it be banned but the school will be notified of this obvious infraction with the perpetrators reported. Use your heads….

In the last few days I have been appalled by the sophomoric posts I’ve been forced to read here. If some of you thought we were “mean” before you’ll find it only worsens the more moronic topics get posted. This is an AIRSOFT discussion board….moreover this the MINNESOTA AIRSOFT ASSOCIATION’S DISCUSSION BOARD. As I’ve found myself saying more and more of late….if you don’t like that….leave and give the REAL players a little peace. I might not have the clout to edit , delete, or sanction posts on Airsoft Zone….but I sure as Hell have that power here and I will use it to keep this board clean, organized, and WORTHY of the Members of the MAA.

If any of you, think for even a second the tone of this post is me being angry….think again. This is me be aggressively political. If I get angry I’ll let Sharma and Louie out of their cages with their ban sticks and let them go to town.

Consider yourselves warned.

One More Thing....
To the older guys and senior players....as much as you may agree with this post spare me your "hurrahs". They only feed a fire that is already burning out of control. If you like it or dislike it....have the common courtesy to keep it private....please. Thanks.

Carry on....

<small>[ April 12, 2004, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: THE ARCHANGEL ]</small>
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Re: NEW GUYS BETTER READ THIS - THIS IS NOT AIRSOFT ZONE!!!

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:47 pm

NO, At this time it is NOT possible to have a dedicated AGE entry. Louie has been working on the issue and we hope to have an alternative soon.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Rooster
MAA Member

Post by Rooster » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:56 am

*Bump - This needs to be read by all*
Rooster
PALADIN
-------------------------
MajWinters636 - "tittle says it all..."
Rooster's Profile

Sipowicz

Post by Sipowicz » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:34 pm

Read, and age added to profile as many others have.

(didn't know what that space meant at first . . . . :roll: )

Cody

Post by Cody » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:40 am

Sorry i didnt read this before i started posting.. i have been posting past 4 days without really searching...But ill start using the search tab now..sorry if i broke any rules.

Thor

Post by Thor » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:18 pm

You might want to reword "infinitesimally ignorant" because that would mean its barely ignorant at all. Don't worry, I understand english is a second language to some.

EDIT: Excuse me... I'll keep this comment private.

<small>[ October 05, 2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Thor ]</small>

JAke

Post by JAke » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:30 pm

I didnt read this either and i have updated my profile ihave my age in the occupation part and.. my age date of birth will and can be seen...
so thanks for the warning and its a pleasure to be here :hail:

INJUN

Post by INJUN » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:22 pm

I read it. I'll keep it clean.

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:25 pm

I read it also. Im not exactly new... but, i never post anything just look on here occasionally to see if there is a game or something. Most of you guys allready know me as Travis so... ya IM finally on the boards. :)

TYRO
MAA Member

Post by TYRO » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:51 pm

One of the most important things I found is that if joking around please put some sort of indication such as 'jk' or 'lol', even if you think its retarted. Ive just seen to many people say something that would be offensive but since the internet cant show attitude or emotion it turns into a argument. Just my thingy...

PEACE

50cal.master

sorry

Post by 50cal.master » Tue May 31, 2005 10:17 am

I also have been posting but have not searched alot. im sorry and i will keep my own stupid questions in me for now on.

Wondergoat
A Regular

Post by Wondergoat » Thu May 11, 2006 3:49 pm

I'm just getting involved on the board. I'm in Germany for now, but will be coming back at the end of July. My age is posted in my profile along with my "occupation".
"Not to be confused with baklava, which is a tasty Greek pastry..." MAA Safety Manual defining "Balaclava"

"And remember, if at first you don't succeed... you fail..." Portal Vid

Gir
MAA Member

Post by Gir » Thu May 11, 2006 7:14 pm

German exchange student? Or american born?

