fields or groups near minneapolis

If you are new to the boards make sure you read this forum before posting.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

theaveragedoctor

fields or groups near minneapolis

Post by theaveragedoctor » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 am

I've played paintball and own the safety gear I need to play, just don't have an air soft gun. I'd like to move more into air soft but it seems like every field is hours away from me ( Circle pines ) id like to find a field and a group to play with considering I really don't know anyone that plays.

I'm 21 years old, I've got somewhat reliable transportation, and I'm down for a 45 minute drive. But an hour just seems excessive.

If any of you have a recommendation im happy to hear it, ideally id like to find a team to play with eventually. I'm extremely interested in scenario based gameplay and a group that can work together vs lone wolf 24/7.

Thanks! And sorry if I've come to the wrong forum for this, I'm not entirely sure where to start.

Archer
    MAA Member

Re: fields or groups near minneapolis

Post by Archer » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:13 am

Unfortunately airsoft is one of those hobbies where, unless you have the good fortune to have a field thrown into your lap, you will probably have to do some driving to actually participate. An hour really isn't that much to drive for a day's activity on the weekends. There is just too much space requirement and cost involved to ever see a proper field within the cities unless someone would happen to have the land/buildings literally fall into their lap. the margins just don't work out.

Your options around the cities are:
    Twin Cities Airsoft outside of Baldwin, WI (almost always runs two days, and has free camping)
    Big Lake Airsoft in Big Lake, MN
    Crossfire Airsoft has a new field located in Clearwater, MN
    MN Pro Paintball in Lakeville occasionally has airsoft games, but I would check their website/facebook first.
    Airsoft Xtreme is in New Richmond WI (has camping available, but have to pay for it)
    Special Forces Paintball is now running airsoft again, but it seems to be a pretty small crowd.

My recommendation would personally be TCA out in baldwin. It's pretty much a straight shot down 94 from where you are, and if you are concerned about the amount of driving you can drive out friday night and camp all the way through sunday. There is a large game on the first weekend of every month, and Octobers is the Fall Giant Airsoft Game VI, which is usually a turnout of well over 250 people.
    Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
    OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
    OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
    TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

theaveragedoctor

Post by theaveragedoctor » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Archer, I appreciate the quick reply. I still have some more questions.

Do all these fields offer rentals? For the moment being I can't afford to go buy an airsoft load out. Of they do, generally what do they run? I know paintball feilds run a lot of base model tippmann markers. But since I haven't really dipped my toes in the water with airsoft I'm not sure what to expect. Also do they offer extra mags with rentals? I'll look into the fields you've suggested, but as far as their sites, some tend to be extremely vaugue.

Also are there a lot of groups that play together? How can I get involved?

Thanks again, Jordan.

Archer
    MAA Member

Post by Archer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:52 am

No problem.

Most of the fields I listed do offer rentals of some sort or another. Prices vary depending on field, and some even have multiple levels of rentals (AEGs vs HPA, etc) that have different costs. usually a rental includes one or two extra mags, but most don't offer more then that.

The websites are pretty thin, but most of the fields have much more complete information on their facebook pages. so that would be another resource to check out.

If you are interested, I will be out at Twin Cities Airsoft for open plays this weekend, specifically I will be doing a referee boot camp on Saturday. feel free to come out, check out the field, see how things work.
    Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
    OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
    OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
    TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

thetaco
    Exceptionally Regular

Post by thetaco » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 am

Hey neighbor! I live in Lino Lakes. I can be of help if you ever want to put eyes or hands on some good equipment and I like to think I'm a good source of information on the subject.

I'm also looking to let people carpool to games, as you've stated, some locations can be a bit of a drive. Archer is a great source to look to also, as he has been in the sport for nearly as long as I have been. As far as getting set up with gear, drop me a line. I benefit from being part of a group of guys with dealer access to Condor, where we could potentially set you up with gear for half the price of going to stores or ordering online.
    "Courage isn't that you can see what lies ahead; courage means you will advance not knowing but doing at all costs."
    Byron Pulsifer

Return to “Newbie info - Archive - FAQ”