Anyways :wink: Welcome. I, as well as Isaac, live in brooklyn park that play alot. Welcome to the forums!
Basic Combat Training (US Army) 11-08, Honor Graduate...
OP's Attended: New Dawn

Wondergoat
A Regular

Post by Wondergoat » Fri May 12, 2006 12:25 am

American born and bred. I just developed a love for all things German sometime during the years. I've been abroad for a good 8 1/2 months now, and it'll be 11 by the time I get home. Yeah, I live up near the Coon Rapids Dam, and have another friend in BP who would also be interested in getting involved. We're planning on attending the Aug. 5th open game. Thanks for the welcome!
"Not to be confused with baklava, which is a tasty Greek pastry..." MAA Safety Manual defining "Balaclava"

"And remember, if at first you don't succeed... you fail..." Portal Vid

Koz
Exceptionally Regular

Post by Koz » Fri May 12, 2006 9:04 am

:) I helped get him hooked! :D

Loki

Post by Loki » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:05 pm

Alright, read it, sorry I too have been posting for almost a week now. I also appologize thtat my Thread i created in the gun discussion forum was made hastily without too much research, though i have learned ALOT. Also my age is posted under common interests i believe in my profile, wasn't completely sure where it was supposed to be, but incase you miss it, I am 16. Anyway, once again i apologize for any rule breaking i may have gone about doing, and I will too change my ways to follow the rules.

turtlewoo
A Regular

Post by turtlewoo » Thu May 03, 2007 9:00 pm

sorry iv just been on here for a day and havent done any research, im 15 and i spell like 6th :oops: grader and my computer dosent have a spell check... lol sorry
"The eyes of the patriot, fixed through the scope. The unknowing tyrant, walks to the rope. It's when murder is justice that martyrs are made, a one-gun salute for the no-independence-day. They'll hallow your name for your sacrifice."

JasumX
Exceptionally Regular

Post by JasumX » Thu May 03, 2007 9:14 pm

That was random...
BATC Class 0906, Recruit 102; Co-Honor Grad

The cake is a lie...

Gingerbreadman
MAA Member

Post by Gingerbreadman » Thu May 03, 2007 9:28 pm

Hello, my name is Gingerbreadman and I also have a problem...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Gotta get back in the game.

Sonofmogh

Post by Sonofmogh » Tue May 29, 2007 5:32 pm

No posting from school??? I used to look at guns at school all the time! They didn't care. Fine, I won't post anything from school (even though I only have two days of high school left :D ) Not because I care what my school thinks, but because its the rules of the MAA. 8)

Digital
MAA Member

Post by Digital » Tue May 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Thank you for being understanding.
Jon
-Member 27
-FoRT Team
"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."
-Rifleman's Creed

Stackhouse

Post by Stackhouse » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:09 pm

hey. guys I just joined and this was actually the first thing that I found and I'll follow you're rules, thanks.

Wolfwood
MAA Member

Post by Wolfwood » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:18 pm

Stackhouse wrote:hey. guys I just joined and this was actually the first thing that I found and I'll follow you're rules, thanks.
Thanks much. I look forward to your contributing on the boards. There is a bunch of great info in this newbie section.
Doc Holliday: My hypocrisy goes only so far.
Somewhere out there is 6mm of plastic with your name on it.
A strong arguement attacks the merits of a point. A weak arguement attacks the person who established the point.

Buff

Rules

Post by Buff » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:30 pm

I'll abide by those rules and keep it clean

Blackcat
MAA Member

Re: Rules

Post by Blackcat » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:51 pm

Buff wrote:I'll abide by those rules and keep it clean
Thanks- Lately its been feeling like some of the new guys haven't been reading/following rules.
FORT Team - 21st Infantry Division(RIP) - MAA#46 - BATC 03-05hg - Gunfighter Level 1 - OPs Attended: 12 - Blackcat's Profile - Blog

bladerunner
A Regular

Post by bladerunner » Mon May 05, 2008 10:26 pm

I agree to follow the above rules to the best of my ability.
The cake is a lie.

S.T.A.R.S. Assault
BATC 5-10 Graduate
MAA

lord_coz
A Regular

Post by lord_coz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:43 pm

edit
Last edited by lord_coz on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Viper
MAA Member

Post by Viper » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:55 pm

lord_coz wrote:is there no way to make a sticky thread? that would sorta keep this stuff at the top.
.... this thread is a sitcky.
Viper - Morris Team
MAA Member #73
BATC 05/10 #104

lord_coz
A Regular

Post by lord_coz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:50 pm

answers that then...
Last edited by lord_coz on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mailman
Extremely Regular

Post by Mailman » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:31 pm

This all sounds good to me.
BATC 5-10 Honor Grad
The most dangerous weapon in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass.

jsutton414

Post by jsutton414 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:16 am

Sorry if I broke any of the rules (Maybe the search one), I just joined a few days ago and will be posting my age.

Mr. Airsoft
Somewhat Regular

Post by Mr. Airsoft » Sun May 03, 2009 9:53 am

Im sorry ive been asking questions sooooo.........I'll start using the search bar. Sorry for breaking the rules
LIfe isn't fair..live with it.

bflotty

Post by bflotty » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Hello,

I am new to these forums (as of today). I have added my age to my profile (22, save you the time). I have only one problem with the rules, and if it can't be resolved I will hold my posts. My issue is I am a college student living in a campus owned apartment and my IP address may show up as a school IP. I would like to be active on this forum, but if I can not, understand, I will wait until I get back to the cities to catch up on the forum. I just wanted to make sure it is not an issue and if it is to make the admins aware of it.

Thanks

bflotty

m4-ak47-max

Post by m4-ak47-max » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:45 pm

i am new here and i will follow all the rules thank you for the advice.

The_Sambo
Still A Newbie

Post by The_Sambo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Hey guys- I'm new here and I just wanted to say thanks for all the awesome advice and I will keep all of my posts as helpful and informative as
possible.
"Aim small, miss small."

Death before disco, disco before rap!

pinemdownshootemup

Post by pinemdownshootemup » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Hey guys, thanks for providing a down to business forum.

NullTheWorm

Post by NullTheWorm » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:10 am

I am new to these forums and Airsoft. I'm glad to have read this first before posting. I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to learning and contributing. Thanks.
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

vanossster
A Regular

Post by vanossster » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:49 am

Welcome to the boards. :D

NullTheWorm

Post by NullTheWorm » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 am

Thank you for the greeting. Good to see these that these boards are actively viewed. :D
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

vanossster
A Regular

Post by vanossster » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:00 am

Yep :D

larritta99

Post by larritta99 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:41 am

hey,
I have a question. I am a college student. I live on campus for the time being and have been using the schools internet to post here. Is this a violation of the MAA rules? or, is the rule about not using school IP addresses only for high school users? I hope I am not in violation of the rules because I dont get to use internet off campus that often.

Larry Ross
Larry Ross

Trust in the Lord.

Viper
MAA Member

Post by Viper » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:48 am

I think that does only apply to high schools and the like. The fact that you live on campus and the school provides your internet is a bit different. Browsing an airsoft forum during class in high school is different from browsing in the comfort of your own dorm on campus. I certainly browsed the MAA many many times while I lived on campus when I was in college.

That's just my take on it though.
Viper - Morris Team
MAA Member #73
BATC 05/10 #104

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Yah, I think it's really geared toward keeping students from accessing the site from school computers.

Personally, I work in a high school and occasionally check the forums from my work computer. The idea is really to keep kids from reading about guns and shooting people while at school.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

larritta99

Post by larritta99 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:08 am

Thank you all for your interpretations of this rule.
Larry Ross

Trust in the Lord.

IronRangersAirsoft
A Regular

Post by IronRangersAirsoft » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:39 am

I am not so old but Iagree with this anyway. You make a point when you want to.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." - George Patton

Ghostcookie

Post by Ghostcookie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm

I also agree with ALL of this, thanks for making it clear. It will be much easier not to go wonder off.
BlackWood company officer
Main gun: JG G36
Call name >>>Blackout<<<
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

centuryAIRSOFT

Post by centuryAIRSOFT » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:07 am

Understood.

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm somewhat new to the sport, and this form(s). I believe my age has already been posted on my user profile. As for jokes, Humor, and keeping my mouth shut when I should? I'll keep it PG-13!

Thanks for the info, This page was VERY helpful in finding out I could be confident of this site and this Air Soft community for assistance with gun problems, to finding fields and friends to play Air Soft with! (Don't mean to rave here) But I've seen other forms that look like crap, work like crap and are led like crap! I'm happy to see that someone has taken Air Soft forms and made them "Usable" Again!

Many Thanks! :mrgreen:
LEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY JIIIIIINNNNNNKKKKKKKIIINNNNSSSSS!!!!!!

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:06 am

DasOmen wrote:I believe my age has already been posted on my user profile.
It has not. Click on "User Control Panel" in the upper left of your screen, go to the "Profile" tab, and enter your birth date.

Welcome to the forums!

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Bunny wrote:
DasOmen wrote:I believe my age has already been posted on my user profile.
It has not. Click on "User Control Panel" in the upper left of your screen, go to the "Profile" tab, and enter your birth date.

Welcome to the forums!

Clark

Thank you very much Clark! I've up-dated my profile and made sure all information is up to date.
LEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY JIIIIIINNNNNNKKKKKKKIIINNNNSSSSS!!!!!!

Return to “Newbie info - Archive - FAQ”